Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Think I'd go

.....................Cabral
Yiadom, Morrison, Moore, Richards
Meite, Semedo, Laurent, Olise
.................Puscas, Joao

There's a few goals in that side.

It's certainly an option but Olise has been really effective in the current formation. I suppose its a question of whether our not we would be better off limiting him to allow others to shine?

Olise plays such a free roll I don't think it really matters where he is across the front line. And being on the left might encourage some more crossing.

Meite is good enough that he has to be part of the first team IMO. Is Meite right and Olise left better than Olise at the tip of the diamond and McIntyre at the base of midfield? You bloody bet it is IMO.

Meite is so important because he adds tempo, physicality and a different threat to the intricate stuff that is our current trade mark. He makes my starting XI any day he is fit.

Agree Meite is a very important part of the team due the fact he has a totally different array of skills compared to the others, however given the fact he is injury prone and only just come back would rather him slowly fazed back in through sub appearances especially as we should have enough to beat Birmingham with out the need to risk him from the start.
Would hate to see him start to soon and then be out for another 5/6 weeks.

For me its the same starting team as saturday and should we need to chase the games it becomes the below -

Rafael
Yiadom Holmes Moore Richards
Laurent Semedo
Meite Olise Ejaria (if fit)
Joao

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

by paultheroyal » 15 Mar 2021 14:21

Bowyer has left Charlton, what is the chances he will be sat in the dugout on Wednesday night?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2021 14:44

paultheroyal Bowyer has left Charlton, what is the chances he will be sat in the dugout on Wednesday night?

SSN are reporting he`s likely to join them, doubt he will be in the dugout at such short notice though, probably be in the stand.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Mar 2021 15:45

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth McIntyre is our best player in ever position.

We all dream of a team of Tom McIntyres?

He's half your age!

And he's no Ejaria.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2021 16:07

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal We all dream of a team of Tom McIntyres?

He's half your age!

Woah, not quite!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2021 18:25

JLow suggesting Morrison, Ejaria and Rinomhota could all be up for a decision on whether they might be involved on Wednesday.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Mar 2021 18:30

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Would go with the same team here again although if Meite is fit to start, perhaps slot him in for Puscas or even Semedo like he did against Forest

You’d expect Birmingham to go into the game with a real lack of confidence so would be good to have a strong start to the game

Think I'd go

Wot? No TMac? For shame on you master Royal. I would go with that side bar Semedo. TMac in for him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Mar 2021 18:31

Sutekh JLow suggesting Morrison, Ejaria and Rinomhota could all be up for a decision on whether they might be involved on Wednesday.

Serious decisions for Pauno to make if true with only Swift and Araruna missing.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Mar 2021 18:34

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman McIntyre is our best player, so you should really be dropping Semedo or Laurent.

If McIntyre is our best player, I should be dropping Moore, which I'd be happy to do, not Laurent or Semedo.

McIntyre is our best player in ever position.

Well quite Mr Mondo. Master Royal would drop him for a bag of crisps. Shame on master Royal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2021 20:48

Zip
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ Would go with the same team here again although if Meite is fit to start, perhaps slot him in for Puscas or even Semedo like he did against Forest

You’d expect Birmingham to go into the game with a real lack of confidence so would be good to have a strong start to the game

Think I'd go

Wot? No TMac? For shame on you master Royal. I would go with that side bar Semedo. TMac in for him.

As you know, I prefer midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence.

I'd start him over Moore all things equal, but the cap has the shirt and I don't like unnecessary fiddling at CB.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Mar 2021 20:52

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Think I'd go

As you know, I prefer midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence.

I'd start him over Moore all things equal, but the cap has the shirt and I don't like unnecessary fiddling at CB.

I think TMac is bright enough to play CDM. I’m not won over by Semedo. A bit erratic.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2021 21:01

McIntyre's been good. But I think we've been more hesitant and limited in bringing the ball out from defence into midfield with him there.

Semedo gets a bad rap from you lot. He's good. Just not Laurent / Rinomhota good. Though more versatile than Rino.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Mar 2021 23:20

Snowflake Royal McIntyre's been good. But I think we've been more hesitant and limited in bringing the ball out from defence into midfield with him there.

Semedo gets a bad rap from you lot. He's good. Just not Laurent / Rinomhota good. Though more versatile than Rino.

Not sure what to make of Semedo. Sometimes he can look skilful, then really ungainly. Often disappears.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Mar 2021 01:37

Zip
Snowflake Royal McIntyre's been good. But I think we've been more hesitant and limited in bringing the ball out from defence into midfield with him there.

Not sure what to make of Semedo. Sometimes he can look skilful, then really ungainly. Often disappears.

Better player off the ball than on the ball IMO

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Mar 2021 09:30

I wonder if Semedo might be more popular if we could see him in the flesh?

He’s got a touch of the early Kebe about him, looks like he’s always about to do something stupid but still pulls moments of brilliant out. He’s definitely no Ejaria but I dunno, reckon he deserves a cult following.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 16 Mar 2021 20:13

SCIAG I wonder if Semedo might be more popular if we could see him in the flesh?

He’s got a touch of the early Kebe about him, looks like he’s always about to do something stupid but still pulls moments of brilliant out. He’s definitely no Ejaria but I dunno, reckon he deserves a cult following.

If for nothing else than his ability to pass the ball into the goal from the halfway line or wherever it was.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Mar 2021 21:40

Sutekh JLow suggesting Morrison, Ejaria and Rinomhota could all be up for a decision on whether they might be involved on Wednesday.

Morrison with Sky tomorrow

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2021 08:18

Brum fans all optimistic about tonight and the season now that Bowyer is in. Need to stamp that out early tonight.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 08:29

It's Birmingham. They'll somehow pull survival out their arse despite being shit enough to go down for almost all of the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Mar 2021 09:07

Stranded Brum fans all optimistic about tonight and the season now that Bowyer is in. Need to stamp that out early tonight.

Karanka didnt sound like he was too popular there. Not sure Bowyer coming in at a days notice will change a great deal to be honest, but it might give them a bit of a mental boost

429 posts