MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

441 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

by Zip » 09 Apr 2021 23:40

Pepe the Horseman Liam Moore has deactivated his Twitter account because of the toxic Reading fans.

Hopefully the individual will be located. Its getting worse and nothing seems to be done about it.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Apr 2021 23:43

Swap in Sarr for any of our three strikers and we get a comfortable win

Anyone got a spare 40 Million?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Apr 2021 23:46

Very glad I`m off twitter for good now, never seen so much poison venom.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Apr 2021 23:56

Has anyone explained why 2-0 in a must win game with nothing to lose with Watford nullifying us 2nd half we took Puscas off and didn't go 2 up front until the 88th min?

Even my eggchasing wife knew we needed to do that and laughed at us.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Apr 2021 23:57

Millsy Has anyone explained why 2-0 in a must win game with nothing to lose with Watford nullifying us 2nd half we took Puscas off and didn't go 2 up front until the 88th min?

I'm sorry, what?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2021 00:09

tidus_mi2
Millsy Has anyone explained why 2-0 in a must win game with nothing to lose with Watford nullifying us 2nd half we took Puscas off and didn't go 2 up front until the 88th min?

I'm sorry, what?

Oh, you're querying must-win, ok.

Maybe I'm wrong, was that not pretty much must-win, or at least must not lose?

We'd be quite happy to see out a defeat?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2021 00:49

Millsy
tidus_mi2

I'm sorry, what?

When you looked at our run in and selected games we would likely get points from, this wouldn’t have featured in many rational people’s predictions.

We could have won.
We probably wouldn’t have
We didn’t.

It’s not that deep and if we don’t make the playoffs it won’t be because lost to the team with the best defensive record in the division.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2021 01:07

Think we performed quite well tonight but Watford had that extra bit of quality in the final third as opposed to us and ultimately, that was the main difference

Whilst Gibson will ultimately take most the blame, the first goal was a bit too simple all round, and there’s question marks over the involvement of Ejaria, Laurent and Moore for it. Again, the second goal was too simple from our perspective and even with Gibson losing the ball, you want to see Moore close down the man

Subs were too late again, and Joao had very little impact - very disappointing and it comes to something when Baldock did more in his first 30 seconds

8 - Holmes Olise
7 - Yiadom Ejaria
6 - Rafael Richards Rinomhota Puscas Baldock Aluko
5 - Moore Gibson Laurent Meite
4 - Joao

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2021 06:21

Zip
Stranded
Zip
Can’t agree Winst. The great start to the season is why we are where we are. More losses than wins since then isn’t good enough. We should all be disappointed if we finish below Barnsley when we had a 15 point advantage over them.

Yes and no. Barnsley have been on a monumental run, similar to ours in 11/12, they just started too late. Sometimes you just have to say fair play.

They have done very well but if they win their game in hand will be twenty points better than us since our great start to the season ended. Twenty points better. Come on Stranded. That’s not good enough from us. We have messed up so many times. Way too many opportunities not taken.

Fair enough but Zip, they have been at least 10 points better than everyone bar the current top 3 over that time.

They have picked up what 61 points over 30 games. Title form over 2/3 of a season.

Roughly when they changed a manager who quit as he wasn't happy. Yes we may have screwed up but equally the question could be, where would Barnsley be if they hadn't wasted their first 10 games.

I really wish we had spread out those first 7 wins out ovee the season a bit more as it would stop people cutting the season into two such distinct chunks.

In terms of points accumulation we have been pretty consistent across the first 3 quarters of the season. 1st 12, 22pts. 2nd 21, 3rd 18 but that doesn't seem to fit the story.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Apr 2021 06:26

Pepe the Horseman
Pepe the Horseman Liam Moore has deactivated his Twitter account because of the toxic Reading fans.

Just seen the post that led to this - Someone being a racist pcunt. Hopefully will get what's coming to them.

Link here so we can pile in on them

Let me guess.... Rfc the truth?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2021 06:27

CountryRoyal
Millsy
tidus_mi2 I'm sorry, what?

When you looked at our run in and selected games we would likely get points from, this wouldn’t have featured in many rational people’s predictions.

We could have won.
We didn’t.

It’s not that deep and if we don’t make the playoffs it won’t be because lost to the team with the best defensive record in the division.

Yep 0 was always likely. Playoffs always likely to come to the 4 games v Cardiff,Luton, Swansea and Huddersfield. We need 4 wins, which we can do. A draw in one may still do as long as it isn't against Swansea.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Apr 2021 06:37

Stranded
CountryRoyal
Millsy

We could have won.
We didn’t.

