Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by Hound » 06 Dec 2021 16:08

bcubed If Moore and Ejaria are fit I presume they will come straight back in?

I don't think it's a coincidence that we got forward more often and far quicker without Ovie.

Personally I'd have him on the bench to change the game if needed

Think we looked better without both of them - at least once Azeez replaced AH. Certainly much prefer Dann/Holmes to Dann/Moore

I like Ovie but I definitely think a spell on the bench and being asked to come on to make things happen rather than playing so safe would benefit him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 16:09

I don't think it's a coincidence that we got forward more often and far quicker without Ovie.

I hope they don’t. No need to drop Holmes. Moore should be benched. Ovie May come back in as Halilovic has really struggled on his return and Azeez may be injured. No need to shift TDB though as he was excellent down our left flank.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Dec 2021 16:14

Zip

I hope they don’t. No need to drop Holmes. Moore should be benched. Ovie May come back in as Halilovic has really struggled on his return and Azeez may be injured. No need to shift TDB though as he was excellent down our left flank.

Really struggled!? He’s only been back two games, one in which he did fairly well

Do think he’s better to utilise away from home or certainly against teams that play more offensively as he’s a good player on the counter

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2021 16:15

The good thing is, now we're getting a few players back from injury, we don't have to rush players like Ovie and Moore back into the team as before I think we had to out of necessity.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Dec 2021 16:36

I just think AH had a really shoddy game tbh. He's got ability and has generally played well for us. No panic about rushing him out of the team again

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 06 Dec 2021 16:54

Halilovic wasn't great on Saturday, but only second game back and didn't look fully fit. When he first signed I didn't think he was great in his first couple of games either, but then was excellent in some of the wins we had in September/October time, especially Fulham. Worth sticking with, but happy with a bit of rotation with Ovie and Azeez when all fit - nice to have options for a change!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2021 18:25

URZZZZ
Zip

Really struggled!? He’s only been back two games, one in which he did fairly well

Do think he’s better to utilise away from home or certainly against teams that play more offensively as he’s a good player on the counter

Halilovic would be better away from home as he does move directly forward at speed with the ball. He was abject on Saturday. He has to make an effort on the defensive side of his game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2021 19:54

Hound

Think we looked better without both of them - at least once Azeez replaced AH. Certainly much prefer Dann/Holmes to Dann/Moore

I like Ovie but I definitely think a spell on the bench and being asked to come on to make things happen rather than playing so safe would benefit him

:o

Cease this distasteful attack!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Dec 2021 10:54

Training photos ahead of West Brom: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/d ... -in-sight/

Hoilett, Moore, Araruna all pictured.

No Ejaria, Azeez, Yiadom, etc.

A couple of faces I don't recognise (Academy players I guess, some with no numbers?)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Dec 2021 11:54

morganb Training photos ahead of West Brom: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/d ... -in-sight/

A couple of faces I don't recognise (Academy players I guess, some with no numbers?)

I’d be surprised if Araruna was in the squad for Saturday. Tetek in for Yids. Moore and Hoilett on the bench. No justification in bringing Moore in to displace Holmes.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Dec 2021 12:26

Zip
morganb Training photos ahead of West Brom: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/d ... -in-sight/

I’d be surprised if Araruna was in the squad for Saturday. Tetek in for Yids. Moore and Hoilett on the bench. No justification in bringing Moore in to displace Holmes.

He might want to bring back Moore
but use the excuse of Holmes to RB...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Dec 2021 12:47

Snowball
Zip

This. Lame management 101.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Dec 2021 13:13

Snowflake Royal
Snowball
Zip

This. Lame management 101.

you know that will happen

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Dec 2021 14:13

Snowball
Zip

Would Moore make it as a right back ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Dec 2021 14:43

Franchise FC
Snowball
Zip

I doubt it. Snowball is right though. Moore will be licked and Holmes shunted to right back with Tetek left out. Don’t agree with it but can see it happening.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Dec 2021 15:56

Zip
Franchise FC
Snowball

I doubt it. Snowball is right though. Moore will be licked and Holmes shunted to right back with Tetek left out. Don’t agree with it but can see it happening.

You've found a Covid positive person to lick Moore to keep him out? Seems a bit harsh...

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 08 Dec 2021 19:28

I would bring Moore back in a game like this, maybe 5 across the back.

I also remember his point saving goal line clearance V Forest and last min of game header at Brum to save a goal (which prob didn't show up on the iffy one camera streams some of the more annoying posters watch)...3 points saved...and at least he's been fit most of the season, unlike most of our centre halves.

Holmes and Dann together weren't too clever at Swansea either...bet everyone would have blamed Moore for that first goal if he'd played

judge him as a player not the money

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2021 14:16

Mid Sussex Royal I would bring Moore back in a game like this, maybe 5 across the back.

I also remember his point saving goal line clearance V Forest and last min of game header at Brum to save a goal (which prob didn't show up on the iffy one camera streams some of the more annoying posters watch)...3 points saved...and at least he's been fit most of the season, unlike most of our centre halves.

Holmes and Dann together weren't too clever at Swansea either...bet everyone would have blamed Moore for that first goal if he'd played

judge him as a player not the money

Don’t think the team has particularly looked any better or worse for Moore coming out the team. Strange concept to some but it’s almost like the team concedes with Moore in and out the team

Personally wouldn’t rush to bring him in as Holmes and Dann have looked OK together but by the same token, wouldn’t be upset with him coming back in, especially if Yiadom doesn’t make it

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Dec 2021 15:59

I am happy for Moore to be a bench warmer for next few games then force his way back into the team. Get fitter and fully recover and I hold the same sentiment to everyone who is returning from injury.
We have such a horrendous injury list, lets try and at least manage what we can, properly. Cant have stupid set backs rushing unnecessarily.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Dec 2021 09:11

Latest round up of “who’s got what injury”:

1. AZEEZ, Femi - soft tissue
  2. CLARKE, Jahmari - ankle
  3. EJARIA, Ovie - soft tissue
  4. DRINKWATER, Danny - groin
  5. JOAO, Lucas - hip
  6. MCINTYRE, Tom - foot
  7. MEITE, Yakou - knee
  8. MORRISON, Michael - knee
  9. RINOMHOTA, Andy - ankle
  10. SWIFT, John - hamstring
  11. YIADOM, Andy - hamstring

Plus maybe Scott Dann to add to the above depending on the seriousness of his cut knee.

On the bright side at least the following players are just back from injury but not quite 100% match fit, esp. Araruna who hasn’t played for well over a year:

1. ARARUNA,Felipe
  2. HOILETT, Junior

948 posts