MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

429 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (a)

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2021 21:51

bcubed
WestYorksRoyal
Zip Can’t see us making the play offs now. We have a hard run in and the goals have dried up. Joao and Moore need to be dropped.The referee was appalling but we are so gutless when we fall behind, We ain’t going up.

I back us to perform better in the big games. We've struggled against defensive, physical teams this season. Give us 2 weeks rest to prepare and go again after the international break and play better in the matches to come.

I have been saying all season we can’t play the physical teams
We just don’t fancy the challenge

Hope you’re right about the matches to come
And let’s also hope for better pitches
And (forlornly) for better refs

This team is a work in progress and has weaknesses that were shown up tonight. Doesn’t suddenly make us a bad team. Of the big games, Cardiff are the biggest concern as they have a similar style.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:52

Jackson Corner We don’t deserve the playoffs we have dropped points against some shite teams. Birmingham Wycombe Sheffield. And everyone else is much better than us. Still top ten is a big improvement.

In that case, if we don't deserve them Bournemouth and Cardiff certainly oxf*rd don't.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2021 21:52

Stranded
Simmops
WoodleyRoyal Pauno out if we don’t make the play offs

:|

Sadly, if we don't the board may share that sentiment.

Feels like we are going to have to go to Barnsley and win to make the playoffs.

I wrote a similar thing about Pauno, deleted it, wrote it again then deleted it.

Of course it's ridiculous given he has put us in this position, but serious questions have to be asked of a manager who can preside over such a monumental f**kup in form from 7 points clear of 2nd place to missing out on the playoffs with one of the most talented and expensive bunch of players in the Champ.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Mar 2021 21:52

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
windermereROYAL Anybody that says Pauno out after the best season we`ve had in 6 years need to give their heads a collective wobble.

Or was it Bowens influence the first 9 games :shock: and this is Pauno?

Even if they was all Bowen's influence, Paunovic has done more than enough to get a second season. Any talk of him going is moronic madness and I assume Woodley is trolling because he doesn't normally seem that thick.

I saw enough of Bowens influence at the end of last season to know he should have been sacked the moment he left the pitch against Swansea.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2021 21:52

Rafael 5 Could have done better for both goals imo
Richards 5 Did nothing going forward. Positioning poor at times
Moore 4 Battered by their striker.Passing poor
Holmes 6 I thought he was pretty solid
Yiadom 7 MoTM got forward well and won his battles
McIntyre 5 Struggled to impose himself on the game
Laurent 5 Looks a shadow of the player from earlier in the season. Quiet
Olise 5 Another assist but didn’t offer much but had no support
Semedo 5 His distribution was awful at times
Joao 4 Offered nothing and terrible header in build up to their winner
Meite 6 Not great but took his goal well

Puscas 5 Anonymous
Ejaria 5 Ineffective
Rinomhota N/A.

A dismal defeat. Such a shame because this team have given us so much to enjoy this season but there have been far too many soft losses.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:53

Millsy
Stranded
Simmops :|

I wrote a similar thing about Pauno, deleted it, wrote it again then deleted it.

Of course it's ridiculous given he has put us in this position, but serious questions have to be asked of a manager who can preside over such a monumental f**kup in form from 7 points clear of 2nd place to missing out on the playoffs with one of the most talented and expensive bunch of players in the Champ.

Any chance we could actually miss out on the play offs before we get all upset about missing out on the play offs

Coppell missed out on them twice.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2021 21:54

Jackson Corner We don’t deserve the playoffs we have dropped points against some shite teams. Birmingham Wycombe Sheffield. And everyone else is much better than us. Still top ten is a big improvement.

If we are 6th or better come May 8th, we deserve the play-offs. Who you get the points against is immaterial.

It just means we picked up points against better sides, which would be a bonus in the play-offs.

Of course, if we miss out then those dropped points will be the easiest thing to point to.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Mar 2021 21:55

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
windermereROYAL Anybody that says Pauno out after the best season we`ve had in 6 years need to give their heads a collective wobble.

Or was it Bowens influence the first 9 games :shock: and this is Pauno?

Even if they was all Bowen's influence, Paunovic has done more than enough to get a second season. Any talk of him going is moronic madness and I assume Woodley is trolling because he doesn't normally seem that thick.

oyeh I agree, was just hypothesising. He should get at least until next year imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2021 21:55

Can I just remind you all we were just unbeaten in 4 with 10 points from the last 12?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Mar 2021 21:55

bcubed
WestYorksRoyal
Zip Can’t see us making the play offs now. We have a hard run in and the goals have dried up. Joao and Moore need to be dropped.The referee was appalling but we are so gutless when we fall behind, We ain’t going up.

I back us to perform better in the big games. We've struggled against defensive, physical teams this season. Give us 2 weeks rest to prepare and go again after the international break and play better in the matches to come.

