MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a)

356 posts
lolwut

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (a)

by lolwut » 18 Feb 2021 14:30

Zip
lolwut
CountryRoyal
No fans is shit. I'm only 5-10min walk away from Whaddon road.

I am also only 5-10 min walk away from Whaddon Road.

NEIGHBOURS OXOXOXO

Whaddon? Prestbury?

Deep in the pits of Whaddon.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Feb 2021 14:31

lolwut
Zip
lolwut

NEIGHBOURS OXOXOXO

Whaddon? Prestbury?

Deep in the pits of Whaddon.

Lovely stuff.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Feb 2021 15:43

South Coast Royal
Zip
NewCorkSeth Good post this.

Yes it is. Interesting we have used the least players this season. I would like to see more of Tetek. He is another one out of contract this summer.

It is interesting , so are we to assume that our injury "crisis" is not such a crisis when compared to other teams?
Presumably also as a team maybe there are fewer changes because we are winning more games than losing- we have a settled squad but when teamsare losing changes need to be made.

Good post BT-just one thing.
Your preference for a fully-fit inferior player over a tired superior player is a valid point when there is not such a gulf as we have in some positions, e.g between Joao and Baldock or between Olise and Aluko.

Even in these enlightened times it is apparently common for most sportsmen to be carrying an injury ( Djokovic?) and yet carry on playing for many reasons such as keeping your place, money, the manager or coach pushing you etc.

I suspect most carry on playing whilst they might be carrying an injury because the absolutely love their sport and are lost without it! I know I was guilty of that in the past and probably paying the price now in my old age.

It's a drug and you even get withdrawal symptoms and feelings of great guilt if you ease up on your training!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Feb 2021 16:20

RoyalBlue
South Coast Royal
Zip
Yes it is. Interesting we have used the least players this season. I would like to see more of Tetek. He is another one out of contract this summer.

It is interesting , so are we to assume that our injury "crisis" is not such a crisis when compared to other teams?
Presumably also as a team maybe there are fewer changes because we are winning more games than losing- we have a settled squad but when teamsare losing changes need to be made.

Good post BT-just one thing.
Your preference for a fully-fit inferior player over a tired superior player is a valid point when there is not such a gulf as we have in some positions, e.g between Joao and Baldock or between Olise and Aluko.

Even in these enlightened times it is apparently common for most sportsmen to be carrying an injury ( Djokovic?) and yet carry on playing for many reasons such as keeping your place, money, the manager or coach pushing you etc.

I suspect most carry on playing whilst they might be carrying an injury because the absolutely love their sport and are lost without it! I know I was guilty of that in the past and probably paying the price now in my old age.

It's a drug and you even get withdrawal symptoms and feelings of great guilt if you ease up on your training!

Luckily (?) I stopped playing in my early 30s mainly because of back problems but also for some years before then suffered for a couple of days after games (especially on firm ground) because of pain around the ankle as a result of a snapped tendon in my early 20s .

Fortunately the ending of playing days coincided with my son starting junior football (playing on Sundays) so it meant involvement with his team and both of us being able to come up to Reading for Saturday games rather than just for midweek matches.
Even after all these years I still miss playing football and cricket-much as I like golf it can never replace what I and so many others get or got out of team sports.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Feb 2021 22:59

Zip
CountryRoyal
Zip Sam Smith scored for Cheltenham tonight and getting some great reviews by their fans one of whom referred to Reading as a “great club”. I hope he can help them go up and join them in League One next season.

I’m just down the road....15 min drive.

Ah nice where abouts?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Feb 2021 23:00

Zip
lolwut
CountryRoyal

NEIGHBOURS OXOXOXO

Whaddon? Prestbury?

I'm just by Kings Arms. Lockdown has saved me a lot of money tbf. :lol:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 19 Feb 2021 09:26

Nameless
Millsy Here we are congratulating the boys on a measly 2-0 win, when they were on a losign streak, huge injury woes, imminent manager departure, and Watford were able to put 6 past them. Should we have done a lot better?

I think Westwood52 must be your grandad with the common ability to pluck only negativity from a positive situation !
It’s a huge luxury to be able to write off a convincing 2-0 away win as ‘measly’.....’

