MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

429 posts
Bristol Paul

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

by Bristol Paul » 17 Mar 2021 21:44

alfie9 Pr1cks. We ought to just forfeit and send everyone on vacation. Give McIntyre his contract everyone else I literally don't give a f4ck if they're here or not in August.

Chill before you have a heart attack.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2021 21:44

Zip Can’t see us making the play offs now. We have a hard run in and the goals have dried up. Joao and Moore need to be dropped.The referee was appalling but we are so gutless when we fall behind, We ain’t going up.

I back us to perform better in the big games. We've struggled against defensive, physical teams this season. Give us 2 weeks rest to prepare and go again after the international break and play better in the matches to come.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2021 21:44

I keep on saying we have no wingers. We try and thread the ball through the middle and it doesn’t work. No width and very slow and predictable. Oh how we miss Barrow.
Pauno needs to show some balls. Joao and Moore were dreadful.They need to be dropped.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Mar 2021 21:44

We were very poor and created nothing second half but the referee really did not help. I don’t often criticise referees but he gave us nothing and yet if one of our players went anywhere near theirs he blew for a foul. He was nearly as bad as the clown Langford at Sheffield Wed.

Sadly think that we will now miss the play offs.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Mar 2021 21:44

Anybody that says Pauno out after the best season we`ve had in 6 years need to give their heads a collective wobble.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2021 21:45

Simmops
WoodleyRoyal Pauno out if we don’t make the play offs

:|

Sadly, if we don't the board may share that sentiment.

Feels like we are going to have to go to Barnsley and win to make the playoffs.
Last edited by Stranded on 17 Mar 2021 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 17 Mar 2021 21:45

windermereROYAL Anybody that says Pauno out after the best season we`ve had in 6 years need to give their heads a collective wobble.

Yep. Win and we are the best team in the league, lose and Pauno out. No in between.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2021 21:46

Get our best team out there oxf*rd sake, they're all fit now, Rino in for Semedo, Ejaria in for Moore, put McIntyre in defence with Holmes, if you need to put Moore in whatever but that's what I'd do.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Mar 2021 21:46

windermereROYAL Anybody that says Pauno out after the best season we`ve had in 6 years need to give their heads a collective wobble.

Or was it Bowens influence the first 9 games :shock: and this is Pauno?

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Mar 2021 21:46

That was f*cking abject. Worst we've played all season. Plan b seems to be hoof the ball forward and let Brum defenders get under it while Joao meanders around aimlessly? Whatever the hell Pauno was trying to do with Moore was a complete failure. I can't think of many worse performances for him in Reading shirt.

It's so much more frustrating when we play like that because we've seen what this side can do on its day, but one of the worst teams in the division has just done the double over us. Playoffs now going to be very tricky/fortunate.

Hard to pick any bright spots and no-one over a 7. Particularly crap were Moore, Joao and Semedo, who is one of the most confusing footballers i've seen.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Mar 2021 21:47

WestYorksRoyal
Zip Can’t see us making the play offs now. We have a hard run in and the goals have dried up. Joao and Moore need to be dropped.The referee was appalling but we are so gutless when we fall behind, We ain’t going up.

I back us to perform better in the big games. We've struggled against defensive, physical teams this season. Give us 2 weeks rest to prepare and go again after the international break and play better in the matches to come.

I have been saying all season we can’t play the physical teams
We just don’t fancy the challenge

Hope you’re right about the matches to come
And let’s also hope for better pitches
And (forlornly) for better refs

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2021 21:47

windermereROYAL
WoodleyRoyal Pauno out if we don’t make the play offs

Piss off you fukking clown.

Sorry but Woodley is entitled to his own opinion. Pauno is an average manager, we have plenty of talent and quality to be up there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:47

Disappointing, but Birmingham had our attack stifled earlier in the season, so no surprise they could do it again.

Hopefully now Rino and Ejaria are back we can return to what worked well as McIntyre has done a good job filling in, but he's not a midfielder.

Moore had a poor game. Been decent otherwise so I don't intend to hit the panic switch. Joao is a bit of a worry. Not quite ready to motivational drop him but he's getting closer.

Too many loose passes and touches tonight. Another one of those games where it feels like they were over confident and believed the hype before actually putting the work in to get the result.

Meite really is better wide right, but Pederson had him in his pocket most of the first match so not sure that would have helped.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2021 21:47

Absolutely f**king awful performance against the racist thug's team.

Second to every ball. It's funny how you can tell early on in a game how we're going to do, whether we want it or not.

Defence SH*T

Attack - never looked like scoring

Midfield - hopeless

Brum deserved to win that easily

Least bad players- McIntyre, Meite for the goal only

Worst players - Olise: apart from his corner, kept losing the ball, just awful... Joao might as well have not shown up
Last edited by Millsy on 17 Mar 2021 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2021 21:47

Moore has been excellent recently until tonight.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:50

Definitely an overreaction. Yes we were poor tonight and didn’t do enough to warrant a result, but to say we won’t make the playoffs when we’re currently sat in there is laughable.

Pauno still yet to convince in terms of his subs & tactics for me, but I’m glad he’s at least experimented with the diamond. However, to play it with 2 defensive mids and a centre back, against a bottom side, is questionable.

Joao had another stinker...his off days are very bad. Maybe he needs a break with Puscas & Meite being paired.

Thought TMac was good & Holmes decent. That’s about it.

Also, Laurent clearly needs a break too

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:50

Jagermesiter1871

Or was it Bowens influence the first 9 games :shock: and this is Pauno?

Even if they was all Bowen's influence, Paunovic has done more than enough to get a second season. Any talk of him going is moronic madness and I assume Woodley is trolling because he doesn't normally seem that thick.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Mar 2021 21:50

+1000000000
We are actually competitive this season and their wetting the bed. Injuries have cost us dearly.....playoffs or not it's been a good season.....just very disappointing if we don't make the top 6 but hey, next season we will improve. Lots of these players are going nowhere......apart from Aluko and Baldock who I will personally be driving to their new clubs to make sure their gone.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 17 Mar 2021 21:50

Looking forward to the second of Liam Moore's seasonally "we know we have to do better, it's not good enough" interview after a loss to a relegation candidate.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Mar 2021 21:50

We don’t deserve the playoffs we have dropped points against some shite teams. Birmingham Wycombe Sheffield. And everyone else is much better than us. Still top ten is a big improvement.

429 posts