BFTG - QPR

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - QPR

by Jack Celliers » 11 Sep 2021 21:43

It was a good game. 3-1 seemed slightly unreal, perhaps a point is ok. Swift was brilliant and all the new signings looked good. Two wtf moments were the own goal and taking Puscas off for Holmes. Perhaps Puscas will learn from the header he missed at 3-2.

Obviously, the signings of Drinkwater and Dann has me very worried about the rest of this season but on the whole, Pauno might be enough of a good thing to keep us up. Without him we would be sunk.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2021 21:53

Notts Royal This feels like a relegation season doesn’t it.

Not yet it doesn't. Defence is one good performance away from being OK, going forward we are as good as 90% of this division. There is a lot of potential there.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Sep 2021 22:02

Zip Pauno doesn’t learn and doesn’t want to learn. The first goal was yet again woeful marking from a set piece. I could see the QPR player making the late run to the back post and pointlessly shouted “back post back post”. You could just see what was going to happen next.

FFS deploy man to man marking at set pieces. Make sure everyone is marked up. We are always outnumbered at the back post and Pauno fails to deal with it. Then to take off Puscas for Holmes meant we had no outlet at all and invited pressure. Pauno has cost us two points today. If we don’t win on Tuesday he needs to go.

John Swift is the top scorer in the division with six from six plus two assists. If he stays fit he will move in January. Good luck to him he deserves to be in the top flight.

Does he fcuk he spent the entire time with us injured.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 11 Sep 2021 22:08

We looked better, and the three new players on display today have freshened the team up somewhat. We really need Dann fit and in the back four ASAP, as the defense is shot to pieces at the moment, and his experience and leadership will help immensly.
Puscas worked hard and with Ejaria, Swift and Halilovic behind him we looked more dangerous in attack.

I thought QPR looked good in possesion and were good for the point. The game was ours at 3-1 but the difference for me was they were able to call on Gray & Adomah and both changed the game with there pace and direct play causing havoc in our already fragile defence.

An experienced Championship Manager will get us out of this mess, however, i cannot see whom we could get with our financial constraints at this current time. So even though in think Pauno out, my heart says give him until Xmas to see if these new players can do the job.

A new defensive coach would be a priority as the difference between now and the start of last season is alarming. Why oh Why did we let O'Shea leave :cry:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 22:09

leon
Zip Pauno doesn’t learn and doesn’t want to learn. The first goal was yet again woeful marking from a set piece. I could see the QPR player making the late run to the back post and pointlessly shouted “back post back post”. You could just see what was going to happen next.

FFS deploy man to man marking at set pieces. Make sure everyone is marked up. We are always outnumbered at the back post and Pauno fails to deal with it. Then to take off Puscas for Holmes meant we had no outlet at all and invited pressure. Pauno has cost us two points today. If we don’t win on Tuesday he needs to go.

John Swift is the top scorer in the division with six from six plus two assists. If he stays fit he will move in January. Good luck to him he deserves to be in the top flight.

155 League appearances would suggest otherwise.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2021 23:37

Brogue
Jagermesiter1871 Swift is infinitely better than Olise.

Different stages of their career let’s see what olise is like when he’s 26

Perhaps but you can't judge someone on their potential.

I'd personally wager Olise will not be at Swifts level at 26 and will fail to live up to his relative hype.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2021 23:37

Brogue

I'd personally wager Olise will not be at Swifts level at 26 and will fail to live up to his relative hype.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2021 23:47

Jagermesiter1871
CavershamRoyal
Millsy WE WERE GOOD!
Excellent display I thought, really really enjoyed watching that!
Ok yes yes disappointing ending, AWFUL flipping substitution, totally defies belief. Hal was utter SHITE since his assist and Puscas was arguably the best player and was putting them on the backfoot. Just unbelievably inept from Pauno.

BUT

What a game! High flying QPR against lowly Reading and in fairness we should have won. Ridiculous defending for 1st 2 goals – no one taking the guy running behind the defence, and no one picking up their scorer for the second – wtf was Morro doing?? If it wasn’t for that we were just more dangerous overall IMO.

Rafa – 6. Good saves, couldn’t do much about the goals. As ever he’s an average keeper overall. Average score.

