MATCHWATCH : Rotherham united (a)

335 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham united (a)

by Sutekh » 24 Feb 2021 14:01

Snowflake Royal We never really bounced back though did we.

We've won two games in a row once since. But we've lost two games in a row 3 times.

Technically Reading have failed to win back to back games since the win at Blackburn in October, however the club has won back to back league games (Huddersfield and Coventry) at the start of January but in between those two games fielded the standard “can’t be bothered XI” in the FACup and lost.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Feb 2021 14:04

Expect another mashup of an XI at Rotherham. VP will persist with 4-2-3-1 and I reckon the changes will see Yiadom and Richards return in place of Holmes and McIntyre plus one of Ejaria, Semedo and Olise dropped.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Feb 2021 15:31

Stranded
Snowflake Royal We never really bounced back though did we.

We've won two games in a row once since. But we've lost two games in a row 3 times.

You may want to call it steadying the ship I guess. Now the question now really is, has the ship taken on too much water or can we still bail out.

Have we left the port yet?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Feb 2021 15:41

Jonathan Low has tweeted there is a chance Meite will be back for Saturday, if he is do we throw him right back in?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Feb 2021 15:43

tidus_mi2 Jonathan Low has tweeted there is a chance Meite will be back for Saturday, if he is do we throw him right back in?

With his recent injury record, I would say no.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Feb 2021 15:48

If we lose this, then Poorno's position at the helm is in severe danger, I think he has to go

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Feb 2021 17:07

Simmops If we lose this, then Poorno's position at the helm is in severe danger, I think he has to go

You shouldn't joke (you are joking, right?) - out of the current top 6, two of the teams (Watford, Bournemouth) have already sacked their managers while they were in top 6 simply for being on a bad losing streak. It has done the trick for Cardiff too.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Feb 2021 17:21

morganb
Simmops If we lose this, then Poorno's position at the helm is in severe danger, I think he has to go

You shouldn't joke (you are joking, right?) - out of the current top 6, two of the teams (Watford, Bournemouth) have already sacked their managers while they were in top 6 simply for being on a bad losing streak. It has done the trick for Cardiff too.

You should really know by now not to take Simmops seriously.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Feb 2021 17:26

Looking like Meite may be back for this one.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Feb 2021 17:38

Stranded Looking like Meite may be back for this one.

Yes - looking good.

I'd start him and give him an hour then bring on Puscas

Olise behind Joao

Laurent and Rino back together

Yiadom and Richards full backs

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Feb 2021 17:57

Sutekh Expect another mashup of an XI at Rotherham. VP will persist with 4-2-3-1 and I reckon the changes will see Yiadom and Richards return in place of Holmes and McIntyre plus one of Ejaria, Semedo and Olise dropped.

Yes likely. Rafael’s position surely has to be considered too. He didn’t do anywhere near enough to block the ball going into the net last night. Can you recall a keeper that has made so many mistakes costing goals in a season that hasn’t been dropped? I can’t.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Feb 2021 20:36

Zip
Sutekh Expect another mashup of an XI at Rotherham. VP will persist with 4-2-3-1 and I reckon the changes will see Yiadom and Richards return in place of Holmes and McIntyre plus one of Ejaria, Semedo and Olise dropped.

Yes likely. Rafael’s position surely has to be considered too. He didn’t do anywhere near enough to block the ball going into the net last night. Can you recall a keeper that has made so many mistakes costing goals in a season that hasn’t been dropped? I can’t.

Without Joao`s penalty misses and Rafael`s cock ups we would probably be in an automatic spot.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 25 Feb 2021 08:35

windermereROYAL
Zip

Without Joao`s penalty misses and Rafael`s cock ups we would probably be in an automatic spot.

Said on twitter that, following Moores interview, it seems unusual that Rafael hasn't been dropped. All the talk of non negotiables and nobody being automatic starter seems like bollocks when you look at some of his performances.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Feb 2021 08:47

Happy with Meite coming back on the bench to start with.

Desperately need him fit. He scores goals, and important ones at that. Its not really like any team has outplayed on this recent crap run, and we've still created chances and scoring opportunities. At least with him and Puscas back, we have 3 players proven to score goals at this level and no longer solely relying on Joao.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 25 Feb 2021 09:17

After Tuesday - the hard decisions are made easy. We looked terrible with certain players in certain positions.
My preference would be have Holmes and Richards as full backs. Bring Tmac back to CB - Moore back onto the bench. Drop Semedo and have Esteves out on the right. That allows us to bring Meite on with out changing formation / or bringing Puscas on to go 442.

On a side note, can we stop lumping it up the pitch this game please?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Feb 2021 09:27

Raphael

Holmes Morrisson Moore Richards

Laurent Rinomhota

Meite Olise Ejaria

Joao

Put this team out on Saturday and that will be a good indication with where we are at. Simples.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Feb 2021 09:39

I dont' want to see Meite back.

Not that I don't like him, but a) injury risk and b) I want|Pauno and his boys to fix things. It'll do wonders for their confidence and we need to know Pauno can fix whatever is up without the need to inject Meite.

Stick Meite back in and it'll just paper over the cracks if we win.

We need to sort out the rest of the team without him.

Maybe a sub in the last 30mins if we're losign. Sorry this is Pauno we're talking about I'll correct that to in the last 30s if we're losing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2021 10:58

Rotherham are on a run worse than ours at the moment - 4 straight defeat and play a 3-5-1-1 formation.

As a result, get on the front foot - go with 3 at the back - push TMc in with Moore and Morrison - push on the fullbacks as wing backs, so:

Rafael

Morrison
McIntyre
Moore

Yiadom
Laurent
Rino
Olise or Ejaria
Richards

Puscas
Joao

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Feb 2021 11:45

Knowing Pauno I doubt he'll change formation and will go with -

These 9 guaranteed starters (if fit on Saturday):

Rafael
Morrison
Moore
Laurent
Rino
Semedo
Olise
Ejaria
Joao

Then perm 2 from:

Yiadom
Richards
McIntyre
Holmes

With subs being the remaining 2 from above plus:

Southwood
Esteves
Aluko
Puscas
Baldock
Meite (if fit, else an U23 player who will never get on the pitch)
Gibson (if fit, else an U23 player who will never get on the pitch)

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Feb 2021 17:08

windermereROYAL
Zip

Without even half of Joao's goals we'd be bottom half

335 posts