MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

441 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Watford (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2021 20:12

Westwood52
bcubed
Westwood52 It is something of a surprise to me how rarely retrospective red cards are not applied by the F A (?).I am referring of course to Pedro s forearm smash on Tom Holmes late on during Friday nights game.Now you cannot expect the authorities to forensically review every minute of every game.However Friday night was a high profile game televised on “national “ television,and the offence represented a very bad example to younger viewers.
Now the rules are framed to ensure that games are not re reffed.So if the ref saw the offence and decided not to act,then the ruling authority are not prepared to act .One wonders if the powers that be,would ask the ref whether he saw the incident clearly and he decided not to act.
Do refs look at games afterwards to identify where they got it wrong ? I know Mark Clattenberg use to;but some refs clearly would not because it could destroy their confidence to perform in future.I assume equally that there is no mechanism ,for Reading to raise the issue.Maybe some clubs would in any case take the view that what goes around comes around.

Don't know what the rules are but it's clearly bad for the game if this sort of thuggery is seen widely and goes unpunished.

He should definitely be getting a retrospective red card for this. And imo even if the ref saw it at the time it should still be a red. If he saw this he couldn't have seen it clearly and there's really no doubt from the replay

Yes it’s double standards from the FA.They say they are worried about concussion;but Pedro could have done some serious damage to Tom.

S'what VAR was introduced for really.

441 posts