Support for Liam.

King Cnut

Support for Liam.

by King Cnut » 10 Apr 2021 19:10

Can I ditch my Twitter account? Is it easy?
In support of Liam Moore.

Enough is enough.

Too many keyboard warriors . Too many keyboard wa.k.rs.

Anyone else feel the same?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Support for Liam.

by Brogue » 10 Apr 2021 19:26

Good post

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Apr 2021 19:39

Didn't see what was tweeted but I understand he was racially abused. Words fail me really, it's utterly disgusting. I do hope the club can identify who it was and ban them for life.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2021 19:49

Sent him a supportive tweet last night. High time Twitter took this stuff far more seriously. He would have been hacked off after the defeat without needing to see that kind of filth on his feed.
Last edited by Zip on 10 Apr 2021 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 10 Apr 2021 20:09

One of the best things I have done during lockdown was ditching my twitter account. I mainly used it for RFC related news but enjoying my football a lot more now since getting rid of it.

Unfortunately it has become a vile platform for people to be horrible and get away with it. Would love for every football club to ditch this platform.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Apr 2021 20:57

King Cnut Can I ditch my Twitter account? Is it easy?

Enough is enough.

pleased to see this sort of post, fair play.

There are inadequate wakners around, but most people are decent.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 10 Apr 2021 21:07

King Cnut Can I ditch my Twitter account? Is it easy?

Enough is enough.

What was said,?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Apr 2021 21:08

I was pretty shocked when I saw that on twitter last night. I mean you know that sort of thing exists and happens but to see it there so starkly and deliberately designed to offend in such a vile manner was very disturbing. I’ve no idea really what would motivate someone to do that but all I would say to Liam is that you are held in very high regard and affection for all you have done by all decent fans.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 10 Apr 2021 21:09

From Despair To Where? Didn't see what was tweeted but I understand he was racially abused. Words fail me really, it's utterly disgusting. I do hope the club can identify who it was and ban them for life.

I take it you have never traveled then?.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Apr 2021 21:12

Norfolk Royal I was pretty shocked when I saw that on twitter last night. I mean you know that sort of thing exists and happens but to see it there so starkly and deliberately designed to offend in such a vile manner was very disturbing. I’ve no idea really what would motivate someone to do that but all I would say to Liam is that you are held in very high regard and affection for all you have done by all decent fans.

what we need is a 100% black England team, that would really piss the inadequates off.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 10 Apr 2021 21:19

LUX
Norfolk Royal I was pretty shocked when I saw that on twitter last night. I mean you know that sort of thing exists and happens but to see it there so starkly and deliberately designed to offend in such a vile manner was very disturbing. I’ve no idea really what would motivate someone to do that but all I would say to Liam is that you are held in very high regard and affection for all you have done by all decent fans.

what we need is a 100% black England team, that would really piss the inadequates off.

So what was said?.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Apr 2021 21:47

karbota
LUX

So what was said?.

An anonymous account with Pauno as the profile made a poll saying "Do you want an N-word as captain of Reading FC?" with the answers of No, Hell No and N-Word is just a name.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 10 Apr 2021 21:47

Somebody created a twitter account, and apparently created a poll: if you were our manager would you have Moore as captain. The n-word was used to describe Liam and in some of the options available.

I liked the clubs <insert name here> response that came through on my Facebook feed. I thought it was quite a neat to express frustration that this is far too common.

You can't shift the blame away from the person responsible, but if Twitter really is letting through tweats with such words in it, it is behaving shamelessly. If hobnob could do its Oxford thing twenty years ago, then there must be technology available to do better than they are currently managing.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 10 Apr 2021 21:54

Social media is the worst thing that’s come with technology. Far too easy to discriminate against someone and young people are particularly likely to be seriously affected by the consequences of it. This incident just shows what happens on a daily basis to thousands of people. I’m absolutely disgusted at how these social media bosses seem more bothered about copyright than discrimination, things that violate copyright permissions are normally taken down in minutes.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 10 Apr 2021 21:59

LUX

We're close. We're close with some of the age groups especially, and with Reading sometimes. It's not really something to comment upon or care about, so I feel ashamed in a middle-class way when I notice. Maybe I shouldn't and just see it as a good thing.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 10 Apr 2021 22:13

Has it really taken this long for a thread to be made about this :?:

Had assumed it was some Russian bot account but when you look at the page it was clearly someone local. Some lad on twitter, forget his hobnob name but I'm sure he's on here, reckons he knows who it is and has shopped him to the bill.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Apr 2021 22:34

dizzynewheights Has it really taken this long for a thread to be made about this :?:

Had assumed it was some Russian bot account but when you look at the page it was clearly someone local. Some lad on twitter, forget his hobnob name but I'm sure he's on here, reckons he knows who it is and has shopped him to the bill.

Fantastic if true.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2021 23:03

tidus_mi2
dizzynewheights Has it really taken this long for a thread to be made about this :?:

Fantastic if true.

I hope it’s no-one on here. Would be great if the pcunt could be identified and punished by the law.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2021 23:09

Jack Celliers
LUX

We're close. We're close with some of the age groups especially, and with Reading sometimes. It's not really something to comment upon or care about, so I feel ashamed in a middle-class way when I notice. Maybe I shouldn't and just see it as a good thing.

Yeah I notice it. We often have eight black lads in the starting line up. Something to be proud of. I get what you are saying though in that it shouldn’t matter and it’s awkward bringing up but whites still form the significant majority in the U.K. so where you have a team that is mostly black players it’s a much higher ratio per head of the population.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Apr 2021 23:36

I`ve been banned permanently from twitter for using a not so flattering swear word, I appealed and it was rejected, thinking about it I don`t want to be a part of that platform where racism is tolerated but you can get banned for swearing, terrible company.