296 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a)

by Sutekh » 09 Mar 2021 17:06

When : Saturday 13th March 2020, 3pm
Where : City Ground, Nottingham, NG2 5FJ
Capacity : 30,445

It's another trip to the midlands to face the ever tricky trees next and they will present a difficult challenge to Reading in a fixture which doesn't usually yield very much for the hooped side of things.

Forest are certainly on the up after a terrible start to the season though are in a bit of a difficult patch at the moment having picked up just one point, from a visit to Derby, in their last three games and are entering a run of matches which seems them take on Norwich, Brentford and then Cardiff after this game.

After Chris Hughton's appointment late last year Forest slowly started turning their season around and went on a run of 7 wins and 4 draws from 14 league games helped, in part, by a couple of decent loan acquisitions in January (Filip Krovinovic from Benfica and James Garner from Man U) and the permanent deadline day signing of Glen Murray from Brighton.

Anthony Knockaert we all know is a big pain when playing against Reading. Lyle Taylor is another who needs to be watched and is Forest's leading goalscorer in the league though Forest's overall season to date means that 4 goals currently takes that honour.

Forest have major doubts over Lewis Grabban, Scott McKenna and Harry Arter. Reading hope to welcome Yakou Meite back to the bench while Lewis Gibson could also return.

Referee

Steve Martin returns for his first Reading game of the season

Previously

22 Jul 2020 > Reading 1-4 Swansea City
07 July 2020 > Reading 0-0 Huddersfield Town
05 Oct 2019 > Bristol City 1-0 Reading
13 Apr 2019 > Reading 2-1 Brentford
13 Feb 2019 > Reading 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
22 Dec 2018 > Reading 0-1 Middlesbrough
14 Apr 2018 > Reading 2-2 Sunderland
27 Feb 2018 > Nottm Forest 1-1 Reading
11 Dec 2017 > Reading 2-2 Cardiff City
23 Sep 2017 > Reading 1-1 Hull City
26 Aug 2017 > Birmingham City 0-2 Reading
24 Jan 2017 > Reading 1-0 Fulham
15 Oct 2016 > Queen's Park Rangers 1-1 Reading
15 Mar 2016 > Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 Reading
23 Jan 2016 > Reading 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday
19 Sep 2015 > Bristol City 0-2 Reading
25 Mar 2014 > Reading 1-3 Barnsley

Historically

22 seasons shared thus far with the tricky trees. 5 wins to show against Forest’s 12 and only 2 points from the last 6 visits so is going to be quite a challenge in this one despite Forest's current lowly league placing.

How to follow the game

1. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  2. Ring/text a mate for updates
  3. Use an iFollow subscription
  4. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)
[/quote]

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a)

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Mar 2021 17:39

They are already turning into Brighton old boys, Murray, Knockhart and Bong, none of whom are anywhere near the players they were a few years ago.

They will set up defensively, aware of our forward threat

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Mar 2021 17:55

Should win this IMO, but I find it hard to believe this side will win a 4th game in a row having only won 2 in a row once prior to this run, since the bizarrely tremendous start.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Mar 2021 21:30

Snowflake Royal Should win this IMO, but I find it hard to believe this side will win a 4th game in a row having only won 2 in a row once prior to this run, since the bizarrely tremendous start.

Easier to disconnect previous results. Last 3 games mean nothing now. Can we win this game in isolation? Yes, we can and I think we might. I don't think we'll concede, so just whether we can take a chance or two.

Cue 1-0 Forest win now.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Mar 2021 00:49

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Mar 2021 11:50

Tom Holmes will be tested by Glen Murray and will need to keep his wits about him.

