Pauno out

3542 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2022 22:12

Brogue
Elm Park Kid
Brogue Still can’t believe the absolute pellets I got when I started this thread during our pathetic capitulation at the end of last season. You bastartds owe me an apology.

Here was my original post

‘No plan b
Questionable starting lineups/ formations
Poor subs

1 win in 8

Time to go get a proven championship manager in’

Tell me, nearly a year later what has changed from my original post.

You bunch of vvankers

He's had a year in which to demonstrate his lack of ability. You don't get rid of a manager until you've given them a chance.

It was obvious at the time of posting this thread he wasn’t the right man for the job. We should have got rid in the summer.

Should never have been appointed in the first place, still do not know the reason Bowen was given the chop.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 22:13

Sutekh
Brogue
Elm Park Kid
He's had a year in which to demonstrate his lack of ability. You don't get rid of a manager until you've given them a chance.

It was obvious at the time of posting this thread he wasn’t the right man for the job. We should have got rid in the summer.

Should never have been appointed in the first place, still do not know the reason Bowen was given the chop.

Showed signs of competence

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Jan 2022 22:26

Sutekh
Brogue
Elm Park Kid

Kia, he is killing the club.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jan 2022 23:23

You can't lose 10 out of 15 games and keep your job. Surely.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 23:26

genome You can't lose 10 out of 15 games and keep your job. Surely.

Wait, there were 5 games we didn’t lose? :shock:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Jan 2022 23:27

A quote from the twat tonight. I mean no shit Sherlock. Man he’s just embarrassing now

VP: ‘ I think we have to change our approach, much more tactical, play more in the opposition half.’

:lol:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Jan 2022 23:33

Snowflake Royal We've got a lot worse and didn't have an excellent start to the season propping us up.

I'll happily say it again. You saw it before most of us. You got 8t right that he's a charlatan. Still think you simply cannot sack a manager at the time you wanted and be a decently run club.

Which we're not anyway, but hey ho.

So “yes Brogue you were right in calling this early but actually I’m more right.”

Classic Ian.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 23:41

Brogue A quote from the twat tonight. I mean no shit Sherlock. Man he’s just embarrassing now

VP: ‘ I think we have to change our approach, much more tactical, play more in the opposition half.’

:lol:

The bloke must have brain damage.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2022 23:59

leon
Snowflake Royal We've got a lot worse and didn't have an excellent start to the season propping us up.

I'll happily say it again. You saw it before most of us. You got 8t right that he's a charlatan. Still think you simply cannot sack a manager at the time you wanted and be a decently run club.

So “yes Brogue you were right in calling this early but actually I’m more right.”

Classic Ian.

Just never going to accept it's right to sack someone based on such a short period of poor performance next to previously good performance.

Deal with it.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Jan 2022 00:15

Pauno isn't popular with supporters, can't get the best out of the squad, is tactically flawed, very soft on the players. He's one of the worst managers we've ever had. We only finished 7th last year as we had a few premier league quality players and in my view we should have been top 6.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 20 Jan 2022 00:21

Yet more excuses tonight. And still no sign of his departure. We are down if the club sticks by him. He's lost the fans, the atmosphere is becoming increasingly toxic, and the players clearly aren't playing for him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jan 2022 00:35

PATRIQT Yet more excuses tonight. And still no sign of his departure. We are down if the club sticks by him. He's lost the fans, the atmosphere is becoming increasingly toxic, and the players clearly aren't playing for him.

He is a disaster. The style of play is dismal and tedious. He fluked the start of last season. He hasn’t got a oxf*rd clue.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jan 2022 00:57

Brogue
1 win in 8

Tell me, nearly a year later what has changed from my original post.

We have 1 win in 9?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jan 2022 01:08

Snowflake Royal
leon

Classic Ian.

Just never going to accept it's right to sack someone based on such a short period of poor performance next to previously good performance.

Deal with it.

“Such a short period of poor performance” - we picked up 23 points from the last 20 games last season. With that being nearly 50% of the entire season, I’m not sure you can equate that as “such a short period” but each to their own

I also don’t recall many good performances even during the winning run. We were extremely clinical but that isn’t a sustainable base to build foundations on if you’re relying on pretty much scoring every shot. We had a few decent performances under Paunovic last season, the likes of Blackburn, Bristol and Bournemouth but not many

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jan 2022 01:19

Zip
PATRIQT Yet more excuses tonight. And still no sign of his departure. We are down if the club sticks by him. He's lost the fans, the atmosphere is becoming increasingly toxic, and the players clearly aren't playing for him.

He is a disaster. The style of play is dismal and tedious. He fluked the start of last season. He hasn’t got a oxf*rd clue.

Last season, we had game changers like Olise, Joao and Meite, who could create things from nothing and take the game by the scruff of the neck. So even when we were playing poorly, you knew we always had a chance. They tired (lost interest?) towards the end of last season and we had no clue what to do

The ending to last season has become a recurring theme for this season. We have so many lightweight, average midfielders who offer so little in the current system. They may offer more in another system but we’ll never know with him in charge. Within this, I’m talking about Puscas, Ejaria, Dele-Bashiru, Drinkwater, Swift the last couple of months, even Halilovic at times. I really dislike how narrow we play

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jan 2022 07:22

I wish I had confidence in STAR having a pair of bollocks and laying into the club in their meeting on Friday.

Delboy

by Delboy » 20 Jan 2022 07:28

We are sleep walking into relegation unless something changes immediately. A manager with no clue , replacing a striker with a striker when 2-0 down, 11 men defending a Luton corner in the 90 th minute. So slow passing out of the back . We need someone to ignite the players and fans it is NOT Pauno .
How many out of contract players would we want to keep , do they not realise they will end up in division 1 or worse division 2 who will want them ?
Come on Mr Dai have the balls to make a change

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jan 2022 07:37

Should've gone after Kiddy. Three games later and we've lost all three. If he's not gone by Saturday we're fcuked.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jan 2022 07:40

I wonder if there are any Pauno in’s still??
Jaeger?
Sciag ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Jan 2022 08:06

URZZZZ
Zip

Last season, we had game changers like Olise, Joao and Meite, who could create things from nothing and take the game by the scruff of the neck. So even when we were playing poorly, you knew we always had a chance. They tired (lost interest?) towards the end of last season and we had no clue what to do

The ending to last season has become a recurring theme for this season. We have so many lightweight, average midfielders who offer so little in the current system. They may offer more in another system but we’ll never know with him in charge. Within this, I’m talking about Puscas, Ejaria, Dele-Bashiru, Drinkwater, Swift the last couple of months, even Halilovic at times. I really dislike how narrow we play

Yep. It’s idiotic. There was a phase of play in the second period involving three players in Luton’s half. They were clustered together over by the East stand making really short passes to each other. They were putting themselves under pressure with every pass and inevitably the move broke down.
When the ball finally went wide in an attacking position we had no one capable of beating their man on the outside. There is no pace in this side.

Jnr also made a good point last night in that we are so slow to move from one side of the pitch to the other both with the ball and without it. So many times this season our opponents get the ball out wide in an attacking position within a few passes. It takes our lot an age to do likewise.
The lack of movement is shocking. You would see more movement on a Saga day trip.

Pauno won’t change. He is too stubborn, inflexible and arrogant.
Last edited by Zip on 20 Jan 2022 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

3542 posts