MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

190 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 07 May 2021 08:47

Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal
Once upon a time . I keep reading the comment about playing Southwood or other youngsters because we need to see them . The point is that Paunovic is the manager and he has been seeing them every day of the week , WE don’t need to see them , our opinions of players are not the significant factor .
Anyway , I would go for the points .

Training, Unders and matchday are not the same thing. This is a perfect opportunity to test how they do in the first team at Championship level.

Exactly. Players have got to make the step up at some point why not against Hudders? Its not like we are going to field the under 18's. The players suggested should be wanting to be in and around the matchday squad next season.

If the accounts are to be believed, Yongge is driving us into oblivion and we need to sell as many of our saleable assets and big wage earners as possible.

We have one asset left to sell and we're losing about twice our income every year.

So they may need to play a big part.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 07 May 2021 11:21

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat
Snowflake Royal Training, Unders and matchday are not the same thing. This is a perfect opportunity to test how they do in the first team at Championship level.

Exactly. Players have got to make the step up at some point why not against Hudders? Its not like we are going to field the under 18's. The players suggested should be wanting to be in and around the matchday squad next season.

yeah but its hardly a typical match is it? Dead rubber for both sides at the end of a mega long season. Its basically a pre season friendly

I'd like to see a few of them personally, but can fully understand him not doing so

This just reinforces my opinion of - why not play them? If its a dead rubber. I am sure the Hudderfield experienced pros will be a good test as i am sure they wont wanna be given the run around by our youngsters.
As i mentioned before, need to look at the players who are committed to next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2021 11:42

Coppells Lost Coat
Hound
Coppells Lost Coat

yeah but its hardly a typical match is it? Dead rubber for both sides at the end of a mega long season. Its basically a pre season friendly

I'd like to see a few of them personally, but can fully understand him not doing so

This just reinforces my opinion of - why not play them? If its a dead rubber. I am sure the Hudderfield experienced pros will be a good test as i am sure they wont wanna be given the run around by our youngsters.
As i mentioned before, need to look at the players who are committed to next season.

yeah don't disagree - think its a balance though. Would prob only want to see players who may/will be here next year - so no Esteves, Semedo, Baldock or Aluko. Would like to see Southwood, but otherwise go fairly strong. Maybe give the likes of Onen 30 mins off the bench

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 May 2021 13:14

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat
Hound

yeah don't disagree - think its a balance though. Would prob only want to see players who may/will be here next year - so no Esteves, Semedo, Baldock or Aluko. Would like to see Southwood, but otherwise go fairly strong. Maybe give the likes of Onen 30 mins off the bench

Given the injury crisis we've had this season, surprised to see that Aluko, Semedo and Esteves haven't missed a single matchday squad between them (Semedo and Esteves joining after matchday 4)

Only just recently discovered that Onen is out of contract this summer too - any chances of him signing a new one?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 May 2021 15:36

Southwood has signed a new contract until 2023. Wonder what this signifies for either him, Rafael or the other OOC players?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 May 2021 15:41

morganb Southwood has signed a new contract until 2023. Wonder what this signifies for either him, Rafael or the other OOC players?

Think he'll probably start tomorrow now, having signed that new contract. Would imagine Rafael is still #1 going into next season, but will be good if Southwood can get some league experience and then push on next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 May 2021 16:16

interesting. Only ever signed 1 year deals before

definitely give him the game tomorrow

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 May 2021 16:40

If Rafael is dropped, and both Moore and Morrison are injured, who'll be captain for the day tomorrow - Yiadom? Swift?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 May 2021 17:09

morganb Southwood has signed a new contract until 2023. Wonder what this signifies for either him, Rafael or the other OOC players?

Wonderful news.

Hopefully the Brazilian Butterfingers has played his last game for the club. File under Asaba, Vydra and Jordon Mutch as the worst footballers ever to put on a Reading shirt. A disgrace and an embarrassment.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 07 May 2021 18:00

Didn’t you know from training sessions who could play and who couldn’t , who would make the grade and who wouldn’t ?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 07 May 2021 18:42

John Smith

Wonderful news.

Hopefully the Brazilian Butterfingers has played his last game for the club. File under Asaba, Vydra and Jordon Mutch as the worst footballers ever to put on a Reading shirt. A disgrace and an embarrassment.

Bit harsh on Rafa.Also Asaba had his days.Agree about Vida and Mutch though.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 May 2021 18:55

Once upon a time . I keep reading the comment about playing Southwood or other youngsters because we need to see them . The point is that Paunovic is the manager and he has been seeing them every day of the week , WE don’t need to see them , our opinions of players are not the significant factor .
Anyway , I would go for the points .

Sorry i disagree, training is one thing, playing in a real match where everything is at stake is a totally different experience altogether.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 May 2021 19:02

morganb If Rafael is dropped, and both Moore and Morrison are injured, who'll be captain for the day tomorrow - Yiadom? Swift?

Think it’d be Swift, maybe Rhino?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 May 2021 20:37

Westwood52
John Smith

Wonderful news.

I’ll maybe let you off slightly on Asaba. Not on Rafael though: dogshit

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 07 May 2021 23:40

Why don’t we sale the naming rights to the stadium , or has JM got that tied up somehow ?

Rax

by Rax » 08 May 2021 00:14

John Smith
Westwood52
John Smith Wonderful news.

Blimey, you clearly never saw Mark Reilly "play" for us then - or Sean Evers for that matter!

Asaba was frustrating, bit like Aluko fee wise - he was, to use today's terms, a great League One player but rubbish in the Championship!

Shipped off to Gillingham after a season IIRC......

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 08 May 2021 06:20

John Smith

Wonderful news.

:|

Idiotic

Cabral is our best player

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 08 May 2021 06:22

Can't wait to see WoodleyRoyal and his 1 man protest today about Pauno out

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2021 07:32

Rax
John Smith
Westwood52

Blimey, you clearly never saw Mark Reilly "play" for us then - or Sean Evers for that matter!

Asaba was frustrating, bit like Aluko fee wise - he was, to use today's terms, a great League One player but rubbish in the Championship!

Shipped off to Gillingham after a season IIRC......

Always thought flogging Asaba when we did was premature. He scored 8 in 33 in a relegated side. Remember him ripping eventual champions Sunderland to shreds in a 4-0 win.

Just felt like we cut our losses as Gillingham offered us 600k when he may well have done really well for us back in L1.

He finished that following year as top scorer for play off finalists as we finished a distant 11th.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2021 10:59

Hendo
morganb If Rafael is dropped, and both Moore and Morrison are injured, who'll be captain for the day tomorrow - Yiadom? Swift?

Think it’d be Swift, maybe Rhino?

I think Swift for certain, then Yiadom...I think he's had the armband once or twice...

190 posts