948 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 10:34

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Firstly, this is post is utter cringe and secondly I know Ince is your latest victim, didn’t take long, but he’s actually been decent and committed from performances I am witnessing.

That post is tongue in cheek you humourless gimp.

I know you can’t stand me and are thick as mince, but I'd appreciate it if you could oxf*rd off and stop making up opinions I don't have.

TInce has put in good performances for the most part, but lacks end product. PInce is moving in the right direction and doing ok but could do with more, better and earlier subs for one. No victimisation in the slightest. :roll:

Its not that i dont dislike you at all - far from it.

Yeh right

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 10:35

andrew1957 I see Liam Moore is now injured for the rest of the season. Our players even get injured whilst out on loan. What a season?

Impressive stuff. So doubt he’ll be moving there this summer

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Apr 2022 11:42

The difficulty is I can't see him moving anywhere in the Championship just because of his current wages and his wage demands, even if he knocked it down by a couple of thousand he is still being grossly overpaid for the level he is playing at. Only chance anyone would match his wage would be a top Championship club with parachute payments or a PL side. Not entirely impossible, but highly unlikely.

Best we can hope for is a move abroad somewhere, someone in MLS will be able to afford his wages as well as pay a fee.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 11:53

I’d be very surprised if we don’t end up loaning him out and playing a large percentage of his wage still. Any saving is a bonus, v much doubt we’ll get any fee for him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Apr 2022 11:58

Hound I’d be very surprised if we don’t end up loaning him out and playing a large percentage of his wage still. Any saving is a bonus, v much doubt we’ll get any fee for him

This now looks like our best bet. I was hoping he would do well at Stoke and they would take him off our hands.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Apr 2022 12:01

Christ knows how we are supposed to stay inside the EFL guidelines net season if we are spunking out £35k every week to him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Apr 2022 12:04

He reportedly earns £30k a week and a £16m wage bill means the average player wage is about £12k per week, so he takes up the space of 2.5 players based on that average.

Again, not sure who would take his wages in the current climate with many clubs supposedly breaking P&S regulations which could get punished next season. The only 2 clubs I can realistically think of are Forest and Stoke, but even the latter may fall foul of P&S regulations.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Apr 2022 12:46

Moore will be gone - someone will take him for sure.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 14:22

Not on 35k a week they won’t

Possible he’ll get a 2-3 year deal somewhere on vastly reduced wages but still can’t see that

In his current circumstance can’t see any way in which he’ll give up any of the last year of his bumper contract

If we end up paying only 50% of that we’ll have done very well. Which is crap but there you go

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Apr 2022 14:27

It might be that the club try and do a deal with Moore paying him part of his final year leaving him as a free agent to sort out a deal elsewhere.
He really is a huge burden.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Apr 2022 14:43

Zip It might be that the club try and do a deal with Moore paying him part of his final year leaving him as a free agent to sort out a deal elsewhere.
He really is a huge burden.

This is most likely in my mind.

We agree a mutual termination paying him off at say 20k pw. He can then try and get a deal somewhere paying him 15k (or as close to as possible) to cover the short fall next season.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Apr 2022 14:58

Hound Not on 35k a week they won’t

Possible he’ll get a 2-3 year deal somewhere on vastly reduced wages but still can’t see that

In his current circumstance can’t see any way in which he’ll give up any of the last year of his bumper contract

If we end up paying only 50% of that we’ll have done very well. Which is crap but there you go

Best I think we can hope for is :

He finds a club offering £15k per week (so not necessarily a parachute payment club, but still likely)
We pay up the remaining £20k per week (c£1m) in advance at the time of transfer, saving us the £750k
Transfer fee - I don't think so

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Apr 2022 16:00

Franchise FC

He finds a club offering £15k per week (so not necessarily a parachute payment club, but still likely)
We pay up the remaining £20k per week (c£1m) in advance at the time of transfer, saving us the £750k

Basically, yes one of the above

Either way we flush about 1m of our 16m budget down the toilet on an expensive deadweight

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Apr 2022 19:01

Hound
Franchise FC

Either way we flush about 1m of our 16m budget down the toilet on an expensive deadweight

My suggestion wasn't really an either or.

However, if we can't do that, we're flushing £1.75m down the same toilet

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2022 06:47

Franchise FC
Hound
Franchise FC Best I think we can hope for is :

Yes I meant yours or my other suggestion sorry - ie we just loan out and still pay him

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Apr 2022 09:30

Hound
Franchise FC
Hound

Yes I meant yours or my other suggestion sorry - ie we just loan out and still pay him

Ah, ok
Sorry if I came across a bit narky

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Apr 2022 14:21

Franchise FC
Hound
Franchise FC

Ah, ok
Sorry if I came across a bit narky

No worries, was my rubbish unclear posting that was the problem!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Apr 2022 20:25

Hound
andrew1957 I see Liam Moore is now injured for the rest of the season. Our players even get injured whilst out on loan. What a season?

If I were an unkind man I might suggest that the less they see of him play the more likely they’ll be to want him ;-)

The simple truth though is that a fit and committed Liam Moore would be an asset to the squad and with a new manager it may be that everyone starts with a clean slate .

To some degree we’ve been here before with him though , early Pauno got a tune out of him when he looked like he would be headed out the door so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

His wages unfortunately are a bigger hindrance now than they were then so as people have said some creativity might be required to partly cover that. The big stumbling block there though is that the very public statement the club made in removing the captaincy from him. I’m not sure he’ll be inclined to do anything that remotely aids us if he’s in any way going to be out of pocket. Much like McCleary and Gunter a couple of seasons back he’ll likely just sit out a year and take the money .

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Apr 2022 07:06

Vision
Hound

If I were an unkind man I might suggest that the less they see of him play the more likely they’ll be to want him ;-)

The simple truth though is that a fit and committed Liam Moore would be an asset to the squad and with a new manager it may be that everyone starts with a clean slate .

To some degree we’ve been here before with him though , early Pauno got a tune out of him when he looked like he would be headed out the door so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility.

His wages unfortunately are a bigger hindrance now than they were then so as people have said some creativity might be required to partly cover that. The big stumbling block there though is that the very public statement the club made in removing the captaincy from him. I’m not sure he’ll be inclined to do anything that remotely aids us if he’s in any way going to be out of pocket. Much like McCleary and Gunter a couple of seasons back he’ll likely just sit out a year and take the money .

Spot on Vision. As I understand it there was an opportunity for Moore to move on last summer with him actually contributing to making terms possible. It didn’t happen. They way he was dealt with mid season painted a pretty unfair picture of the situation and I can’t see him being to willing to do the same again. The only way he might is if he’s decides actually playing is more important then the money. He’s too young to lose another year out of his career....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Apr 2022 08:43

I would say this summer is the last chance for Moore to make a decent move i.e. to a decent Championship side, so he may well be inclined to make it happen.

If he stays and essentially sits out a year then the options for a then 30 yo CB with known injury issues will be limited even as a free transfer.

Question remains if we could afford to not select him next year if we are unable to move him on. Having 35k pw (or whatever it actually is) not playing is wasting a massive chunk of our available budget.

948 posts