Yiadom – 6. Difficult one – should range from 4-8. Some excellent efforts but also some real shite. I’m hoping as he settles in that position now we've got a LB he’ll get his confidence and form back.

Moore – 6. Seemed actually quite solid but when you’re in the heart of a defence that leaks 3 I’m sorry you’re not getting more than 6.

Morro – 6. Tempted to give 5 as I felt he was nowhere for their second goal (might feel differently when I see replays) but did some good stuff too so 6 alongside Moore, I'm not going to scapegoat any particular defender as it's the system that's the problem.

Rahman – 7.5 Yes I think he was brilliant. Defensively and going forward nicking the ball off them and rushing forward. Actually putting in a great cross or two. Reminds of the impact Matty Robinson had when Parj brought him in when we crying out for a LB.

Laurent – 8 Really very good all over the pitch. Great stuff

Bashiru – 7. I’d have given him a 9 for his phenomenal attacking threat but dropping down to 7 because he also seemed to give the ball away a few times with some sloppiness, which put huge pressure on us.

Swift – 7.5 How can he get less than Laurent after the hat trick? I dunno, I didn’t even notice him in the game until he got that first goal. Laurent was just class the whole game for me.

Ejaria – 7.5 Love the guy. We’ve really missed him. Not just attacking, but even his daddy longlegs sticking out and nicking balls as usual. As ever usual issues with hesitancy but I see QPR felt the need to have 3-4 men swarming in on him asap freeing up Swift to score his hat-trick.

Hal – 6. I started off thinking he was great then an AMAZING ball to swift for the first and I thought we have a real good player on our hands. Some brilliant energy, doing some great things, reminds me a bit of Hunt. BUT then he fell apart. No testicles, no pace. Great ball aside I’ve not seen enough to want him to start again, sorry.

Puscas – 8. He was just great. Yeah his finishing was just off, but he really did start growing into the game and was looking very dangerous.

Holmes -n/a, did alright I guess. Although we didn’t hold onto the lead did we.

Pauno – meh. Happy with the starting lineup, happy generally with his signings under tough circumstances. A MUCH MUCH better performance and we’re looking dangerous now. Almost/should have beaten high flying QPR quietening the gobby London pcunts? Come on! But I don’t know really… that substitution was literally the worst thing you could possibly do short of perhaps bringing on an outfield player for a keeper. Absolutely mind-boggling, which is what we’ve come to expect now from Pauno. How is he persistently unable to see what everyone else can? Defending – two ridiculous goals to concede. What has he done to fix this ? Ok so we’ve got Dan now, so I won’t be too harsh. I won’t echo everyone’s thoughts on the zonal bullshit. Just heard his post match interview and he's stubbornly sticking to it. Hope that works out well for you Pauno good luck buddy! Food for thought - we (me included) knock Pauno for the ridiculous substitution, that's on him, but who do you think talked to them at half time turning them from a team on the backfoot to a team going 3-1 up against a very good QPR side? Pauno did that. Give him a bit more of a chance.

Swift scores a hattrick from midfield and gets less than a striker that didn't have a shot on target? :|

Thought we looked good today apart from the first and last 10 minutes. Bad game management from Pauno - fear for him if we don't win on Tuesday. Rahman and Halilovic looked pretty good, especially going forwards, and Puscas at least tried pretty hard. Thought Ovie was good in parts, but still flatters to deceive fairly often and slowed down breaks for the sake of taking on another player rather than releasing it to someone else.

The less said about the defence, the better - pretty shambolic. How many times are we going to concede from a set piece where it's nodded back across goal?

:lol: oxf*rd hell. Anything less than a 10 for swift is harsh. To say you didn't notice him is mind boggling.

It's also not what I said, so boggle your mind all you like buddy.

It's true, I didn't notice him much "until he got that first goal". Then of course he was good.

I'm not just going to pretend I thought he was amazing all game because he got 3 goals. Easy to say, but it'd be a lie. Although I'm sure many will.

