Pauno out

3542 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 15:01

windermereROYAL
Brogue
Sanguine It's pretty embarassing that in a season where we finish 7th/8th, this 'Pauno out' thread has reached 13 pages. What a load of dribbling nonsense.

disagree, irrespective of what sort of season we've had. 1 win in 11? There wouldn't be a club in the country that wouldn't have a proportion of fans calling for the manager's head.

I seems that the fans who want him to stay are being swayed by his first 8 games, which was quite clearly a honeymoon period and the new manager bounce phenomenon that happens in football

We would be 10th without those first 8 games. still a big improvement.

Again disagree, first half of the season yes, more fluidity in our play. The second half of the season? no. Still stupid passing it out from the back causing unnecessary pressure. Mindless, aimless, passing it around with no idea, no forward passing. Moore is just as calamitous as in the previous couple of seasons. Flair players look like rabbits in headlights- Ejaria 1 goal in his last 24 games. We are harder to beat that’s the one thing that’s improved, but that is down to Laurent in midfield. He has given us a bit more steel in the centre of the park. Other than that we are no better than the last couple of seasons. If anything, we’ve gone backwards.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 May 2021 15:22

Brogue
windermereROYAL
Brogue
disagree, irrespective of what sort of season we've had. 1 win in 11? There wouldn't be a club in the country that wouldn't have a proportion of fans calling for the manager's head.

I seems that the fans who want him to stay are being swayed by his first 8 games, which was quite clearly a honeymoon period and the new manager bounce phenomenon that happens in football

We would be 10th without those first 8 games. still a big improvement.

Again disagree, first half of the season yes, more fluidity in our play. The second half of the season? no. Still stupid passing it out from the back causing unnecessary pressure. Mindless, aimless, passing it around with no idea, no forward passing. Moore is just as calamitous as in the previous couple of seasons. Flair players look like rabbits in headlights- Ejaria 1 goal in his last 24 games. We are harder to beat that’s the one thing that’s improved, but that is down to Laurent in midfield. He has given us a bit more steel in the centre of the park. Other than that we are no better than the last couple of seasons.

Maybe it just takes more than one season to fix problems like these? Maybe a new manager could come in and givesus a confidence boast for a while, but then we quickly revert back to our 'fundamental' playing style. In which case the only way of fixing them long-term is to give a manager the necessary time.

I don't know if Pauno has what it takes; i've said before that that's the risk you take when you hire someone with practically no relevant experience or track-record. But I do believe that unless he's given another full season we'll never know. A season is probably enough to know if a manager is clearly NOT working out, but no fair person can say that about Pauno.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 May 2021 15:46

karbota
leon
karbota
There you go again. This just won't do.

I tell you what.

You stop posting educationally sub normal right wing, racist gibberish and I’ll stop calling you a massive cnut.

Deal?

Yet another relapse, what medication are you on?. I am not a racist, I don't hate people from a different race or colour, life experience has embedded in me a preference to be with people of my own kind.

Well, that's a twist.

"I can't be racist, none of my friends are black"

Are you OK with "white supremacist" then?

Remember guys, karbota isn't racist, he just thinks other races and cultures are inferior.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 May 2021 16:00

Brogue

That's because fans are for the most part short-termist dickheads.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2021 17:27

From Despair To Where?
karbota
leon
I tell you what.

You stop posting educationally sub normal right wing, racist gibberish and I’ll stop calling you a massive cnut.

Deal?

Yet another relapse, what medication are you on?. I am not a racist, I don't hate people from a different race or colour, life experience has embedded in me a preference to be with people of my own kind.

Well, that's a twist.

Remember guys, karbota isn't racist, he just thinks other races and cultures are inferior.

Being Welsh-Irish, I’m not a racist but I KNOW other races and cultures are inferior.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 May 2021 17:34

Snowball
From Despair To Where?
karbota

Well, that's a twist.

Being Welsh-Irish, I’m not a racist but I KNOW other races and cultures are inferior.

:shock:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 17:35

Sanguine
Brogue

you really are a nice person arent you? as per leons comment earlier on this thread directed at Ian just because you have a different opinion to someone that doesn't call for you abusing people :roll: .

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 17:37

leon Nips in to thread to see Sanguine still insulting people who disagree with him, like the mature adult he is.

Nips out again.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 May 2021 17:54

Brogue
Sanguine
Brogue

you really are a nice person arent you? as per leons comment earlier on this thread directed at Ian just because you have a different opinion to someone that doesn't call for you abusing people :roll: .

Tbf, I think Sanguine was lumping in a good portion of fans, worldwide, not just a few Reading fans.

I would agree with him as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 May 2021 18:45

Brogue
Sanguine
Brogue

Show us a respectable opinion and we'll treat it with respect.

