MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h)

195 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (h)

by SCIAG » 11 Sep 2021 18:43

Although on the fan behaviour point - if people from Club 1871 try to climb over the barriers then it becomes harder to justify. We need to get our house in order too.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Sep 2021 18:45

Stranded
SCIAG Excellent game, really enjoyed myself. Shame we didn’t win but the way QPR celebrated getting a point says it all.

Swift was excellent despite not being on the same wavelength as new players a few times. Rahman also looks like a fine replacement for Richards. Dele-Bashiru looks like the player people hoped Akpan would be, bit unrefined but made things happen. Not sure what the point of Halilovic is.

We need to improve defensively. Too many times we had too few men back and got caught out. The first goal was dreadful.

Hope QPR get a big fine for the trouble their fans caused. Threatened to spoil what was otherwise a great afternoon.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Halilovic and Swift worked well together. They will really rip a team to part in the near future if they both stay fit.

Let’s hope so. Perhaps I was being unfairly gloomy on Halilovic. I thought he was quite quiet and his mistake led to the equaliser, but I probably overlooked good things he did.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2021 18:48

SCIAG
Stranded
SCIAG Excellent game, really enjoyed myself. Shame we didn’t win but the way QPR celebrated getting a point says it all.

Swift was excellent despite not being on the same wavelength as new players a few times. Rahman also looks like a fine replacement for Richards. Dele-Bashiru looks like the player people hoped Akpan would be, bit unrefined but made things happen. Not sure what the point of Halilovic is.

We need to improve defensively. Too many times we had too few men back and got caught out. The first goal was dreadful.

Hope QPR get a big fine for the trouble their fans caused. Threatened to spoil what was otherwise a great afternoon.

Halilovic and Swift worked well together. They will really rip a team to part in the near future if they both stay fit.

Let’s hope so. Perhaps I was being unfairly gloomy on Halilovic. I thought he was quite quiet and his mistake led to the equaliser, but I probably overlooked good things he did.

His ball into Swift for 1-1 was truly excellent and his touch in tight spaces was top. For a full debut, very encouraging and some of the things he and Swift were trying will come off the more they get to know each other.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2021 18:50

SCIAG
Stranded

Rubbish first half except the assist but bright and lively second imo

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Sep 2021 18:53

Pretty annoying too that our friend Geoff Eltringham bottled it as usual by not giving Dickie a second yellow for a blatant body check late on

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 19:43

Halilovic looked lightweight but he did pick up a great assist

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 19:49

Sutekh
Brogue
Royal_jimmy Scott Dann in vs Peterborough. Liam Moore should train with the under 23s

Injured apparently as is drinkwater and rino

:roll: just what the £&@! have they been doing in training to lose 3 players to injury in 2 weeks with no games. Perhaps they should stop doing whatever it is and concentrate on getting a defensive unit together that can actually defend rather than produce patently unfunny comedy routines.

I don’t think Dann or Drinkwater are injured but simply not match fit

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 19:51

Zip
Sutekh
Brogue
Injured apparently as is drinkwater and rino

:roll: just what the £&@! have they been doing in training to lose 3 players to injury in 2 weeks with no games. Perhaps they should stop doing whatever it is and concentrate on getting a defensive unit together that can actually defend rather than produce patently unfunny comedy routines.

Yes sorry, I was going off this getreading article https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-21544653 :roll:

Pauno post match interview suggests they were just not match fit yet. Poor from jlow

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2021 19:55

Surprised Drinkwater didn’t make the bench tbh

He was playing friendlies for Chelsea. Still hopefully next game

Obvs Dann is a bigger requirement atm though

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 19:59

Brogue
Zip
Sutekh

Yes sorry, I was going off this getreading article https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-21544653 :roll:

Pauno post match interview suggests they were just not match fit yet. Poor from jlow

I wasn’t aware of Low’s comments. Interesting because it didn’t seem likely that either Dann or Drinkwater were remotely close to being able to play from what Pauno was suggesting which I found surprising given Drinkwater was involved in pre season games.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Sep 2021 20:13

Stranded Thr annoying thing is we were looking pretty set defensively up to 3-1, could only see us scoring and 4 or 5-1 looked possible. Then....

The defence, in particular the CBs seemed to think job done. Morrison somehow allows Gray 5 metres space for his tap in and was pretty much jogging back. From that point, esp. after the sub it was a case of when they got that chance and if they could take it. They did.

What hurts is that from 20mins in, we looked like a bloody good Championship side. Puscas lively up top, he'll get one soon now and attack wise nearly unplayable. Need to sort out the CBs and we will go up the table either with this manager or another .

You're watching a different game.to me. The defence looked terrible the whole time, whilst QPR looked a bit blunt between 1 and 2.

On that goal, Gray is Moore's man, he pulls off his shoulder and Moore goes towards Rahman to cover him but ends in no man's land. Morrison is caught up the pitch and not in line, I think because he pressed earlier, and Yiadom hasn't tucked in, so neither can get back / across to pick up Gray.

All from a break through midfield and a simple ball to isolate Rahman, plus some. moderate movement from Gray

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Sep 2021 08:18

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Thr annoying thing is we were looking pretty set defensively up to 3-1, could only see us scoring and 4 or 5-1 looked possible. Then....

The defence, in particular the CBs seemed to think job done. Morrison somehow allows Gray 5 metres space for his tap in and was pretty much jogging back. From that point, esp. after the sub it was a case of when they got that chance and if they could take it. They did.

What hurts is that from 20mins in, we looked like a bloody good Championship side. Puscas lively up top, he'll get one soon now and attack wise nearly unplayable. Need to sort out the CBs and we will go up the table either with this manager or another .

You're watching a different game.to me. The defence looked terrible the whole time, whilst QPR looked a bit blunt between 1 and 2.

On that goal, Gray is Moore's man, he pulls off his shoulder and Moore goes towards Rahman to cover him but ends in no man's land. Morrison is caught up the pitch and not in line, I think because he pressed earlier, and Yiadom hasn't tucked in, so neither can get back / across to pick up Gray.

All from a break through midfield and a simple ball to isolate Rahman, plus some. moderate movement from Gray

There was a period at 3-1 where the defence was looking good, Morrison beat Gray for pace and then Moore absolutely rinsed him a few minutes later. Full backs and Laurent were being reasonably restrained and we looked solid. Then Morrison completely switches off and gets suckered towards the ball and Gray exploits the space.

Then for the third goal Moore gets completely lost and may as well have not been there. Morrison comes across to cover him but can’t plug the hole entirely. TDB and Laurent also both get suckered into that area of the pitch but to no positive effect. Holmes covers Morrison and picks up Gray, but now there’s a gap on the other side and Yiadom is outnumbered, with Halilovic not back having given the ball away right up the other end of the pitch.

The midfield seems like it should be easily solvable and was partly down to a bunch of new partnerships being established. Moore and Morrison switching off like that is a bigger concern and I don’t think it’s as simple as “they haven’t been coached” - at their age they shouldn’t be making mistakes like that.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Sep 2021 16:44

SCIAG There was a period at 3-1 where the defence was looking good,

That was a very short period......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2021 17:04

Wycombe Royal

I blinked and missed it evidently.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Sep 2021 17:10

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal

I blinked and missed it evidently.

I assume it was between scoring and kicking off again :wink:

195 posts