10? That's not unreasonable. It was a good performance but I think some others did very well too. This wasn't the one man show everyone will think of it as. Give Pauno and the rest of the team some credit, this was a terrific attacking performance with many players doing a fine job, against a very good side. Let down of course by a laughable back line.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2021 00:06

Zip
leon

Interesting. Clearly when he hasn’t been injured he’s failed to impose himself.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 00:12

Stranded

Not yet it doesn't. Defence is one good performance away from being OK, going forward we are as good as 90% of this division. There is a lot of potential there.

Stranded, you'd see the positive in a bowl of piss.

You were telling us weeks ago that we looked good going forward and the defence would tighten up.

I argued at the time we.were much more likely to keep conceding and the same three players couldn't keep scoring. Q a couple of games of reduced goals, defeats and loafs of goals conceded, followed by a Swift hattrick and loads of goals conceded.

You're living in a dream world.

There's absolutely no sign the defence is improving. And even if Dann (not in this weekend's squad) comes in, he's slow and he and Holmes can't replace all of Yiadom, Moore and Morrison.

Morrison probably being the better of the three which would make an insanely slow defensive u it in Holmes, Morrison, Dann, Rahman.

And still midfield would be a problem. You can't expect Holmes, Dann and Drinkwater to just solve our massive problems.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 00:13

leon
Zip
leon Does he fcuk he spent the entire time with us injured.

Interesting. Clearly when he hasn’t been injured he’s failed to impose himself.

He went through a couple of dips after hamstring injuries but overall has been a fine player for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 00:15

Zip
leon

In how many seasons?

Should be more like 250.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 00:16

Jagermesiter1871
Brogue

Swift's best season so far is less good than Olise's season as a teen..

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Sep 2021 00:20

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Stranded, you'd see the positive in a bowl of piss.

You were telling us weeks ago that we looked good going forward and the defence would tighten up.

I argued at the time we.were much more likely to keep conceding and the same three players couldn't keep scoring. Q a couple of games of reduced goals, defeats and loafs of goals conceded, followed by a Swift hattrick and loads of goals conceded.

You're living in a dream world.

There's absolutely no sign the defence is improving. And even if Dann (not in this weekend's squad) comes in, he's slow and he and Holmes can't replace all of Yiadom, Moore and Morrison.

Morrison probably being the better of the three which would make an insanely slow defensive u it in Holmes, Morrison, Dann, Rahman.

And still midfield would be a problem. You can't expect Holmes, Dann and Drinkwater to just solve our massive problems.

power post

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 00:21

Snowflake Royal
Zip
leon Does he fcuk he spent the entire time with us injured.

In how many seasons?

Should be more like 250.

Just over 5 seasons. Don’t be ridiculous Snowflake Royal. The Championship is brutal. An average of 30 League games per season is a decent return.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

6Re: BFTG - QPR

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 00:28

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

In how many seasons?

Should be more like 250.

Just over 5 seasons. Don’t be ridiculous Snowflake Royal. The Championship is brutal. An average of 30 League games per season is a decent return.

Bog off is it. And a third of the games he did play he was shit. Thank oxf*rd he's come.good, if.still injury prone, the last two and a bit.

Can expect a team to play about 50 games a season. Which means he's dropped Almost 2 whole seasons

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 6Re: BFTG - QPR

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 00:45

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal In how many seasons?

Should be more like 250.

Bog off is it. And a third of the games he did play he was shit. Thank oxf*rd he's come.good, if.still injury prone, the last two and a bit.

Can expect a team to play about 50 games a season. Which means he's dropped Almost 2 whole seasons

30 out of 46 games is decent...this is just League appearances here.The attrition rate is brutal in the Championship.
If he has averaged two thirds of the games per season it’s fine. This is not about playing for Cambridge Nursing Home Reserves ya donut.

I dunno you and leon on the same side. This is place has gone to the dogs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Sep 2021 00:56

Calm down Zip...you’ll never reach that retirement

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 01:01

I’m calm Spizzeria. Gotta kick these upstarts where it hurts sometimes.
At this rate Snowflake and leon will start fecking courting.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Sep 2021 07:31

Lower West
CountryRoyal I still believe we have some decent players, better than our performances and results have shown. .

Unlikely we can survive in the Championship by out scoring the opposition every week.

This is correct, Reading would lose their place in the Championship and be promoted.