5%
Brentford
53%
Swansea
9%

Total votes: 77
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who do you WANT to win the play-offs?

by Snowball » 22 May 2021 18:29

Torn now, hate how Barnsley play but want Swanseas to lose 0-3

Come On, Barnsley!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2021 18:52

Watching Barnsley in the first game and the first bit of this one I'm absolutely staggered they finished top six. a real opportunity missed for us.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 May 2021 19:25

Oh by the way, what a great advert for football, 3 shots in 45 minutes.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2021 19:30

3 second leg games so far completed, all very watchable, who could have seen this coming? :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 May 2021 20:15

Swansea doing their standard, score 1 goal with 1 shot on target and win.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 May 2021 20:35

Didn’t watch but stats suggest very much standard Swansea

Would be one of the most mediocre teams to ever go up tbh. Really hope Brentford do

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 May 2021 20:45

Hound Didn’t watch but stats suggest very much standard Swansea

Would be one of the most mediocre teams to ever go up tbh. Really hope Brentford do

Brentford have earned their year in the sun
and it would be a tragedy if Swansea somehow steal the final

I'd like Brentford 4-0 Swansea

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 May 2021 20:46

windermereROYAL Watching Barnsley in the first game and the first bit of this one I'm absolutely staggered they finished top six. a real opportunity missed for us.

You're absolutely right.

But it was God setting things up for next season'e 107 pointer

yuomi

by yuomi » 22 May 2021 21:32

Interesting to look at Barnsley's recruitment this summer given they'll have to do without Dike next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Ismael hasn't put himself in the shop window. Heard him linked to the Palace job already.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2021 23:58

Bournemouth have probably still got enough from second season parachute money to mount a challenge again next season tbf.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 May 2021 00:47

They’re not a great team but as suggested elsewhere, they’re incredibly efficient, ultimately a key ingredient for success in the Champ

That Guehi is a very good defender, with Grimes keeping things ticking over in the midfield and Ayew doing the business at the other end. Strong spine to the team

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 May 2021 01:03

URZZZZ

They’re not a great team but as suggested elsewhere, they’re incredibly efficient, ultimately a key ingredient for success in the Champ

That Guehi is a very good defender, with Grimes keeping things ticking over in the midfield and Ayew doing the business at the other end. Strong spine to the team

Agree with this. Cabango is a good centre back too and Conor Roberts can’t even get in the side now. They are not a patch on the Swansea side that beat us in the play off final but they do have some quality players. Certainly more than Barnsley.
I still feel we have missed a massive opportunity here

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 23 May 2021 09:18

Watched the Swansea ,Barnsley game last night;or at least fifteen minutes.Call that football,it was dreadful.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 May 2021 09:28

Westwood52 Watched the Swansea ,Barnsley game last night;or at least fifteen minutes.Call that football,it was dreadful.

Pretty much ditto. It looked like 0-0 so I watched a few Sky dramas instead.

The one thing that struck me about all four PO sides though, is they play the game faster than Reading.

I think (not a cue to slag off Ejaria, it's a TEAM thing) if we could play 10% faster we would have been challenging the top two

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 May 2021 11:46

I would prefer Brentford to go up, they are a team run the right way and have been constantly up the top for several seasons now, also it would be a bit encouraging to see a fellow play-offs bottler break their hoodoo.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 May 2021 11:53

yuomi Interesting to look at Barnsley's recruitment this summer given they'll have to do without Dike next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Ismael hasn't put himself in the shop window. Heard him linked to the Palace job already.

Would be very surprised if any Prem side came in for Ismail....he's only had a good 12 game run at a lower level and I'm not convinced his style of football would cut it in the Prem

If they do well again next season I could see maybe a bigger side at the same level (that starts badly) going in for him

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 23 May 2021 12:46

windermereROYAL Bournemouth have probably still got enough from second season parachute money to mount a challenge again next season tbf.

They have a massive wage bill, unsustainable even with parachute payments. If they do have a go next season, it will surely be last chance saloon before they become another mediocre Championship club.

Hope Brentford do it, they deserve it and wouldn't look out of place in the PL. Hard to see anything but instant relegation for Swansea if they do it.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 May 2021 13:15

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
tidus_mi2 Hope Bournemouth sink, something really unlikeable about them.

They think their a big club. Listened to Bournmouth fan TV......talk about deluded. It was all the refs fault as well apparently. They are gonna drop like a stone now hopefully.
Well done Brentford......want Barnsley or Swansea now.

How the f*ck was it the refs fault? he got all the crucial shouts 100% correct. in fact he could have given Brentfod another pen or two.

Absolutely agree. Thought the ref had a great game. Very difficult and spicey. They keep moaning about that first penalty. Personally I thought it was. It could have gone either way but his hands were up....not necessarily unnatural but they were up. The leg being taken away by a diving defender when the Brentford player was about to unload from 6 yards could easily have been given. There wasn't much contact but it was enough to bring him down. Again easily missed but the decisions were helping Bournmouth.
Their fans are really worried now. Some are already seeing next season as a relegation battle.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 May 2021 13:22

Zip
URZZZZ

Agree with this. Cabango is a good centre back too and Conor Roberts can’t even get in the side now. They are not a patch on the Swansea side that beat us in the play off final but they do have some quality players. Certainly more than Barnsley.
I still feel we have missed a massive opportunity here

I agree with that, although we do have a pretty awful record against Brentford in recent seasons, so would have been a hard ask to get through them

I think ourselves, we had that strong spine through the middle of the team for most of the season that Swansea also had but unfortunately for us, lost it at the wrong moment

Morrison picking up the injury to miss the last couple of months, Rinomhota being shifted around in 2/3 positions and Joao losing his scoring touch. Even Laurent seemed less consistent in the latter stages of the season. All adds up to a rather disappointing end