Brentford Play Off losses.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brentford Play Off losses.

by Forbury Lion » 27 May 2021 14:21

tidus_mi2
Forbury Lion Sounds like the only chance Brentford have of winning a playoff final is if they come up against Reading or at the very least they will lose to a club and set of fans who can genuinely sympathise with their pain.

When I thought we'd make the play-offs I did think about the theoretical situation where we play each other in the final, I suppose the only logical ending would be a never-ending penalty shootout.
Could call it a draw and alternate Prem and Championship matches between us the following season, one team starts the first half and the other team play the second half.... could be a bit of a halftime trek for the opposition team and fans if it's a Reading/Brentford home match though.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 27 May 2021 23:25

I think it’s got to the point where I’d prefer to see us win the POs than win the league now. Which is partly why I’m happy we’re not in them this season...all the fans deserve to witness that duck being broken...not just 4,000 with masks on!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 May 2021 22:11

Forbury Lion Sounds like the only chance Brentford have of winning a playoff final is if they come up against Reading or at the very least they will lose to a club and set of fans who can genuinely sympathise with their pain.

Considering our appearances at Wembley have seen us score 4 v Luton, 3 v Bolton, 2 v Swansea, 1 v Arsenal, and 0 v Huddersfield, if it happened it could be the first time a team has managed to lose by -1 goals to 0.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2021 06:40

tmesis

Considering our appearances at Wembley have seen us score 4 v Luton, 3 v Bolton, 2 v Swansea, 1 v Arsenal, and 0 v Huddersfield, if it happened it could be the first time a team has managed to lose by -1 goals to 0.

It’ll be the 1-0 defeat to an own goal