Stadium Name

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Stadium Name

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2021 11:22

Sorry if I’ve missed talk of it but any truth in the fact the ground is being renamed/sponsored?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Stadium Name

by Hendo » 13 Jul 2021 11:24

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Jul 2021 15:06

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jul 2021 08:44

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2021 09:32

Norfolk Royal https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/Welcome-to-the-Select-Car-Leasing-Stadium-/?fbclid=IwAR1gQVJsZXmoRTr7s84QXHp18nk4ZX4HejTcOkbRD2t7p3IkwW4F1q6Lf5s

fair enough

is there a lot of money in car leasing? Would be interesting to see figures on the sponsorship deal.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Jul 2021 09:33

Norfolk Royal https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/Welcome-to-the-Select-Car-Leasing-Stadium-/?fbclid=IwAR1gQVJsZXmoRTr7s84QXHp18nk4ZX4HejTcOkbRD2t7p3IkwW4F1q6Lf5s

10 years, big commitment. Fair play. Like they said in the article at least it’s a local company with roots in the town rather than a random company with absolutely no links at all.

Also from 12th July…

Hendo Yeah, I think renaming the East Stand would be a nice touch if they have sold the naming rights.

8)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jul 2021 09:40

It's nice and all that it's something with ties to the area, but I'm scratching my head as to how a local car leasing business has enough money to do something like this. Unless we've sold the stadium name for cheap. Odd...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2021 10:27

genome It's nice and all that it's something with ties to the area, but I'm scratching my head as to how a local car leasing business has enough money to do something like this. Unless we've sold the stadium name for cheap. Odd...

Its a (inter?)national company, just based in Reading from what i know of them.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2021 10:44

Hound
genome It's nice and all that it's something with ties to the area, but I'm scratching my head as to how a local car leasing business has enough money to do something like this. Unless we've sold the stadium name for cheap. Odd...

They seem to be doing pretty well.

https://growjo.com/company/Select_Car_Leasing

They also get very good reviews from their customers, which bodes well for future growth. The guys who started up the Company were Royals supporters long before they started sponsoring the club in this sort of way. Who knows, they might even end up owning the club at some point in the future!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 16 Jul 2021 10:50

I imagine there's a shitload of money in car leasing. The profit margins are huge.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jul 2021 10:54

Green I imagine there's a shitload of money in car leasing. The profit margins are huge.

Indeed they are.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jul 2021 11:02

Blimey, 56.4m revenue per year? Fair fcuks

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2021 11:07

They get cars on the cheap then lease them to people for not so cheap

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2021 11:27

RoyalBlue
Hound

They also get very good reviews from their customers, which bodes well for future growth. The guys who started up the Company were Royals supporters long before they started sponsoring the club in this sort of way. Who knows, they might even end up owning the club at some point in the future!

Not unless we get relegated once or twice at £56m revenue a year for the company, they won't.

Actually, thinking about it, our operating losses are 4/5ths their TURNOVER. :lol: Although their turnover is much higher than ours. Puts the state we're in in perspective rather.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jul 2021 12:05

Simmops They get cars on the cheap then lease them to people for not so cheap

Nobody is holding anyone down and forcing them to lease a car. If they're successful it will be because they're offering decent deals and have their business plan right.

Thinking about it, my lease car is coming up for renewal. Wonder if they do discounts for Reading fans with membership cards. If they don't they should.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Jul 2021 12:20

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Hound

Not unless we get relegated once or twice at £56m revenue a year for the company, they won't.

Actually, thinking about it, our operating losses are 4/5ths their TURNOVER. :lol: Although their turnover is much higher than ours. Puts the state we're in in perspective rather.

the article says 56 million dollars not pounds... which would be 40m english pounds

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jul 2021 12:22

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

the article says 56 million dollars not pounds... which would be 40m english pounds

Stupid American money!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2021 12:52

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Hound

I'm relying on their company growing dramatically in size!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jul 2021 12:53

Norfolk Royal

Nobody is holding anyone down and forcing them to lease a car. If they're successful it will be because they're offering decent deals and have their business plan right.

Thinking about it, my lease car is coming up for renewal. Wonder if they do discounts for Reading fans with membership cards. If they don't they should.

I suspect they might well do that or introduce in the future.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jul 2021 13:46

RoyalBlue
Norfolk Royal

I suspect they might well do that or introduce in the future.

Was announced as part of the shirt deal that STH would get a discount via them, not sure if that applies to members too and if so how much the discount is.