Pauno out

3542 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 11:09

Royal_jimmy Pauno deserves sacking for keeping Bristow on the pitch.

Spot on. Made Bodin look good.

Everyone could see this apart from Pauno. Yet he chose him and persisted with him.

bracknell_royal15

by bracknell_royal15 » 16 Jan 2022 11:12

Millsy

Everyone could see this apart from Pauno. Yet he chose him and persisted with him.

Who would you play at LB?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 11:12

NathStPaul
Millsy
NathStPaul The Liam Moore news does make you think a bit when it comes to Paunovic….. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked.

We had no idea he’s been sacked. Thanks. Great news.

Go away please.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2022 11:16

bracknell_royal15
Millsy

Probably would have moved Rino there, pushed TDB centrally and brought Camara on to play on the left. Assuming we were sticking with the shit 4-2-3-1, in an ideal world could have gone 3 at the back, but we don’t have the players for it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:17

Franchise FC A few weeks ago I stated that if Derby survive we’d be in big trouble.

I was lambasted for daring to think that might be a potential scenario.

I maintain that if Derby finish above us we'll be 23rd or 24th anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:22

Hound
NathStPaul The Liam Moore news does make you think a bit when it comes to Paunovic. If there are players causing serious unrest and conspiring against him then it will have made his job almost impossible. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked, of course he should but there are seemingly mitigating circumstances.

Yep; don’t think we have the full facts on this. Fascinating what could be going on behind the scenes

Hopefully it’ll lead to some kind of siege mentality and renewed fighting spirit.

I was going to say that up until recently Moore had been picked ahead of Holmes so it can't have been going on that long... but actually the last time that happened was 23 November.

Well at least it'll be easy to test the theory of whether Moore would walk into almost any Championship defence now he's very publically available at an obviously cut price fee.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 11:24

Royal_jimmy Pauno deserves sacking for keeping Bristow on the pitch when his side was being targeted. Not his fault he isnt ready, so the manager let's his confidence get destroyed even more by leaving him on the pitch. He was rinsed by Fulham as well.

Pauno please just resign :lol: before you get a relegation on your CV and no club hires you ever again.

Please tell us which of his many other LB options should be used in Bristow's place.

Holzman? Camara? Puscas? Joao?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 11:44

bracknell_royal15
Millsy

Almost any professional footballer with legs, eyes and a brain.

The only thing worse than an out-of-position player is having a supposedly speciliased player who can't do the job. That the lad was a liability was obvious from the first minute (even if did a fantastic run forward early on).

We've seen Tetek at right back, Moore in defence, Hoilett up front, Meite on the wing. Even remember seeing Jimmy Quinn in goal! I'd put anyone there, or double up with another player, crowd that space. Hoilett to help out and not push up. Whatever.

It clearly wasn't working, they were clearly exploiting it from the first minute. Everyone could see it but Pauno.
Last edited by Millsy on 16 Jan 2022 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 13:15

Snowflake Royal
Hound
NathStPaul The Liam Moore news does make you think a bit when it comes to Paunovic. If there are players causing serious unrest and conspiring against him then it will have made his job almost impossible. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked, of course he should but there are seemingly mitigating circumstances.

Yep; don’t think we have the full facts on this. Fascinating what could be going on behind the scenes

Hopefully it’ll lead to some kind of siege mentality and renewed fighting spirit.

I was going to say that up until recently Moore had been picked ahead of Holmes so it can't have been going on that long... but actually the last time that happened was 23 November.

Well at least it'll be easy to test the theory of whether Moore would walk into almost any Championship defence now he's very publically available at an obviously cut price fee.

No fee at all. I’m fact I suspect we’d subsidise his wages to get rid

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2022 17:28

So Everton sack Benitez but we wont sack Pauno

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jan 2022 18:59

Royal_jimmy So Everton sack Benitez but we wont sack Pauno

As far as I’m aware, Everton are under no FFP issues and won’t struggle to get a list of candidates

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2022 19:03

Franchise FC
Royal_jimmy So Everton sack Benitez but we wont sack Pauno

As far as I’m aware, Everton are under no FFP issues and won’t struggle to get a list of candidates
lol, yeah

Maybe Benitez fancies his chances here

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Jan 2022 19:09

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy Pauno deserves sacking for keeping Bristow on the pitch when his side was being targeted. Not his fault he isnt ready, so the manager let's his confidence get destroyed even more by leaving him on the pitch. He was rinsed by Fulham as well.

Pauno please just resign :lol: before you get a relegation on your CV and no club hires you ever again.

Please tell us which of his many other LB options should be used in Bristow's place.

Tetek to left back, Rino to right back is the only option I could see that would have much chance of working.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 19:12

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal

Tetek to left back, Rino to right back is the only option I could see that would have much chance of working.

Yeah. All I've got too and it's pretty shit.

Easy to say don't use x when they don’t suggest any solutions or just say 'anyone' like that isn't even worse.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:38

Unless some of the wounded return or we sign someone I can’t name a full starting 11

Southwood
Tetek
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
TDB
Camara
Swift
.?
Puscas

Andresson, Joao, Morrison, Bristow, Er....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 19:44

Zip Unless some of the wounded return or we sign someone I can’t name a full starting 11

Southwood
Tetek
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
TDB
Camara
Swift
.?
Puscas

Southwood
Tetek
Bristow
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
Bashiru
Swift
Camara
Clarke

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:48

Snowflake Royal
Zip Unless some of the wounded return or we sign someone I can’t name a full starting 11

Southwood
Tetek
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
TDB
Camara
Swift
.?
Puscas

Southwood
Tetek
Bristow
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
Bashiru
Swift
Camara
Clarke

It means playing Bristow again and he clearly isn’t ready but trying to name a starting 11 with him not involved isn’t possible. Just incredible that it is this bad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2022 19:52

I’m slightly surprised we haven’t gone to the EFL to call it off again. Obvs depending on if any of those at all are Covid

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Jan 2022 19:54

Millsy

Who, should he have replaced him with ? The very same bed wetters were saying the same about Richards

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:59

Hound I’m slightly surprised we haven’t gone to the EFL to call it off again. Obvs depending on if any of those at all are Covid

It now seems worse than ever....with no Carroll as things stand

Rahman
Yiadom
Hoilett
Halilovic
Azeez
Araruna
Meite
Dann
Ejaria
McIntyre
Moore lol