That old hypocrite was happy enough to dish it out to Karbuncle and me.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 19:24

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Sanguine

of course it's a respectable opinion :roll: just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not respectable. This is your problem ian people are allowed to have controversial opinions people are allowed to have a different opinion to you, oxf*rd, imagine how tedious this place would be if everyone thought like you. we have won once in our last 11 games let that sink in. if we don't pick up a win against huddlesfiled we will have gone more than a QUATER of the season with just the one win, let that sink in . 1 win since March 6th let that sink in. You may not think that's a sackable run.... plenty of people will.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 May 2021 19:29

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

of course it's a respectable opinion :roll: just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not respectable. This is your problem ian people are allowed to have controversial opinions people are allowed to have a different opinion to you, oxf*rd, imagine how tedious this place would be if everyone thought like you. we have won once in our last 11 games let that sink in. if we don't pick up a win against huddlesfiled we will have gone more than a QUATER of the season with just the one win, let that sink in . 1 win since March 6th let that sink in. You may not think that's a sackable run.... plenty of people will.

It’s 1 win in 10 isn’t it? This season is done. Pauno deserves the chance at the start of next season. What I don’t agree with is that he should be given the full season. No chance. Let’s see how we do in the first few months and then reassess.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2021 19:30

If a manager won the first 35 games, then lost 10 and drew one (106 points)

would he be sackable?

Surely a manager should be judged on the team's 46-game total and position?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 19:33

Snowball If a manager won the first 35 games, then lost 10 and drew one (106 points)

would he be sackable?

:| But we haven’t won our first 35 games. And if that were true then no manger would ever be sacked mid season. To reverse that say we won our first 10 but lost our next 36 we wouldn’t sack the manger because we would wait for the 46th game to judge him despite being bottom of the league?
Last edited by Brogue on 04 May 2021 19:39, edited 2 times in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 May 2021 19:35

Zip
Brogue
Snowflake Royal Show us a respectable opinion and we'll treat it with respect.

It’s 1 win in 10 isn’t it? This season is done. Pauno deserves the chance at the start of next season. What I don’t agree with is that he should be given the full season. No chance. Let’s see how we do in the first few months and then reassess.

Yeah and that’s fine zip, you can converse with people without trying to belittle them. Football is about opinions. My opinion is he should be sacked. I appreciate that’s not for everyone. But I’m not going to start calling people pcunts for disagreeing with me.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2021 20:46

Brogue
Snowball If a manager won the first 35 games, then lost 10 and drew one (106 points)

would he be sackable?

:| But we haven’t won our first 35 games. And if that were true then no manger would ever be sacked mid season. To reverse that say we won our first 10 but lost our next 36 we wouldn’t sack the manger because we would wait for the 46th game to judge him despite being bottom of the league?

We are SEVENTH after 45 games and worst-case scenario is 8th. If we win Saturday we will be on 72 points and 7th, about the fifth/sixth best finish in our history.

8th Premier league
Relegated Premier League
Champions
Champions
2nd but not promoted
Losing PO Finalists
7th

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 May 2021 20:52

Snowball
Brogue

would he be sackable?

We are SEVENTH after 45 games and worst-case scenario is 8th. If we win Saturday we will be on 72 points and 7th, about the fifth/sixth best finish in our history.

8th Premier league
Relegated Premier League
Champions
Champions
2nd but not promoted
Losing PO Finalists
7th

Losing play off finalists in the Championship x 3.
Losing play off semi finalists in the Championship x2
Just missing out on the play offs in the final seconds of the League season x 1
Relegated from PL second time around

It’s certainly not our 5th or 6th best finish on our history. It’s not quite top ten.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 May 2021 21:09

Zip
Snowball
Brogue

8th Premier league
Relegated Premier League
Champions
Champions
2nd but not promoted
Losing PO Finalists
7th

It’s certainly not our 5th or 6th best finish on our history. It’s not quite top ten.

Is getting relegated from the PL really a 'better finish' than 7th in the Championship?

I'm absolutely certain that I could manage Reading to relegation from the PL in one season. I'm not sure I could manage us to the 7th place finish in Championship.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 May 2021 21:18

Elm Park Kid
Zip
Snowball

8th Premier league
Relegated Premier League
Champions
Champions
2nd but not promoted
Losing PO Finalists
7th

Is getting relegated from the PL really a 'better finish' than 7th in the Championship?

I'm absolutely certain that I could manage Reading to relegation from the PL in one season. I'm not sure I could manage us to the 7th place finish in Championship.

Yes it’s still in the top 20 ergo a better finish than 7th in the Championship.Besides even if you take out to the two PL relegations we still have..

8th in the PL
Champions x2
Championship PO finals x3
Championship PO semi finals x2
Just finishing outside PO’s in final seconds of the season

So this is our 10th best finish if you don’t include the PL relegation seasons.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2021 22:19

Elm Park Kid
Zip
Snowball

8th Premier league
Relegated Premier League
Champions
Champions
2nd but not promoted
Losing PO Finalists
7th

Agree on the Prem relegation which is why I said 5th/6th. As for the rest, most before my time, but I’ll take (say) 10th-best in 140 years

3542 posts