BFTG - QPR

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - QPR

by CountryRoyal » 11 Sep 2021 19:02

Positives are that’s the best we’ve played all season in the second half. Baba not amazing but clearly infinitely better than what we had previously (obviously). TDB looked decent in the middle, Hal and Swift linked up nicely and I thought Ejaria had a positive return overall. We were also on the whole A LOT less sloppy than usual, particularly in passing.

We all know the negatives, we can’t defend. Substitution didn’t make sense, take off Puscas…. maybe, but bring on someone that can at least try and keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible. We had no kind of outlet at all. On the subject of Puscas, can’t fault his effort but he should have probably had a hat trick today. On the subject of hat tricks, we really are John Swift FC at the moment.

Overall despite feeling like a loss I think there’s things we can be optimistic about - but only if we get a proper manager in. I still believe we have some decent players, better than our performances and results have shown. So yeah, still Pauno out for me. I don’t have any faith in his abilities and so whilst I appreciate the argument to stick with him a few more games (based on his signings), ultimately it’s just more potential points wasted.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 19:07

Pauno doesn’t learn and doesn’t want to learn. The first goal was yet again woeful marking from a set piece. I could see the QPR player making the late run to the back post and pointlessly shouted “back post back post”. You could just see what was going to happen next.

FFS deploy man to man marking at set pieces. Make sure everyone is marked up. We are always outnumbered at the back post and Pauno fails to deal with it. Then to take off Puscas for Holmes meant we had no outlet at all and invited pressure. Pauno has cost us two points today. If we don’t win on Tuesday he needs to go.

John Swift is the top scorer in the division with six from six plus two assists. If he stays fit he will move in January. Good luck to him he deserves to be in the top flight.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Sep 2021 19:09

John Smith Don’t think even seen many worse debuts than what I witnessed from Rahman today. Lost out to the equally woeful Moses Odubajo look good. Absolutely horrifying.

It's the formation. Just like last season the full back areas are targeted by opposition managers as it our achilles heel. Next game watch Ejaria for a while. Leaves space to be exposed. Meite in comparison puts in a good defensive shift.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2021 19:10

Lower West
John Smith Don’t think even seen many worse debuts than what I witnessed from Rahman today. Lost out to the equally woeful Moses Odubajo look good. Absolutely horrifying.

It's the formation. Just like last season the full back areas are targeted by opposition managers as it our achilles heel. Next game watch Ejaria for a while. Leaves space to be exposed. Meite in comparison puts in a good defensive shift.

Ovie was excellent defensively today. He isn’t the problem

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Sep 2021 19:17

CountryRoyal I still believe we have some decent players, better than our performances and results have shown. .

Unlikely we can survive in the Championship by out scoring the opposition every week.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Sep 2021 19:19

Hound
Lower West

Ovie was excellent defensively today. He isn’t the problem

Second half today. Makes a run, loses the ball. Stops and puts his hands on his head. Meanwhile QPR are now 10 yards up the pitch. Ejaria then decides to start slowly jogging back. Behind the ball and in no position to influence the game. Good teams defend as a unit.
Last edited by Lower West on 11 Sep 2021 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Sep 2021 19:21

Not taking away from the fcukery it took to not win - but did anyone get a good look at the initial ball across for their 3rd? Any shout chance it went out?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Sep 2021 19:23

CountryRoyal Not taking away from the fcukery it took to not win - but did anyone get a good look at the initial ball across for their 3rd? Any shout chance it went out?

Jnr looked at this and thinks it was still in play.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Sep 2021 19:24

CountryRoyal Not taking away from the fcukery it took to not win - but did anyone get a good look at the initial ball across for their 3rd? Any shout chance it went out?

Possibly did. Prefer the game without VAR.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2021 19:24

Players didn’t seem too interested in appealing for it so presume it stayed in

Anyone else been thinking ‘if only Swift had been (properly) fit last year’?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 11 Sep 2021 19:25

Great game but bitterly disappointing result , they were dead and buried at 3-1 then pathetic schoolboy defended let them back in and the rest is history. The defence is woeful which takes all the limelight of the other players who played so well with Swift simply outstanding , if we don't get a result Tuesday against Peterborough Pauno's position is untenable

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Sep 2021 19:28

Hound Players didn’t seem too interested in appealing for it so presume it stayed in

Anyone else been thinking ‘if only Swift had been (properly) fit last year’?

I’m more in the boat of if only Pauno knew what he was doing and if only Joao wasn’t abducted and replaced with a League Two reserve.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2021 19:39

Swift is infinitely better than Olise.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 19:46

Jagermesiter1871 Swift is infinitely better than Olise.

Different stages of their career let’s see what olise is like when he’s 26

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 11 Sep 2021 20:13

Not long back.

Agree with what most have said, going forward we have the ability to do well. Defensively, utter shit.

Moore is a oxf*rd liability and has been for months now. He is supposed to be captain but has no ability to lead or set an example and his defensive capabilities are dire.

Our leaking of goals will not change with him anywhere near the team. Get him out.

As for Pauno, he hasn't learnt a thing or developed his ability to adapt as a manager. He is way out of his depth.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Sep 2021 20:20

We've actually got the bones of a decent team if we could defend or manage a game.

Sadly we can do neither, so we're in another relegation fight.

Dreadful. Never had any faith we'd win. Swift's hattrick will convince a few people we're a couple of tweaks from very good.

He won't continue scoring a goal a game though. Meanwhile we'll probably keep conceding 2 or 3.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 20:26

I think I’m due an apology for the abuse I got in the pauno out thread. I called it back in April I could see the cracks forming. We should have got rid at the end of last season.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Sep 2021 21:03

Can we all take a moment to cream ourselves over the pass from Swift to Ovie in the build up to the 3rd? (i think)

Pinging it hard, dead straight, and on the floor. It was beautiful. Then Ovie standing still while waving with his right hand to indicate to Moore to make the run round behind him. Bloody loved that goal :D

Also, rather than celebrating, Puscas looked absolutely gutted Swift scored it as he thought it was coming to him. He was desperate for a goal, poor bloke

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 11 Sep 2021 21:17

Lower West
CountryRoyal I still believe we have some decent players, better than our performances and results have shown. .

Unlikely we can survive in the Championship by out scoring the opposition every week.

Have the rules changed?
;-)

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 11 Sep 2021 21:17

This feels like a relegation season doesn’t it.

However, the manager should be getting more out of these players. He’s out of his depth & has to go. Reminds me of me of Gomes in 19/20.