3542 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 11:06

Hound
Millsy
Hound
err what? Where did you come up with that one?

The “best run of form” was basically a run of wins wasn’t it?

So with no injuries and a more consistent squad able to implement Pauno’s plan, the suggestion is that we can be in promotions form.

But yeah, Pauno out.

We had a consistent squad on the losing runs as well. Thats quite a leap to say because we won 5 out of 6 we would be on promotion form if everyone was fit

I hear you, certainly last season. Just responding to what Stranded was saying.

I’d suggest remove the injury shite from Pauno’s reign and we’d have a very different story. When have we had anything even vaguely consistent this season?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Nov 2021 11:41

Cobblers. We picked up most of the injuries early season. We’ve had a pretty consistent team since the week Rafael broke his hand and Halilovic got ruled out - that was almost 10 weeks ago. In that time we’ve had lots of players return too.

We’ve actually had a very consistent team, which is why Pauno is starting to use the burnout excuse. Though he refused to use the youngsters when he had the chance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 11:52

Millsy
Stranded
It is getting harder to be VP in for any footballing reason, the only hope is that as players come back and stay consistantly fit i.e. not playing 2 games like Azeez and being out again, that some form of coherence comes together. I don't think it is any coincidence that the best run of form came when the XI pretty much picked itself and the players developed more of an understanding of the in game tactics and each other - if we can get a "better" consistent XI then we will move comfortably away from any danger - if we constantly have to chop and change then we really could be in the shit.

Not knocking you just trying to understand. Can’t be Pauno In for any footballing reason,… but basically injuries have got in his way and without them we’d have promotion form?

He's doing a bad job and we would absolutely not be on promotion form without injuries.

We started the season badly with relatively few and our one good spell came with plenty.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 11:59

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal So let’s say hypothetically the owners will only sack him if you tell them too.

Do you risk us getting relegated with him in charge? Or roll the dice with someone else and at least hope a new manager bounce can see us pick up enough points to stay in the league.

I risk it. I'm not that fussed by relegation. Might get rid of Dai, live within our means, win a few more games. Don’t see us falling into L2. The last 10 years have been depressing shit for the most part. Can't get much worse in L1.

Jesus.

It's an opinion. You asked for it, you're not obliged to share it.

If we did get relegated and I was wrong and it was awful. I could always find a new hobby that wasn't often disappointing for the best part of 10 years.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Nov 2021 12:01

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Stranded
It is getting harder to be VP in for any footballing reason, the only hope is that as players come back and stay consistantly fit i.e. not playing 2 games like Azeez and being out again, that some form of coherence comes together. I don't think it is any coincidence that the best run of form came when the XI pretty much picked itself and the players developed more of an understanding of the in game tactics and each other - if we can get a "better" consistent XI then we will move comfortably away from any danger - if we constantly have to chop and change then we really could be in the shit.

Not knocking you just trying to understand. Can’t be Pauno In for any footballing reason,… but basically injuries have got in his way and without them we’d have promotion form?

He's doing a bad job and we would absolutely not be on promotion form without injuries.

We started the season badly with relatively few and our one good spell came with plenty.

In the first game against Stoke we named a bench of only 5 players, Meite was already confirmed out for most of the season, no senior left back and then Joao picked up his injury the next game against Preston.

We've had an injury crisis since the start of the season and it takes some serious wilful ignorance to see it as anything different.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Nov 2021 12:02

Millsy
Stranded

I'm not massively Pauno in or Pauno Out but I am saying based on a massively skewed subset of results this season, the only time we had what could be said to be a settled team was when we went on a run of positive results (until they were knackered) - if we settle into a prolonged period of having a fit squad and a settled starting XI then we may see a more consistent run of results. No definitive but just an observation as at the moment, we are generally a bit shit - the reason for that could well be a manager and bringing in "Seasoned Championship Manager X" will suddenly see us move convincingly up the table but it could also be down to an issue in simply not being able to field a consistent XI.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 12:03

Snowflake Royal
We started the season badly with relatively few positions adequately filled.

Corrected for you.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 12:04

Stranded
Millsy
Stranded

I'm not massively Pauno in or Pauno Out but I am saying based on a massively skewed subset of results this season, the only time we had what could be said to be a settled team was when we went on a run of positive results (until they were knackered) - if we settle into a prolonged period of having a fit squad and a settled starting XI then we may see a more consistent run of results. No definitive but just an observation as at the moment, we are generally a bit shit - the reason for that could well be a manager and bringing in "Seasoned Championship Manager X" will suddenly see us move convincingly up the table but it could also be down to an issue in simply not being able to field a consistent XI.

Couldn’t agree more.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 12:05

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

In the first game against Stoke we named a bench of only 5 players, Meite was already confirmed out for most of the season, no senior left back and then Joao picked up his injury the next game against Preston.

We've had an injury crisis since the start of the season and it takes some serious wilful ignorance to see it as anything different.

We had injuries, but we also had new signings coming / waiting to step in. Hal, Dann, Rahman, Drinkwater etc.

Doesn’t change the fact our form has very clearly not been dependent on injuries. We had loads when we were getting results. So it's wilfully ignorant to claim if we didn't have injuries we'd be on promotion form.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 12:11

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal He's doing a bad job and we would absolutely not be on promotion form without injuries.

We had injuries, but we also had new signings coming / waiting to step in. Hal, Dann, Rahman, Drinkwater etc.

Doesn’t change the fact our form has very clearly not been dependent on injuries. We had loads when we were getting results. So it's wilfully ignorant to claim if we didn't have injuries we'd be on promotion form.

We started with serious issues of gaping personnel holes and injuries. - did badly.

He filled some of those holes through eventual signings - excellent form.

Injuries snowballed to ridiculous levels - form dropped again.

