Reading Fans Living the Dream

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Reading Fans Living the Dream

by royalp-we » 06 Mar 2021 17:15

Another game goes by where both Tom Holmes and Tom McIntyre look solid and now fully integrated to this team. A team chasing playoffs/promotion, no less.

How good does does it feel to have not one, but two former STH’s line up regularly for us?!

Have we ever had this many true Reading supporters in the line up? In my years supporting I can’t recall many (any).

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading Fans Living the Dream

by CountryRoyal » 06 Mar 2021 17:24

We’ve had Reading’s biggest fan in all of eternity play for us in Alex Fernandez.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Mar 2021 17:47

Yeah after 3 years of utter shite we have a team that plays good football and winning game’s. Just our luck we don’t get to see them play. :evil:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2021 17:49

Yes, shame they weren’t up to it playing the likes of Millwall and Wycombe though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Mar 2021 17:50

royalp-we Another game goes by where both Tom Holmes and Tom McIntyre look solid and now fully integrated to this team. A team chasing playoffs/promotion, no less.

How good does does it feel to have not one, but two former STH’s line up regularly for us?!

Have we ever had this many true Reading supporters in the line up? In my years supporting I can’t recall many (any).

Just imagine a T Mac winner in the PO final.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Mar 2021 17:51

Sutekh Yes, shame they weren’t up to it playing the likes of Millwall and Wycombe though.

:|

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Mar 2021 17:52

Simon Cox and Jake Taylor were playing together for a spell under Adkins. Was Obita also in the side then?

Danny Loader and Jake Cooper were also big Reading fans. Seems like we have some “rule of two” thing going on- Taylor played with Cox, who played with Obita, who played with Cooper, who left before Loader broke through, and Loader and Obita left before McIntyre and Holmes really established themselves.

What about Liam Kelly? I should know, but I don’t think of him as a Reading fan the way I would think of Cooper or Stacey.

Going back a bit, you’d have the likes of Adie Williams and Neil Webb. Lawrie Sanchez maybe? Hayden Mullins came to us fairly late in his career.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Mar 2021 17:54

SCIAG Simon Cox and Jake Taylor were playing together for a spell under Adkins. Was Obita also in the side then?

Danny Loader and Jake Cooper were also big Reading fans. Seems like we have some “rule of two” thing going on- Taylor played with Cox, who played with Obita, who played with Cooper, who left before Loader broke through, and Loader and Obita left before McIntyre and Holmes really established themselves.

What about Liam Kelly? I should know, but I don’t think of him as a Reading fan the way I would think of Cooper or Stacey.

Going back a bit, you’d have the likes of Adie Williams and Neil Webb. Lawrie Sanchez maybe? Hayden Mullins came to us fairly late in his career.

Martin Allen, got to us too late too play though :lol:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 06 Mar 2021 18:02

Neil Webb ?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Mar 2021 10:57

royalp-we How good does does it feel to have not one, but two former STH’s line up regularly for us?!
Clearly they're determined whereas the rest of us are content to just listen to the radio/watch ifollow because we can't use our ST's

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Mar 2021 11:53

Sutekh Yes, shame they weren’t up to it playing the likes of Millwall and Wycombe though.

:|

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2021 12:02

SCIAG Simon Cox and Jake Taylor were playing together for a spell under Adkins. Was Obita also in the side then?

That’s just a load of random names of players who might be a bit local ! Obita is from Oxford, Cooper from Ascot, Kelly from Basingstoke and Williams from Bracknell and not sure there was much about them being actual fans. In fact IIRC Adie was a Watford fan.
Webb May have been a genuine fan given the family ties.
Loader never seemed to have much connection, never heard the sort of interviews that the Tom’s give where you can tell they are playing for ‘their’ club.
The Tom’s are proper, been coming to games before they were even linked to the club, fans and don’t think any of the names above were that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Mar 2021 19:25

James Henry went to school in woodley as was a die hard Reading fan.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Mar 2021 16:11

Nameless

That’s just a load of random names of players who might be a bit local ! Obita is from Oxford, Cooper from Ascot, Kelly from Basingstoke and Williams from Bracknell and not sure there was much about them being actual fans. In fact IIRC Adie was a Watford fan.
Webb May have been a genuine fan given the family ties.
Loader never seemed to have much connection, never heard the sort of interviews that the Tom’s give where you can tell they are playing for ‘their’ club.
The Tom’s are proper, been coming to games before they were even linked to the club, fans and don’t think any of the names above were that.

Hate to break it to you but some people from Oxford and Ascot and Basingstoke are allowed to support Reading! Can say for sure that most of those lads were Reading fans on one level or another even if they weren't regularly attending away matches. It's possible I'm wrong about Adie.

McIntyre has an infectious personality, a tonne of charisma and wears his fandom on his sleeve. Loader is a much more reserved young man, but I wouldn't mistake that for a lack of connection. Holmes is somewhere in between where he seems to be perpetually pleasantly surprised that he's a professional footballer, as if he'd found a two-pound coin lying on the ground.

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1