MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a)

296 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a)

by Zip » 13 Mar 2021 17:05

Pepe the Horseman
bcubed
windermereROYAL We had 59% 22 (7) attempts to their 15 (4) but our keeper had more to do and a draw a fair result, strange.

Steve Hodge thinks Forest should be grateful to get a point

They should be. We missed three or four easy chances.

We hit the post twice. Very frustrating. I thought we played pretty well and just didn’t bury the chances. All about getting enough points for top six now.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Mar 2021 17:06

How must Joao be feeling?

4 shit penalties and he's (rightly) dropped form penalties.

But Olise remains on FKs.

Seems legit.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 13 Mar 2021 17:07

windermereROYAL
Notts Royal Quite frankly, does it matter how we’re playing? Gap to 7th is growing so it’s unlikely we’re going to be caught. But playing Brentford over 2 legs as it stands would likely be a step too far for us

Shut up, there`s nobody we should be frightened of with a full strength squad.

That’s a VERY big If Windermere, and you know it

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 13 Mar 2021 17:15

Had a house viewing so left as they scored. Felt like 1-1 was a fair result, as much as it was a missed opportunity to put even more daylight between us and 7th.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Mar 2021 17:20

Considering without Swift we are shite at free kicks and are a zero threat at corners;our league position is all the more commendable.Which coach is responsible for set plays ?Whoever it is needs to up his game.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Mar 2021 17:27

Christ we have missed Meite. You just wonder how the season may have gone without the key injuries we have had. Just get Swift fit now and the playoff place should be secure. Then if we can go into them with a fit squad we have a chance.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 Mar 2021 17:43

Ascotexgunner Christ we have missed Meite. You just wonder how the season may have gone without the key injuries we have had. Just get Swift fit now and the playoff place should be secure. Then if we can go into them with a fit squad we have a chance.

It's been so long I completely forgot about Swift.

We do have a strong squad and depth when they're all fit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2021 17:50

Done incredibly well considering missing Swift, Meite, Puscas and Yiadom for huge chunks of the season

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Mar 2021 18:02

Ascotexgunner Christ we have missed Meite. You just wonder how the season may have gone without the key injuries we have had. Just get Swift fit now and the playoff place should be secure. Then if we can go into them with a fit squad we have a chance.

The original diagnosis for Swift was 8 weeks and he was injured during the Stoke game so that takes us to after the international break if he's on track. Not heard much mentioned in the press about his injury recently...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2021 18:10

Hound Done incredibly well considering missing Swift, Meite, Puscas and Yiadom for huge chunks of the season

What might have been. What would be good is to nail the play offs as early as possible and rest key players for the final couple of games of the League season. It worked for ‘Uddersfield.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2021 18:12

Zip
Hound Done incredibly well considering missing Swift, Meite, Puscas and Yiadom for huge chunks of the season

What might have been. What would be good is to nail the play offs as early as possible and rest key players for the final couple of games of the League season. It worked for ‘Uddersfield.

Yep exactly that

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2021 18:31

Hound
Zip

Yep exactly that

I know Huddersfield won the playoffs, but it's hardly a model to follow. They didn't score a goal in 3 games, played out possibly the worst match of football ever against us at Wembley and won 2 penalty shootouts. They weren't fresh or remotely close to the form they had displayed earlier in the season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2021 18:36

WestYorksRoyal
Hound
Zip

Yep exactly that

I know Huddersfield won the playoffs, but it's hardly a model to follow. They didn't score a goal in 3 games, played out possibly the worst match of football ever against us at Wembley and won 2 penalty shootouts. They weren't fresh or remotely close to the form they had displayed earlier in the season.

Yeah this.

Getting your best players out of match practice at crunch time seems daft.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Mar 2021 18:37

Value of having better options on the bench, and actually using them today - Meite offers a new dimension to the team and Aluko did OK too

With Ejaria and Rinomhota being added to that and Swift later on, fingers crossed, it’ll improve the options even further

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2021 18:38

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Hound
Yep exactly that

Yeah this.

No not this. It worked. They won the play offs.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2021 18:50

Zip
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I know Huddersfield won the playoffs, but it's hardly a model to follow. They didn't score a goal in 3 games, played out possibly the worst match of football ever against us at Wembley and won 2 penalty shootouts. They weren't fresh or remotely close to the form they had displayed earlier in the season.

Yeah this.

I remember in March time, Huddersfield had absolutely played Brighton off the park and looked like they could chase them down. Compare that to the playoffs, where they were absolutely there for the taking and both Wednesday and ourselves bottled it. Not all victories are equal, and I'd much rather see us go into the playoffs with momentum and playing near our best.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Mar 2021 19:13

Is that 4 matches in a row against us that Samba has cost them? Didn't they rate him as one of the best GKs in the league last season? :lol: :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2021 19:30

Zip
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I know Huddersfield won the playoffs, but it's hardly a model to follow. They didn't score a goal in 3 games, played out possibly the worst match of football ever against us at Wembley and won 2 penalty shootouts. They weren't fresh or remotely close to the form they had displayed earlier in the season.

Yeah this.

:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2021 22:26

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Yeah this.

I think its a case of they won in spite of that, and not because. Obviously it's impossible to measure, but they didn't look any better or sharper for resting those players and ultimately they didn't win - we lost. We missed the penalties.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Mar 2021 22:33

Huddersfield needed two penalty shootouts to win the play-offs and frankly, we threw away the final shootout when we were 3-1 up. It can't be deemed a success to have relied on 3 0-0 results and the lottery of a penalty shootout in both the semi-final and the final as it could have easily been different.

I still think we have an extremely slim shot of automatic promotion but we would have to experience a complete collapse of our regular form across the season to not make the play-offs now. I'm excited for injured players to come back but I have been before and then we just ended up getting more injuries.

296 posts