How anyone can’t see that is beyond me.

I was firmly Pauno Out but I can’t ignore the above, have to be fair to the lad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 12:14

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 In the first game against Stoke we named a bench of only 5 players, Meite was already confirmed out for most of the season, no senior left back and then Joao picked up his injury the next game against Preston.

We started with serious issues of gaping personnel holes and injuries. - did badly.

I was firmly Pauno Out but I can’t ignore the above, have to be fair to the lad.

You were Pauno out because it was controversial to be so, you're now Pauno in for the same reason. And you know it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 12:22

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal We had injuries, but we also had new signings coming / waiting to step in. Hal, Dann, Rahman, Drinkwater etc.

You were Pauno out because it was controversial to be so, you're now Pauno in for the same reason. And you know it.

Hugely unfair thing to say. Like I wouldn’t say you’re a sheep because you were Pauno In because it was the popular opinion and now you’re Pauno Out because of the same reason.

I’m actually probably on the fence but I won’t stand for bullshit comments and people reinventing history just because they’re upset about things generally. Fair logical arguments are fine. Kneejerking and bed wetting does my head in.

You’re generally someone who argues against manager changes and I commend that. You feel differently. That’s fine.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 12:24

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

Hugely unfair thing to say. Like I wouldn’t say you’re a sheep because you were Pauno In because it was the popular opinion and now you’re Pauno Out because of the same reason.

I’m actually probably on the fence but I won’t stand for bullshit comments and people reinventing history just because they’re upset about things generally. Fair logical arguments are fine. Kneejerking and bed wetting does my head in.

You’re generally someone who argues against manager changes and I commend that. You feel differently. That’s fine.

I'm not Pauno Out. I'm Pauno leave at the end of his contract and thank you for your mixed efforts, because he’s doing badly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Nov 2021 12:32

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal He's doing a bad job and we would absolutely not be on promotion form without injuries.

Of the new signings mentioned there.

Halilovic and Rahman signed the day before the defeat to Huddersfield . Dann & Drinkwater 2 days after.

Of the other signings - Hoilett signed after the Bristol City defeat - Dele-Bashiru only after the Stoke game.

So of the 6 signings - only 2 were fully available by the Huddersfield debacle (with Halilovic on the bench) the rest came in after the break which, in the main due to injuries, saw us a field a relatively stable XI and us pick up results. With more options, and if they stay fit and find a balanced side we may see an improvement in form. We are still a few games away from seeing if that holds true as the returnees to date won't be fully up to speed on able to complete a 90.

If we don't see an uptick and with his contract up in June, then I would be expecting a picture of the corner flag to appear on the RFC Twitter feed fairly quickly.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Nov 2021 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Snowflake Royal You were Pauno out because it was controversial to be so, you're now Pauno in for the same reason. And you know it.

I'm not Pauno Out. I'm Pauno leave at the end of his contract and thank you for your mixed efforts, because he’s doing badly.

Yeah see I’d call that Pauno In. Doesn’t matter though.

It’s all just such a messy shit show. I was dead against him after the flop last season but went with the HNA consensus that he deserves a chance for finishing 7th, absolutely certain that he’d balls up by Xmas and it’d be job done. I moaned at the start of the season that the FFP and injury situation has just muddied the waters and I feared it’d be an extra struggle for people to see the light and sack him, suggesting it’s similar to Brexit and the annoyingly convenient Covid ‘mitigation’.

Since then though I’ve been impressed by his signings and what he’s achieved during truly awful circumstances enough to hold back. Who knows, it’s all such a mess. Like you I think he shouldn’t be sacked.

End of season, who knows, so long away let’s see what happens.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Nov 2021 15:12

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal I risk it. I'm not that fussed by relegation. Might get rid of Dai, live within our means, win a few more games. Don’t see us falling into L2. The last 10 years have been depressing shit for the most part. Can't get much worse in L1.

Jesus.

It's an opinion. You asked for it, you're not obliged to share it.

If we did get relegated and I was wrong and it was awful. I could always find a new hobby that wasn't often disappointing for the best part of 10 years.

Fair.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Nov 2021 13:33

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 In the first game against Stoke we named a bench of only 5 players, Meite was already confirmed out for most of the season, no senior left back and then Joao picked up his injury the next game against Preston.

Of the new signings mentioned there.

Halilovic and Rahman signed the day before the defeat to Huddersfield . Dann & Drinkwater 2 days after.

Of the other signings - Hoilett signed after the Bristol City defeat - Dele-Bashiru only after the Stoke game.

So of the 6 signings - only 2 were fully available by the Huddersfield debacle (with Halilovic on the bench) the rest came in after the break which, in the main due to injuries, saw us a field a relatively stable XI and us pick up results. With more options, and if they stay fit and find a balanced side we may see an improvement in form. We are still a few games away from seeing if that holds true as the returnees to date won't be fully up to speed on able to complete a 90.

If we don't see an uptick and with his contract up in June, then I would be expecting a picture of the corner flag to appear on the RFC Twitter feed fairly quickly.

That’s a reasoned summary but at the back end of last season with modest injury levels we were in relegation form.

I think this season is a continuation of our poor form because teams have worked out how to play us. High press and man mark Swift. Job done.
It’s gone beyond results and is now also about the style of play. Laboured, timid and passive. We are playing a brand of football that isn’t going to succeed in the Championship imo. Very happy if Pauno proves otherwise especially as he will now have a bench full of options at his disposal.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 27 Nov 2021 16:10

If we lose, is Pauno gone?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 27 Nov 2021 16:57

Pauno IN!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Nov 2021 10:09

Even if the one against QPR backfired we`ve come from behind to lead 3 times since season, under previous managers we`ve gone whole seasons without it happening, love him or hate him Pauno has put a bit of steel in their backbones.

3542 posts