MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

336 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

by Simmops » 16 Apr 2021 21:32

leon
Pepe the Horseman
Zip I think it was LUX who said three of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Barnsley are going to be very disappointed next month. I take a tad of comfort in that.

I want Bournemouth to go up now just to make this season a complete waste of time for everyone.

I want Barnsley to go up. Because

a) the other 3 will be massively disappointed

B) Barnsley will get an absolute fcuking seeing to in the premier league. They’re a dreadful side.

The only good outcome for this season that I can see.

Im hoping in my lifetime we see a team worse then Derby in the pl

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2021 21:33

Pepe the Horseman
Zip I think it was LUX who said three of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Barnsley are going to be very disappointed next month. I take a tad of comfort in that.

I want Bournemouth to go up now just to make this season a complete waste of time for everyone.

Not a huge stretch of the imagination to see all three relegated teams go back up and sheff weds points deduction being the only thing stopping the three promoted clubs going back down

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2021 21:37

Hound
Pepe the Horseman

Not a huge stretch of the imagination to see all three relegated teams go back up and sheff weds points deduction being the only thing stopping the three promoted clubs going back down

Yup. And two of the three that went up to the Prem last season also coming straight back down.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2021 21:53

Almost as if the strange set up of this season may skew further the benefits of having PL squads in the Champ whilst penalising promoted clubs who had less time to prepare for the higher level.

Have a funny feeling Derby are going to drop though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Apr 2021 22:02

Hound Gibson is a decent player. Just not a LB. and we’re fine with the CBs we have

Still Richards hardly covered himself in glory tonight either

Richards was one of our most influential players in the early stages and key to a lot of our success.

He’s been completely off the boil since the Bayern stuff. Understandable? A bit. But he can fcuk off and I won’t miss him at all.

Mopsus

by Mopsus » 16 Apr 2021 22:24

At the moment the caption on the BBC report of the match is 'Cardiff earned their first away league win over Reading since November 2011 when they won 2-1 under Malky Mackay.' Clearly the Beeb's writer didn't stay (virtually) till the end of the game.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Apr 2021 22:29

leon
Orion1871
leon
This.

The resident experts were insulting and dismissing anyone who expressed the opinion that we were drifting out of the playoffs some time back.

I’d like those fcuking experts (well one in particular) to come on here and explain how we were wrong.

Good luck with that one.

I’m very persistent.

Ian is a oxf*rd wally

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Apr 2021 22:33

Hopefully we can cash in on Joao. Even though he has been appalling for the last 2 months his stock is still quite high as a result of his fantastic early season goals and I suspect some team will be mug enough to pay £12m for him.

Cash in on Olise for £18m, Moore for £5m and use some of that to rebuild, and some to prop up the finances.

Then work work work on the weaknesses.

Key areas for improvement for me are Cabral’s distribution which is non league standard, Ejaria needs to deliver earlier. I like him a lot, he creates all sorts of problems with his trickery, but is generally too slow with the ball in giving defenders all the time in the world to set themselves.

Make a decision about Puscas. I don’t think Paunovic rates him (as evidenced by the (of late) utterly inept Joao starting tonight) so he should probably cash in on him as well, but if we keep him, play to his strengths whatever they are.

Get some wingers and use them.

We are so nearly a very good team.

On tonight’s game, have to give credit to Cardiff’s defence. They threw themselves in front of everything and blocked numerous goal bound shots, albeit most of them from some distance.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Apr 2021 22:38

Excellent point tonight.

Cardiff were eighth and with the second-best away record after Norwich

Reading dominated the second half and conceded a slightly unlucky penalty in the 86th minute but still managed to snatch a draw and take four points in the season from a tough opponent.

Yes we wanted and needed more, so we’re disappointed but a very defensive team had to fight hard to keep us out and failed.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 16 Apr 2021 22:41

Royal Rother Hopefully we can cash in on Joao. Even though he has been appalling for the last 2 months his stock is still quite high as a result of his fantastic early season goals and I suspect some team will be mug enough to pay £12m for him.

Cash in on Olise for £18m, Moore for £5m and use some of that to rebuild, and some to prop up the finances.

Then work work work on the weaknesses.

Key areas for improvement for me are Cabral’s distribution which is non league standard, Ejaria needs to deliver earlier. I like him a lot, he creates all sorts of problems with his trickery, but is generally too slow with the ball in giving defenders all the time in the world to set themselves.

Make a decision about Puscas. I don’t think Paunovic rates him (as evidenced by the (of late) utterly inept Joao starting tonight) so he should probably cash in on him as well, but if we keep him, play to his strengths whatever they are.

