MATCHWATCH : Rotherham united (a)

335 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham united (a)

by Crowbar6753 » 25 Feb 2021 17:58

Hound Happy with Meite coming back on the bench to start with.

Desperately need him fit. He scores goals, and important ones at that. Its not really like any team has outplayed on this recent crap run, and we've still created chances and scoring opportunities. At least with him and Puscas back, we have 3 players proven to score goals at this level and no longer solely relying on Joao.

Hey Hound lets play all three lol.....

Cabral
Yiadom Morrision McIntyre Richards
Laurent Olise Rinhomota
Puscas Joao Meite

4-3-3 it is :D :D

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Feb 2021 20:05

Millsy
NewCorkSeth Let's try 5 CBs. Hope Gibson is fit. Then maybe 3 DMs in front of that and no point in bringing a bench. Won't need it.

And must keep Laurent and Rino apart.

And insist Joao takes any pens.

Better still not in the squad.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Feb 2021 11:49

windermereROYAL
Zip
Sutekh Expect another mashup of an XI at Rotherham. VP will persist with 4-2-3-1 and I reckon the changes will see Yiadom and Richards return in place of Holmes and McIntyre plus one of Ejaria, Semedo and Olise dropped.

Yes likely. Rafael’s position surely has to be considered too. He didn’t do anywhere near enough to block the ball going into the net last night. Can you recall a keeper that has made so many mistakes costing goals in a season that hasn’t been dropped? I can’t.

Without Joao`s penalty misses and Rafael`s cock ups we would probably be in an automatic spot.

And without them in the team we would be fighting relegation given the number of points the rest of their games have secured us.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Feb 2021 16:35

There aren't too many options open for Pauno (injuries and no January incomings) but he has to shake the side up rather than just accept losing.

It will be interesting to see if he goes with the negative approach to team selection as shown in the Wycombe game or if he goes for an attacking set-up designed to let them worry about us rather than thinking about how we deal with their team of (slow) giants.
I hope he goes with the emphasis on attack and that he doesn't piss about with the midfielders, in particular I hope he starts with Olise and Ejaria otherwise any semblance of a passing game goes out of the window.

Am a bit concerned about the game as we haven't done so well against the lesser sides as we should have but Rotherham just keep on losing so let's hope we help them with that record.

Torbay Royal

by Torbay Royal » 27 Feb 2021 00:04

The players have to be up for it and not go into this thinking "little old Rotherham" should be a walkover.

Millwall, Stoke & Wycombe all got stuck in and our "flair" players didn't fancy it and instantly lost interest. Do that tomorrow and we'll be facing another poor weekend.

At this moment in time, I think we'll fail to make the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Feb 2021 00:22

Aerial assault today. Going to be an uncomfortable game.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 27 Feb 2021 00:30

Just simulated two matches on FIFA both with Joao up front with Ejaria, Olise, and Esteves, then Rino and Laurent with a back four of Yiadom, Morrison, Moore and Richards,

First match with red card to Laurent for standard tackle in box with converted pen. Royals even it and dominate teh rest of the match but with plenty of aerial assaults' and lobs over the middle.

Second match with same selections, 5-1 Royals with Joao hat trick.

So I expect nothing less than a 3-1 win. 8)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Feb 2021 00:58

I think we will win, based purely on the fact this is the first game during work hours that I haven't taken time off for, and I don't think we've won for any game that I have done.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Feb 2021 10:40

South Coast Royal There aren't too many options open for Pauno (injuries and no January incomings) but he has to shake the side up rather than just accept losing.

It will be interesting to see if he goes with the negative approach to team selection as shown in the Wycombe game or if he goes for an attacking set-up designed to let them worry about us rather than thinking about how we deal with their team of (slow) giants.
I hope he goes with the emphasis on attack and that he doesn't piss about with the midfielders, in particular I hope he starts with Olise and Ejaria otherwise any semblance of a passing game goes out of the window.

Am a bit concerned about the game as we haven't done so well against the lesser sides as we should have but Rotherham just keep on losing so let's hope we help them with that record.

Agree, this easier run of fixtures couldn’t come at a better time. I think we’ll be too good for Rotherham.

Disagree that the approach against Wycombe was negative. It was largely the same team that put Bristol out of reach within 45mins just a week prior.

Just feel we need Joao, Olise and Ejaria to get back to basics, play the ball in to feet to one another and play closer to each other. Last couple of games they’ve looked like headless chickens. If they bring their A game, Reading tend to win.
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 Feb 2021 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Feb 2021 10:57

Lower West Aerial assault today. Going to be an uncomfortable game.

They can only do an aerial assault if they have the ball-keep it as much as we can (as long as we don't waste too much time passing it around at the back) and we should win-they are very limited.

JR

by JR » 27 Feb 2021 11:50

Lower West Aerial assault today. Going to be an uncomfortable game.

Happy to be corrected - but isn’t that the stereotype of Rotherham and the current team is more high press and energy?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Feb 2021 13:43

Those who are out who’s still out? :D

1hr 15minutes left for me to enjoy my Saturday before it’s inevitably ruined by the football.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Feb 2021 14:01

2 changes Yiadom and Richards back in

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Feb 2021 14:01

Today’s XI

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Feb 2021 14:04

Meite not even on the bench, thanks for getting my hopes up JLow

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Feb 2021 14:04

No Yaks :(

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 27 Feb 2021 14:05

Meite not back, shame. Also not sure dropping McIntyre is justified, and don’t think Yiadom has been great since coming back, although when fully fit he’s our best right back by miles. Let’s hope Rhino is played in his proper position.

JR

by JR » 27 Feb 2021 14:07

tidus_mi2 Meite not even on the bench, thanks for getting my hopes up JLow

Has JLow ever been a useful source for team news?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Feb 2021 14:09

So only changes are shuffling the full backs again? Gonna be a long game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2021 14:12

Not surprised Yaks is not back. The initial prognosis that he and Swift would only be out for about two weeks always seemed overly optimistic to me.
Disappointed that Pauno is sticking with the same formation. He must be bolder and act quicker if things go Pete Tong today. Otherwise we will be out of the play offs this evening if other results go against us.

335 posts