Yep 0 was always likely. Playoffs always likely to come to the 4 games v Cardiff,Luton, Swansea and Huddersfield. We need 4 wins, which we can do. A draw in one may still do as long as it isn't against Swansea.

Absolutely. In the “Run-In” thread this is exactly how I have it.

Obviously, it is really easy to blow it, but on current form, Swansea Re awful, Cardiff not great, Hudds poorish and Luton 17th

I “presumed” losses at Norwich and Watford but hoped for narrow defeats and not too much damage to GD

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2021 07:03

Snowball
Stranded
CountryRoyal

We could have won.
We didn’t.

Obviously, it is really easy to blow it, but on current form, Swansea Re awful, Cardiff not great, Hudds poorish and Luton 17th

I “presumed” losses at Norwich and Watford but hoped for narrow defeats and not too much damage to GD

Yep. However, by Friday table could be

Swansea 75
Brentford 73
Bournemouth 71
Barnsley 71
Reading 66

That could even make 78 not being enough.

Of course the above is unlikely as needs the 4 above to win all their games but it *could* and if so I think we may be done as mentally that is a massive gap regardless of fixtures yet to come.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 10 Apr 2021 07:39

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman

Just seen the post that led to this - Someone being a racist pcunt. Hopefully will get what's coming to them.

I'm going (Edge)Lord CKS.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2021 07:43

Honestly I think we’ve probably blown it now. Those awful defeats to the likes of Brum, Preston and Wycombe will be the defining moments

As for the game last night, I though first half was as good as we’ve been offensively all season bar the finishing. Fantastic exciting football going forward, Puscas pressed superbly, Olise and Ejaria caused all sorts of issues

Olise probably added 5m to his value last night - what a player he will turn out to be

Challenge now is to keep the rest of the team together and go one better next season. The talent is there undoubtedly, even without Richards and Olise

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Apr 2021 08:00

I had the game on but wasn't really watching after the first 20 minutes. Had an online board game get together with chums.

Once it got to 2-0 I thought we matched them quite well from what I did see though. Two catastrophic long shots, second one particularly from poor play did us.

Very unlucky not to get back into it with the Puscas effort and we had other chances... not certain goals, but where you might have hoped we'd do better.

Watford looked slick. And Sarr looked terrifying.

Don't know why SKY were saying it was must win. Any point was a bonus really, same as with Norwich... it's the others we need to win.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Apr 2021 08:11

Orion1871
Simmops
Pepe the Horseman Just seen the post that led to this - Someone being a racist pcunt. Hopefully will get what's coming to them.

@paunoreadingfc looks like he's deactivated his account unsurprisingly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2021 08:17

Hound Honestly I think we’ve probably blown it now. Those awful defeats to the likes of Brum, Preston and Wycombe will be the defining moments

As for the game last night, I though first half was as good as we’ve been offensively all season bar the finishing. Fantastic exciting football going forward, Puscas pressed superbly, Olise and Ejaria caused all sorts of issues

Olise probably added 5m to his value last night - what a player he will turn out to be

Challenge now is to keep the rest of the team together and go one better next season. The talent is there undoubtedly, even without Richards and Olise

It really depends on how things pan out this week whilst we don't play.

Today is Boro's last chance, and Barnsley haven't won at home in 3, so a draw or defeat there for them is possible.

Swansea are playing badly and results now following so a defeat at Millwall, who again are in last chance saloon is possible too.

You expect a Bournemouth win v Cov.

Then midweek Swans and Bournemouth have those games in hand. If none of those 3 lose this week then sadly I think the gap will be too much. Though Bournemouth hit a run of Norwich, Millwall, Brentford next week.

If and a big if Swansea lose both this week, it goes back into our hands.

Realistically our perfect table come Friday is:

Brentford 71
Bournemouth 69
Barnsley 69
Swansea 69
Reading 66

4 pts to Bournemouth, Barnsley draw, Swansea 2 defeats.

Worst case, I posted below.

Heaven would be

BRrenrford 70
Swansea 69
Barnsley 68
Reading 66
Bournemouth 65

But that ain't happening.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Apr 2021 08:22

Snowball
Stranded
CountryRoyal

We could have won.
We didn’t.

The only thing I'm taking solace in right now is your predicted run in results. You tend to well on the predictions (admittedly it's your own format!) and you still have us sneaking in to the play offs

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 10 Apr 2021 08:35

Pepe the Horseman
Orion1871
Simmops

@paunoreadingfc looks like he's deactivated his account unsurprisingly.

Ah, the one that was the dreadfully unfunny Alan Partridge talks account.

If you're reading this (Edge)Lord CKS I'm sorry for accusing you. You're still a hateful angry little oxf*rd though.

441 posts