Contract situation at end of 2020/21 season.

275 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Contract situation at end of 2020/21 season.

by Westwood52 » 03 May 2021 09:41

Royalwaster
Stranded
Franconian Royal
Was he born here in the UK? If he was born here, then automatically, yes, due to country of birth. If not, then he'd have to naturalised, wouldn't he? Or would he be class HG (home grown) because he has come through the academy?

He was born in Oxford.

Yes he played against my son at U7/U8 level for one of the Blackbird Leys clubs - was standout player at that level and joined Reading at U9s. We had a similarly good player in our team who joined Southampton at same time and is still there. Have been watching both with interest to see who makes it ...

The wastage from kids joining football academies is very high.From my Son s year at a “footballing “school;four kids were members of the Reading Academy.Three were cut over the first couple of years.One made it until he was seventeen,then ended up at Glen Hoddle s academy in Spain.I think he is playing Non League football.Another of my Son s year;who didn’t make the Academy,made some good money playing semi pro at a couple of local Non League clubs,while developing his main career.Many part timers playing Non League football,pre Covid earned more money than full time players at L1 and L2 clubs.

It is a cut throat business with a lot of casualties.However having made the first team Tetek clearly has a chance of some kind of football career.Although even having got this far;there are still a lot of promising Reading starters whose career sunk without a trace.

Plus Is Backbird Ley s as bad as they say it is ?Just asking.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 May 2021 09:05

Franconian Royal
Sutekh
SCIAG Paunovic did not know Tetek before he came to Reading. Tetek was 12 when Paunovic left Serbia and has only started representing Serbia due to Paunovic discovering him at Reading.

As for Puscas - I’m not sure why we paid the fee we did, but why would his transfer fee have any impact upon whether we sold him? He’s a 1-in-3 striker at this level, exactly what you want on your bench. We’re probably going to lose Joao this summer and we’re definitely seeing the last of Baldock, do we really want to try to build a whole new strike force?

Think Tetek is still eligible for call up by England as well.

Was he born here in the UK? If he was born here, then automatically, yes, due to country of birth. If not, then he'd have to naturalised, wouldn't he? Or would he be class HG (home grown) because he has come through the academy?

As others have said, yes he was born in England. He has already represented England. My concern was that, having switched from representing England to representing Serbia, he might not be able to switch back. I’m not sure exactly what the rules are on repeat switching below senior level.

Being Home Grown has no impact on what country you can play for. Gylfi Sigurdsson and Cesc Fabregas are “home grown” but were never eligible for England. Contrastingly, Eric Dier is not home grown, and counts as an overseas player for Spurs in European competitions.

My thought with Tetek

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 May 2021 15:41

admit not being paying a lot of attention recently - has Tetek signed a new contract?

just skimming through GetReading and he isn't mentioned in the ooc players, and JLow says he has a contract to 2023

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 May 2021 17:17

Hound admit not being paying a lot of attention recently - has Tetek signed a new contract?

just skimming through GetReading and he isn't mentioned in the ooc players, and JLow says he has a contract to 2023

I think it's just one of those things that can be unclear when a player makes a transition from the U18/U23s to the first time, especially at the age of 18. The club site has him as signed in September 2020 so it would seem the default of the club is to offer a 3 year deal which makes sense, he'll be 21 when his deal expires and we'll definitely know where he is at that point.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 May 2021 17:49

Out of interest do we get more money for finishing higher in the table this season like the premier league or is it the same as if we finished 21st?? Just intrigued

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2021 18:57

linkenholtroyal Out of interest do we get more money for finishing higher in the table this season like the premier league or is it the same as if we finished 21st?? Just intrigued

I think we do, but don't think it's a lot.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 06 May 2021 11:19

Snowflake Royal
linkenholtroyal Out of interest do we get more money for finishing higher in the table this season like the premier league or is it the same as if we finished 21st?? Just intrigued

I think we do, but don't think it's a lot.

Only thing I an find on it is a report from 2019 by a Birmingham reporter that stated it was 6 million whichever position you finished in. there doesn't seem to be a lot on it anywhere. if that's the case relegated clubs still get circa 80 million. it makes it understandable the gulf between clubs stuck in the champ for many years compared to clubs that come down with parachute payments.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 May 2021 15:32

We’re delighted to announce that goalkeeper
@lukesouthwood1
has completed the paperwork on a new deal that will see him remain with the club until 2023.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 7336124420

ITK Eddie followed it up with

Great news! Hearing a few whispers that Rafael may leave this summer, which may tie into this

https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieRFC7/st ... 6835799049

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 May 2021 15:46

Good to see him signed on. If Rafael goes we should get a decent fee for him. Andresson can then battle it out with Southwood for the shirt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2021 15:58

Smug face on saying we should keep him 8)

Small victories. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2021 16:18

Obvs don't know the details but its certainly been suggested that Rafael is on plenty wages wise

I'd absolutely be fine with letting him go for a small fee and looking for someone cheaper - Southwood's shirt to lose

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2021 16:19

also suggests we can offer contracts...so lets get Tom Mc signed up please

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 May 2021 18:14

Hound also suggests we can offer contracts...so lets get Tom Mc signed up please

I don’t think contracts are an issue, more the pay rise that we can offer with them.

If Southwood gas been told, sign on similar terms but you start as our first choice for 21/22 at least then he may go for it. Probably need to be cute with other deals

Taffster

by Taffster » 07 May 2021 20:51

Stranded
Hound also suggests we can offer contracts...so lets get Tom Mc signed up please

I don’t think contracts are an issue, more the pay rise that we can offer with them.

If Southwood gas been told, sign on similar terms but you start as our first choice for 21/22 at least then he may go for it. Probably need to be cute with other deals

Tmac does online streams and when someone said sign a new contract in the chat room his response was quite a frustrated "your telling me"

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 May 2021 08:28

I wouldn’t be against Rafael leaving as I don’t think he’s that good.

But if we are planning on Southwood being no.1, surely that’s a bit risky considering his lack of 1st team exposure.

There was a window of opportunity around Christmas (I think?) when Rafael made lots of mistakes...Pauno should’ve played Southwood in that spell to show if he was capable or not.

I like the idea of another academy graduate starting for us...it’s just a bit risky at the mo

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 May 2021 08:41

Re-signing Southwood makes complete sense if Rafael is moving on and if there is interest in him then realistically we have to sell. My money's on a move back to Brazil.

A 2 year contract suggests Southwood's been given some assurances.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 May 2021 09:25

Taffster
Stranded

Tmac does online streams and when someone said sign a new contract in the chat room his response was quite a frustrated "your telling me"

Losing McIntrye on a free would be more disappointing than missing out on the playoffs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 May 2021 12:19

Zip Good to see him signed on. If Rafael goes we should get a decent fee for him. Andresson can then battle it out with Southwood for the shirt.

Going to have to really prove themelves in pre-season. Would suggest Andresson is current favourite to be the no.1 having had more league experience with Exeter this season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 May 2021 12:29

Sutekh
Zip Good to see him signed on. If Rafael goes we should get a decent fee for him. Andresson can then battle it out with Southwood for the shirt.

Going to have to really prove themelves in pre-season. Would suggest Andresson is current favourite to be the no.1 having had more league experience with Exeter this season.

Oh sure. It’s a risk but then again so was Virginia. That didn’t work out but at least both Southwood and Andresson have some experience and done well in their respective loans

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2021 13:54

Sutekh

Southwood had half a season up in the Scots prem last year though

Played away at Rangers as well I think - much more relevant than div2

275 posts