Rotherham (a) W
Blackburn (h) D
Sheff wed (h) W
Forest (a) D
Birmingham (a) W
QPR (h) W
Barnsley (a) W
Derby (h) W

26 points from me, probably overly confident.
@statisticians: would this be enough to get autos?

over the last 10 years, an average of 87.7 points was needed to get 2nd place.
over the last 10 years, an average of 74.1 points was required for a playoff place in 6th position

Leicester scraped into the playoffs on 68 points the lowest tally in the last 10 years, back in 2013
Fulham back in 2017 finished on 80 points and finished 6th the highest points tally for 6th in the last 10 years

Hull have the lowest point total for 2nd place in the last 10 year back in 2013 with 79 points
Brighton and Burnley both got 93 points in 2017 and 2013 respectively. The highest point total for a 2nd place finishes in the last 10 years.

If we average 2 points a game for the remaining 16 games we will finish on 83 points, 4.7 shy of the average needed for second place.
if we want to get to finish in the playoff we need to run at 1.4 points per game to reach the average points required for a minimum 6th place finish.

So all we need to do is win the next 10 and beat both Huddersfield and Luton and that will give us our 87 points required, simples.

Thanks Woodley. In other words we need more than I've calculated, is that what you're telling me?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next 10 games

by CountryRoyal » 18 Feb 2021 23:11

It's so hard to predict us at the moment. If we play like we did against Brentford I can't see us being too troubled, but if we put in many performances similar to the Millwall game then it will be a pretty dismal haul. Bristol City was hard to measure because they were so so awful, and we took our foot off a bit.

Boro (h) - D
Wycombe (a) - W
Rotherham (a) - W
Blackburn (h) - L
Sheff wed (h) - D
Forest (a) - D
Birmingham (a) - L
QPR (h) - D
Barnsley (a) - W
Derby (h) - W

Pessimistically 16 points, I suspect we will do better than this - or I hope we do anyway!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2021 00:09

We've been pretty consistent since our crazy start, played 18, won 8 drawn 5, lost 5. 1.6ppg.

We've only strung two league wins in a row together once since the great start. At this point I think we can expect to see that form continue for the most part. That gives us about another 25 points, so 76 ish.

We're playing like we'll finish 5th or 6th IMO. Few too man injuries. Not quite enough chances. A few too many sloppy goals. Poor coming from behind. Not good at stringing a run together. But on our day one of the best, that day just isn't coming quite often enough.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2021 00:14

Boro (h) - D
Wycombe (a) - W
Rotherham (a) - W
Blackburn (h) - L
Sheff wed (h) - D
Forest (a) - D
Birmingham (a) - W
QPR (h) - L
Barnsley (a) - L
Derby (h) - W

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2021 08:04

Snowflake Royal We've been pretty consistent since our crazy start, played 18, won 8 drawn 5, lost 5. 1.6ppg.

We've only strung two league wins in a row together once since the great start. At this point I think we can expect to see that form continue for the most part. That gives us about another 25 points, so 76 ish.

We're playing like we'll finish 5th or 6th IMO. Few too man injuries. Not quite enough chances. A few too many sloppy goals. Poor coming from behind. Not good at stringing a run together. But on our day one of the best, that day just isn't coming quite often enough.

Yeah that pretty much

Would 100% take 6th place and having Swift and Meite back with no other significant injuries going into the POs

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Feb 2021 08:42

Boro (h) - W
Wycombe (a) - W
Rotherham (a) - D
Blackburn (h) - W
Sheff wed (h) - D
Forest (a) - L
Birmingham (a) - W
QPR (h) - W
Barnsley (a) - L
Derby (h) - D

5 wins, 3 Draws 2 defeats - 18 pts - leaving us on 69 after 40 and likely needing 4-6 points from the last 6 games to make the play-offs.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Feb 2021 09:32

Snowflake Royal We're playing like we'll finish 5th or 6th IMO. Few too man injuries. Not quite enough chances. A few too many sloppy goals. Poor coming from behind. Not good at stringing a run together. But on our day one of the best, that day just isn't coming quite often enough.

This is the best thing I’ve seen describing us as a team. Very true.

If we do get there it would be good if Swift is back for a few games before the playoffs to really try and pick up some good results and go into them with some momentum.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Feb 2021 09:54

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal We're playing like we'll finish 5th or 6th IMO. Few too man injuries. Not quite enough chances. A few too many sloppy goals. Poor coming from behind. Not good at stringing a run together. But on our day one of the best, that day just isn't coming quite often enough.

If we do get there it would be good if Swift is back for a few games before the playoffs to really try and pick up some good results and go into them with some momentum.