I am a bit worried about this game and think Pauno, rightly or wrongly will play for a 0-0-they have one of the better defensive records in the division.
Mind you, depending upon other results, that might not be a bad outcome especially with Bournemouth playing Barnsley and Cardiff playing Watford.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2021 12:01

It will be a test, for obvious reasons: we are going to need to double up on Harry Arter and pray for the best. He can do absolutely anything on his day, and his days are pretty much every match. I am worried for sure but I think we can get something.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Mar 2021 12:03

John Smith It will be a test, for obvious reasons: we are going to need to double up on Harry Arter and pray for the best. He can do absolutely anything on his day, and his days are pretty much every match. I am worried for sure but I think we can get something.

So good he hasn't even made the squad in the last 12 games, played 90mins three times and hasn't had a goal or assist this season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Mar 2021 12:06

South Coast Royal Tom Holmes will be tested by Glen Murray and will need to keep his wits about him.

I am a bit worried about this game and think Pauno, rightly or wrongly will play for a 0-0-they have one of the better defensive records in the division.
Mind you, depending upon other results, that might not be a bad outcome especially with Bournemouth playing Barnsley and Cardiff playing Watford.

I hope he doesn't as while their defense is decent their strikeforce is the 5th worst in the division. I would hope we woud get on the front foot and try and nick a lead and go from there.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Mar 2021 12:12

South Coast Royal Tom Holmes will be tested by Glen Murray and will need to keep his wits about him.

Murray is a name we shouldn`t be too frightened of, granted he`s had a good scoring record over the years but he`s 37 now and he scored 2 including a penalty in his first game against the might of Wycombe wanderers. he hasn`t scored since and the team has only scored 3 in those 7 games.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Mar 2021 12:34

windermereROYAL

Murray is a name we shouldn`t be too frightened of, granted he`s had a good scoring record over the years but he`s 37 now and he scored 2 including a penalty in his first game against the might of Wycombe wanderers. he hasn`t scored since and the team has only scored 3 in those 7 games.

You have just guaranteed that he will score a brace against us. Thanks.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Mar 2021 13:46

John Smith It will be a test, for obvious reasons: we are going to need to double up on Harry Arter and pray for the best. He can do absolutely anything on his day, and his days are pretty much every match. I am worried for sure but I think we can get something.

Mr Arter is injured. He picked up a calf injury in Forest’s FA Cup win over Cardiff in January and, according to Chris Hughton 4 days ago, is still a week or two away from returning to action.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Mar 2021 13:58

Sutekh

Mr Arter is injured. He picked up a calf injury in Forest’s FA Cup win over Cardiff in January and, according to Chris Hughton 4 days ago, is still a week or two away from returning to action.

We have a golden ticket for three points here. This is the sort of advantage that can not and must not be wasted.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 10 Mar 2021 14:22

He also leaves his foot in.Michael can expect some treatment.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Mar 2021 14:24

John Smith
Sutekh

We have a golden ticket for three points here. This is the sort of advantage that can not and must not be wasted.

If we still need to double up on Arter then surely Morrison and Gibson can sit near him in the stands

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Mar 2021 16:36

Forest have only scored 28 League goals in 35 games which is dreadful but they have conceded less than us with 34 against. So just 62 goals for and against in 35 games and only seven goals scored or conceded in their last 7 games.

This is going to be a very tight affair where a single goal win either way seems likely. That first goal will be very important.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Mar 2021 16:52

Zip Forest have only scored 28 League goals in 35 games which is dreadful but they have conceded less than us with 34 against. So just 62 goals for and against in 35 games and only seven goals scored or conceded in their last 7 games.

This is going to be a very tight affair where a single goal win either way seems likely. That first goal will be very important.

A fair observation, in their last 7 games neither side has scored more than 1 goal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Mar 2021 17:29

Sutekh Referee

Previously

22 Jul 2020 > Reading 1-4 Swansea City

The irony.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Mar 2021 18:33

So is the plan for Joao to score early and then we all just sit back?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Mar 2021 19:52

NewCorkSeth So is the plan for Joao to score early and then we all just sit back?

Don’t include me in your sordid plans Sethmondo.

296 posts