Pauno out

3542 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by CountryRoyal » 25 Nov 2021 20:16

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Well...that’s some advert for both Reading and the game

Yep - shambles. Why no matter how much I criticise him, you won't find me saying he should be sacked.

Do you think we will be relegated with him in charge?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 20:21

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Well...that’s some advert for both Reading and the game

Yep - shambles. Why no matter how much I criticise him, you won't find me saying he should be sacked.

Do you think we will be relegated with him in charge?

He'd be sacked long before that. Just because I won't ask for it doesn’t mean it won't happen, and quite possibly in the next few weeks.

I think we're in considerable danger of relegation whether he's in charge or someone else is. We could be fine, but I'd say relegation is substantially more likely than top 7.

Our biggest advantage is Derby have been hammered and there are some really shit teams to fill out the slots.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Nov 2021 20:48

So let’s say hypothetically the owners will only sack him if you tell them too.

Do you risk us getting relegated with him in charge? Or roll the dice with someone else and at least hope a new manager bounce can see us pick up enough points to stay in the league.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Nov 2021 21:10

I think he should go now. I cannot see his style of playing being successful in the Championship. It’s too intricate, too narrow, too predictable. On the occasions that it does work it’s a joy to watch but that’s not often enough.
I suspect if he stays we will just about stay up but that will be more to do with two teams being very poor and Derby being hammered with their points deductions.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Nov 2021 22:01

CountryRoyal So let’s say hypothetically the owners will only sack him if you tell them too.

Do you risk us getting relegated with him in charge? Or roll the dice with someone else and at least hope a new manager bounce can see us pick up enough points to stay in the league.

I'm fully on board with Ian having to sign off any big decisions from the owners.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Nov 2021 22:08

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal So let’s say hypothetically the owners will only sack him if you tell them too.

I'm fully on board with Ian having to sign off any big decisions from the owners.

RIP Ejaria.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 22:38

I risk it. I'm not that fussed by relegation. Might get rid of Dai, live within our means, win a few more games. Don’t see us falling into L2. The last 10 years have been depressing shit for the most part. Can't get much worse in L1.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Nov 2021 23:33

Snowflake Royal

I risk it. I'm not that fussed by relegation. Might get rid of Dai, live within our means, win a few more games. Don’t see us falling into L2. The last 10 years have been depressing shit for the most part. Can't get much worse in L1.

Jesus.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Nov 2021 23:46

Snowflake Royal

Massively disagree. I think it would be disastrous to go down. If Dai goes you cannot assume somebody would want to buy us. We could end up in administration with every possibility of going down again.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Nov 2021 00:10

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Massively disagree. I think it would be disastrous to go down. If Dai goes you cannot assume somebody would want to buy us. We could end up in administration with every possibility of going down again.

I’m definitely more in this camp. I’m objective enough that I don’t necessarily think it 100% would be a disaster, but the fact that it could be, not withstanding my opinion that it’s probable, surely is enough to not be so laissez-faire about it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 00:39

I've said I don't care about relegation and Zip pointed out that the issue is we may lose the owners and be in serious trouble.

Fair point.

For me the best chance of success is not rocking the boat at this stage anyway. And I think Pauno will comfortably avoid relegation anyway.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Nov 2021 00:47

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Unlikely to go into administration. The business plan imposed is onerous. Entirely focussed on cost reduction. Reading will be an attractive proposition compared to many other clubs. There'll be little to no baggage to deal with. Be a blank canvas.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Nov 2021 08:00

Lower West
Zip
Snowflake Royal I risk it. I'm not that fussed by relegation. Might get rid of Dai, live within our means, win a few more games. Don’t see us falling into L2. The last 10 years have been depressing shit for the most part. Can't get much worse in L1.

Unlikely to go into administration. The business plan imposed is onerous. Entirely focussed on cost reduction. Reading will be an attractive proposition compared to many other clubs. There'll be little to no baggage to deal with. Be a blank canvas.

How on earth do you figure that ?
Even with the EFL agreed business plante club will LOSE money.
Where is the cash for that going to come from ?

There is a very real possibility of administration if they walk away.
If we assume that it’s before the end of this season, then we’re definitely doomed to L1.
If it’s next ……….

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 08:45

Zip I think he should go now. I cannot see his style of playing being successful in the Championship. It’s too intricate, too narrow, too predictable. On the occasions that it does work it’s a joy to watch but that’s not often enough.
I suspect if he stays we will just about stay up but that will be more to do with two teams being very poor and Derby being hammered with their points deductions.

Yeah its a pretty fair summary. I'd love for it to all click regularly but losing faith that will happen

tbf on the second point, thats pretty much normally the case. The 4th bottom team on stays up because the 3 below are very poor. I think we'll end up reasonably comfortable if in a pretty uninspiring position - 17th or something

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Nov 2021 09:15

Franchise FC
Lower West
Zip

How on earth do you figure that ?
Even with the EFL agreed business plante club will LOSE money.
Where is the cash for that going to come from ?

There is a very real possibility of administration if they walk away.
If we assume that it’s before the end of this season, then we’re definitely doomed to L1.
If it’s next ……….

Ffp rules in league 1?

‘Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages ‘

What is our wage to turnover % at the moment?

What will our turnover be in league 1?

We would be a shoe in for a points deduction in league 1 wouldn’t we?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Nov 2021 09:49

At some point it will become a simple equation - are the board going to give VP a new contract - and does the managers salary account for the salary cap we have to follow in the budget.

If the answer is no to both (or we have enough wiggle room to cover new salaries) then almost regardless of how we are doing, it would make sense to remove him and give the new man a few months to view what we have, who we could keep and plan who we will be able to get.

It is getting harder to be VP in for any footballing reason, the only hope is that as players come back and stay consistantly fit i.e. not playing 2 games like Azeez and being out again, that some form of coherence comes together. I don't think it is any coincidence that the best run of form came when the XI pretty much picked itself and the players developed more of an understanding of the in game tactics and each other - if we can get a "better" consistent XI then we will move comfortably away from any danger - if we constantly have to chop and change then we really could be in the shit.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 10:00

Stranded
It is getting harder to be VP in for any footballing reason, the only hope is that as players come back and stay consistantly fit i.e. not playing 2 games like Azeez and being out again, that some form of coherence comes together. I don't think it is any coincidence that the best run of form came when the XI pretty much picked itself and the players developed more of an understanding of the in game tactics and each other - if we can get a "better" consistent XI then we will move comfortably away from any danger - if we constantly have to chop and change then we really could be in the shit.

Not knocking you just trying to understand. Can’t be Pauno In for any footballing reason,… but basically injuries have got in his way and without them we’d have promotion form?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 10:49

Millsy but basically injuries have got in his way and without them we’d have promotion form?

err what? Where did you come up with that one?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 10:55

Hound
Millsy but basically injuries have got in his way and without them we’d have promotion form?

The “best run of form” was basically a run of wins wasn’t it?

So with no injuries and a more consistent squad able to implement Pauno’s plan, the suggestion is that we can be in promotions form.

But yeah, Pauno out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 11:00

Millsy
Hound

The “best run of form” was basically a run of wins wasn’t it?

So with no injuries and a more consistent squad able to implement Pauno’s plan, the suggestion is that we can be in promotions form.

But yeah, Pauno out.

We had a consistent squad on the losing runs as well. Thats quite a leap to say because we won 5 out of 6 we would be on promotion form if everyone was fit

3542 posts