If we make the play-offs with a fully fit squad we have noone to fear, i know its easy to say because we havent had a a clean bill of health all season.
With our shocking PO record I`m confident this is the best team we`ve had going into the end season lottery (if we make it)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2021 09:57

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

If we make the play-offs with a fully fit squad we have noone to fear, i know its easy to say because we havent had a a clean bill of health all season.
With our shocking PO record I`m confident this is the best team we`ve had going into the end season lottery (if we make it)

One of Brentford, Norwich and Swansea will be in there. On a downer true, but we've not picked up much against them.

Our record v our rivals isn't great

Is it p6,w2,d0,l4?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Feb 2021 10:00

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

One of Brentford, Norwich and Swansea will be in there. On a downer true, but we've not picked up much against them.

The 2nd matches of Norwich and Swansea are going to be very interesting, we really were not at our strongest against either in the first match.

Although maybe less so with Norwich as it comes right at the end of the season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Feb 2021 10:08

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Is it p6,w2,d0,l4?

I will repeat, with a fully strength squad we are as good as anyone in this league.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Feb 2021 10:10

WWWWWWWWWW

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2021 11:29

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Is it p6,w2,d0,l4?

Drew with Swansea, beat Watford and Bournemouth. Lost to Norwich, Brentford twice, and Bournemouth once.

We actually played Bournemouth off the park for 3 of the 4 halves against them imo. Nothing to fear there. Swansea, Norwich and Brentford away we had significant injury issues. We outplayed Brentford at home for the majority without Swift and Meite and therefore lack of good sub options.

Nothing to fear from them tbh. Though I'd rather avoid Brentford and Norwich.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Feb 2021 21:53

This going well. :D

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Feb 2021 14:40

W - Boro (h) - Form-wise we should win, but I could see us losing this one
W - Wycombe (a) - Form-wise we should win, but I could see us dropping points. Wycombe are fighters
D - Rotherham (a) - League position isn't everything. Rotherham are no push-overs. I feel sure we won't win all 3 games

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2021 18:01

Snowball W - Boro (h) - Form-wise we should win, but I could see us losing this one
W - Wycombe (a) - Form-wise we should win, but I could see us dropping points. Wycombe are fighters
D - Rotherham (a) - League position isn't everything. Rotherham are no push-overs. I feel sure we won't win all 3 games

Sorry, are you seriously highlighting how prescient you are that you thought we would win, but maybe not?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Feb 2021 18:52

Snowflake Royal
Snowball W - Boro (h) - Form-wise we should win, but I could see us losing this one

Sorry, are you seriously highlighting how prescient you are that you thought we would win, but maybe not?

No I DIDN'T think we would win. My gut said we were in trouble, but the bit on the left was just following the odds.

Saying "I feel sure we won't win all 3 games" is pretty specific.

But, as usual, whoever is your victim-of-the-day, you pile in.

You must have a seriously sad, pathetic life, and I'll bet you're single.

Just so's you know, I think we will go to Rotherham now, and probably win well.

Why? Because if we don't it's all over, so the guys will turn it round.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Feb 2021 19:38

Snowball
Snowflake Royal

No I DIDN'T think we would win. My gut said we were in trouble, but the bit on the left was just following the odds.

Saying "I feel sure we won't win all 3 games" is pretty specific.

But, as usual, whoever is your victim-of-the-day, you pile in.

You must have a seriously sad, pathetic life, and I'll bet you're single.

Just so's you know, I think we will go to Rotherham now, and probably win well.

Why? Because if we don't it's all over, so the guys will turn it round.

LMFAO

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2021 20:05

I would say 17 points from the remaining 8 are an absolute minimum given some of the horrendous games we have on the final stretch.

Sat 10 Apr
A
Watford
Championship
3pm

Sat 17 Apr
H
Cardiff City
Championship
3pm

Wed 21 Apr
A
Luton Town
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 24 Apr
H
Swansea City
Championship
3pm

Sat 1 May
A
Norwich City
Championship
3pm

Sat 8 May
H
Huddersfield Town
Championship
3pm

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2021 21:34

windermereROYAL I would say 17 points from the remaining 8 are an absolute minimum given some of the horrendous games we have on the final stretch.

Sat 10 Apr
A
Watford
Championship
3pm

Sat 17 Apr
H
Cardiff City
Championship
3pm

Wed 21 Apr
A
Luton Town
Championship
7.45pm

Sat 24 Apr
H
Swansea City
Championship
3pm

Sat 1 May
A
Norwich City
Championship
3pm

Sat 8 May
H
Huddersfield Town
Championship
3pm

In all honesty,unless we are totally out of it some of those games may suit us better than who we are playing now.