I have been saying all season we can’t play the physical teams
We just don’t fancy the challenge

Have to agree with this. We aren't a hard team. We need a fully fit Rhino
and we need Morrison. Moore was terrible first half, almost "scared"

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2021 21:55

Millsy
Stranded
Simmops :|

Most talented and expensive bunch of players in the Championship? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joao, Puscas, Moore and Ejaria were the only players involved tonight we paid a fee for. Of the teams in the mix around us, Barnsley are the only one where I'd say our squad is definitively better.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2021 21:59

Ascotexgunner

+1000000000
We are actually competitive this season and their wetting the bed. Injuries have cost us dearly.....playoffs or not it's been a good season.....just very disappointing if we don't make the top 6 but hey, next season we will improve. Lots of these players are going nowhere......apart from Aluko and Baldock who I will personally be driving to their new clubs to make sure their gone.

Next season when Richards has gone to Bayern, Olise is sold to Leeds and Joao is sold to a premier league side with more money than sense. We'll be back to being down the bottom of the league again and Paunovic will be fired by Christmas.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Mar 2021 21:59

Just a reminder that all we need to do to make the play-offs is just be only marginally crapper than Bournemouth, Boro and Cardiff.

We still control our playoffs chances. I'll reserve any panic for when we don't. Before tonight, we took 10/12. This team can do so again.

Or they won't and we finish 7th.
Last edited by Stranded on 17 Mar 2021 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2021 21:59

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Stranded

Any chance we could actually miss out on the play offs before we get all upset about missing out on the play offs

From how many points clear of second place did Coppell then miss out on the playoffs?

Yes every chance we could miss out on the playoffs. After that performance especially. We were truly shite.

But yes of course let's not get upset about it just yet. Interesting Q though, what will people think of Pauno if we do?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 17 Mar 2021 22:00

WestYorksRoyal
Millsy
Stranded

Most talented and expensive bunch of players in the Championship? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joao, Puscas, Moore and Ejaria were the only players involved tonight we paid a fee for. Of the teams in the mix around us, Barnsley are the only one where I'd say our squad is definitively better.

And all four did sweet FA tonight

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2021 22:04

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

From how many points clear of second place did Coppell then miss out on the playoffs?

Yes every chance we could miss out on the playoffs. After that performance especially. We were truly shite.

But yes of course let's not get upset about it just yet. Interesting Q though, what will people think of Pauno if we do?

If we narrowly miss out then it’s still a good season and Pauno surely gets next season. What we can't have is a similar finish to last season where we lose most of our games.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Mar 2021 22:06

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

Why are you comparing 2004-5 to now? Completely different situation

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Mar 2021 22:07

WestYorksRoyal
Millsy

One of the most - learn to read before you find something funny. Makes you look f**king stupid.

You don't think our players are incredibly talented? You don't think they're worth shitloads? You do realise expense isn't just transfer fee?

If you believe we have a mediocre and cheap bunch of players not up there in the top 6 and Pauno is making them punch above their weight then fair enough but that's just ridiculous IMO.
Last edited by Millsy on 17 Mar 2021 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Mar 2021 22:07

Zip
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Any chance we could actually miss out on the play offs before we get all upset about missing out on the play offs

If we narrowly miss out then it’s still a good season and Pauno surely gets next season. What we can't have is a similar finish to last season where we lose most of our games.

If I remember 04/05 properly, we were 2nd at Christmas and went on to display relegation form for months. West Ham failed to capitalise and gave us the initiative, only for us to throw it away a second time in the final run in. So a pretty dire second half of the season didn't bode too badly for the following campaign.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Mar 2021 22:08

Maybe we were unlucky with their managerial change.

We probably had to set fire to plans etc.

The Birmingham team wanted it more and were clearly told to kick lumps.

With luck Joao might have had two penalties, plus Moore.

But we really did not fight. We were passive early, Moore did not command the box or lead his team. We started to play a lot more from 35-60 minutes, but it was just a faster version of our not-a-cutting-edge possession. It seems to me we hold ball etc, but have less of a specific plan to create chances (other than our set-pieces. We SO lack wing play. Yiadom did very, very well but he, Semedo and McIntyre were the only players who clearly looked like they cared. Holmes OK

5 Rafael At fault in part for the first goal. Second goal was a good header
6 Richards Not dire but a long way off his best game
4/5 Moore Outfought first half. A shadow of his best form. Probably a 5 second half
6 Holmes Decent throughout and is going to be a VG player
8 Yiadom Really put in a shift, played great IMO, edged MotM of Mac
7 McIntyre Thought he had a very solid game. Think he'd make a very good midfielder
6 Laurent Maybe a 5.5... Seems to be fading (or misses Rhino)
6 Olise He never really looked like a game-changer but his corner for the goal gets him 6
7 Semedo Thought he fought well, won lots of ball
4/5 Joao A shadow of his best, doesn't like it rough, but got no protection from the ref
6 Meite A 5, really, but then he got the equaliser

429 posts