Get some wingers and use them.

We are so nearly a very good team.

On tonight’s game, have to give credit to Cardiff’s defence. They threw themselves in front of everything and blocked numerous goal bound shots, albeit most of them from some distance.

Armchair fan RR again. You prolly didn’t even go to the match tonight.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Apr 2021 22:45

ATM with just four games to go we are seven points clear of eighth.

Truth is this season SEVEN clubs stand out as noticeably better than the rest.

It’s cruel to be this much clear of eighth and not top six (though it’s not yet over)

As someone has pointed out one club (Barnsley) have had a freakish, amazing run that nobody could have predicted.

They deserve their place, no argument, but it’s still whacky and almost unreal

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 16 Apr 2021 23:01

Orion1871
Westwood52 Haven’t seen it again,but was Meite s header going wide;with Gabbidon s MOM deflecting it in ?

What was she doing out there?

She was modelling an Alice band.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2021 23:20

Snowball Excellent point tonight.

Cardiff were eighth and with the second-best away record after Norwich

Reading dominated the second half and conceded a slightly unlucky penalty in the 86th minute but still managed to snatch a draw and take four points in the season from a tough opponent.

Yes we wanted and needed more, so we’re disappointed but a very defensive team had to fight hard to keep us out and failed.

Is this a joke?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Apr 2021 23:33

Snowball As someone has pointed out one club (Barnsley) have had a freakish, amazing run that nobody could have predicted.

Don't recall us playing them off the pitch. Collectively a more consistent squad in terms of performance week in week out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Apr 2021 23:35

Snowball ATM with just four games to go we are seven points clear of eighth.

It’s cruel to be this much clear of eighth and not top six (though it’s not yet over)

As someone has pointed out one club (Barnsley) have had a freakish, amazing run that nobody could have predicted.

If we outclassed then how come they created the better chances in the game? We created very little.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Apr 2021 23:40

Zip
Snowball ATM with just four games to go we are seven points clear of eighth.

If we outclassed then how come they created the better chances in the game? We created very little.

Snowballs post shows Ian Royal levels of delusion. Where is the little chap btw? Still feeding cats/avoiding reality?

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 16 Apr 2021 23:59

Oh well wasn’t to be. Slow start in the first hard but thought we played okay in the second half. Just the final ball lacking when we got into some good positions. Credit to Cardiff they defended well and got there blocks in.

With Richards off in the summer it would be good to get a replacement who can whip in a quality ball every now and then, the way we play the full backs get a lot of space to cross but the quality into the box is often poor.

As for next season we just need to build on the good work we have done and hopefully get back to full capacity at the Mad Stad. It’s not football without the fans in there.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 17 Apr 2021 00:29

Always makes me chuckle when fans remove the first 8 games. Imagine being a Bristol City fan

Anyway, let’s just appreciate we have a very good & promising platform to build on. It’s not over yet; and with a few decent signings in the channels and releasing a few - we’ll be fighting in the top half again next season. Which is a massive step forward. What’s not to like about that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Apr 2021 00:55

Fairly disappointing performance, lack of real intensity, lack of chances created and a fairly defeatist attitude all around

Still, we have a strong core to the squad in key positions with Holmes blossoming again (plus McIntyre with positive signs). Laurent and Rinomhota have complemented each other well all season too. Would like new dimensions added to the front four as it’s all been rather predictable up top in recent weeks. Baldock and Aluko’s cameo showing the merit of playing a wide game and getting crosses into the box (and neither of those are actual wingers). Would help if Swift could stay off the injury table too

On the subject of subs, usual problem of them being too late. Someone else alluded to it earlier on in the thread but not sure why our fringe players have been overlooked so much in recent weeks, especially with the front players struggling as they have (I.e Joao with 1 goal in his last 10/11 starts and Ejaria with 1 goal contribution in his last 20 or so games)

Rafael 7

Yiadom 6
Holmes 8
Moore 7
Richards 6

Laurent 6
Rinomhota 5

Meite 5
Olise 4
Ejaria 6

Joao 4

Puscas 4
Swift 5
Aluko 6
Baldock 7
Tetek N/A

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Apr 2021 00:55

royalp-we Always makes me chuckle when fans remove the first 8 games. Imagine being a Bristol City fan

Anyway, let’s just appreciate we have a very good & promising platform to build on. It’s not over yet; and with a few decent signings in the channels and releasing a few - we’ll be fighting in the top half again next season. Which is a massive step forward. What’s not to like about that.

“Always makes me chuckle when fans remove the first 8 games”

“Always”

This happens a lot then, does it?

You fcuking tit.

336 posts