Sadly as you will find out,the older you get the grumpier you become.Think Victor Meldrew.I repeat however that Yids and Rino were excellent the other night and Jao s goal showed what a class act he is.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Feb 2021 09:28

Pepe the Horseman Can we crash at yours after the Cheltenham festival next year?

Of course babes x BYOB

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Feb 2021 20:59

Millsy
Nameless
Millsy Here we are congratulating the boys on a measly 2-0 win, when they were on a losign streak, huge injury woes, imminent manager departure, and Watford were able to put 6 past them. Should we have done a lot better?

I think Westwood52 must be your grandad with the common ability to pluck only negativity from a positive situation !
It’s a huge luxury to be able to write off a convincing 2-0 away win as ‘measly’.....’

Hehe, fair comment, although you hopefully have had the misfortune of reading enough of my posts to know a) I often put out discussion type points as devil's advocate as I like (respectful) discussion and b) I've come to blows here with a couple of people for being allegedly overly optimistic having banged on incessantly since that 3-0 Cardiff win about how we're a "very very good side". Put my money where my mouth was with a bet (I lost, but hey ho).

So my views absolutely echo the excellent replies I have got, yes this was obviously a great win and performance and you can only play the team in front of you and when you're 2-0 up and comfortably no point risking injuries... but also not to get too complacent and over-confident, a longstanding common problem for Reading hence struggling against nobodies like Millwall. That will be our downfall.

Was going to interject that I reckon Millsy just likes to be contrary to promote a discussion
But you've done it for me :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2021 23:07

bcubed
Millsy
Nameless

Hehe, fair comment, although you hopefully have had the misfortune of reading enough of my posts to know a) I often put out discussion type points as devil's advocate as I like (respectful) discussion and b) I've come to blows here with a couple of people for being allegedly overly optimistic having banged on incessantly since that 3-0 Cardiff win about how we're a "very very good side". Put my money where my mouth was with a bet (I lost, but hey ho).

So my views absolutely echo the excellent replies I have got, yes this was obviously a great win and performance and you can only play the team in front of you and when you're 2-0 up and comfortably no point risking injuries... but also not to get too complacent and over-confident, a longstanding common problem for Reading hence struggling against nobodies like Millwall. That will be our downfall.

Was going to interject that I reckon Millsy just likes to be contrary to promote a discussion
But you've done it for me :D

Hehe, a very astute hobnobber you are :)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Feb 2021 00:30

Westwood52
Nameless

Sadly as you will find out,the older you get the grumpier you become.Think Victor Meldrew.I repeat however that Yids and Rino were excellent the other night and Jao s goal showed what a class act he is.

What a load of rubbish. I am no grumpier now than I was watching us in Div 4.
Some of us just started young.... :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Feb 2021 21:53

I won't gloat, as this was mainly a devil's advocate thought-provoking post, but even a devil's advocate post has to be based on some truth. A measly 2-0 when other promotion candidates smashed 8 past them.

Complacent overpaid arrogant losers (literally) is what our boys are turning into.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Feb 2021 11:14

Millsy

I won't gloat, as this was mainly a devil's advocate thought-provoking post, but even a devil's advocate post has to be based on some truth. A measly 2-0 when other promotion candidates smashed 8 past them.

Complacent overpaid arrogant losers (literally) is what our boys are turning into.

I mean I can't argue with the last sentence but Bristol just beat Boro so our win looks ok doesn't it?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Feb 2021 11:27

bcubed
Millsy

I mean I can't argue with the last sentence but Bristol just beat Boro so our win looks ok doesn't it?

I guess so, yeah if we're happy to compare ourselves with the likes of playoff hopefuls like Boro, which I guess is all we are now, as opposed to autopro hopefuls like Watford.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Feb 2021 11:29

Millsy
bcubed
Millsy

I guess so, yeah if we're happy to compare ourselves with the likes of playoff hopefuls like Boro, which I guess is all we are now, as opposed to autopro hopefuls like Watford.

I'd take play off hopeful right now

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2021 11:37

Our play off bid is certainly not looking anything other than hopeful right now.

356 posts