Pauno in

205 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno in

by Sanguine » 20 Sep 2021 09:13

We're a stupid late QPR equaliser from being a tidy 9th in the table and a point off the playoff places. That's some context.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Sep 2021 09:14

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal Forced into action he should have taken weeks ago with Moore's injury.

Typical Ian post, this. Can't just credit the guy. You're still right Ian, he just lucked out, correct?

There is something in what Ian has said. Moore seemed to be completely untouchable under Paunovic, he should have been dropped whilst he was fit. We have looked much better without him at the back, less casual.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2021 09:38

Big Q about what happens when Moore is back fit. Esp if Holmes and Dann are as well.

If Dann is fully fit, Middlesboro at home seems the absolute ideal to start with. Pauno is going to have to make some players pretty unhappy all of a sudden with his team selections, Moore hopefully being one of them

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Sep 2021 09:49

Potentially true about Moore being dropped, but as I say elsewhere I don't think Morro has been any better. And it's not like we have a definitely better option. Holmes looked quite dodgy before hsi injury on Saturday. Laurent has another job and can't pull off heroics indefinitely. We're hoping Dann will be that person, but he's not fit yet. And it's Pauno who brougth Dann in probably with that in mind so I wouldn't say there's much luck there, but good planning.

If I was to be calling Pauno lucky with enforced changes it'd be the Rafael change as Southwood has been very solid indeed, got us 2 points against Fulham and seems to be very in tune and comfortable with passing it around the back, which is a large part of Pauno's gameplan. And was that really enforced? And Rafael was fit on Saturday.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Sep 2021 10:04

NathStPaul
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal Forced into action he should have taken weeks ago with Moore's injury.

Typical Ian post, this. Can't just credit the guy. You're still right Ian, he just lucked out, correct?

There is something in what Ian has said. Moore seemed to be completely untouchable under Paunovic, he should have been dropped whilst he was fit. We have looked much better without him at the back, less casual.

Probably. I just think it's telling if people can't, alongside their little 'weren't I right?' snipe, can't give Pauno or the team a little credit. We were excellent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2021 10:17

Millsy Potentially true about Moore being dropped, but as I say elsewhere I don't think Morro has been any better. And it's not like we have a definitely better option. Holmes looked quite dodgy before hsi injury on Saturday. Laurent has another job and can't pull off heroics indefinitely. We're hoping Dann will be that person, but he's not fit yet. And it's Pauno who brougth Dann in probably with that in mind so I wouldn't say there's much luck there, but good planning.

If I was to be calling Pauno lucky with enforced changes it'd be the Rafael change as Southwood has been very solid indeed, got us 2 points against Fulham and seems to be very in tune and comfortable with passing it around the back, which is a large part of Pauno's gameplan. And was that really enforced? And Rafael was fit on Saturday.

Don't think Rafa was fit - he wasn't on the bench. But yes a big call there as well.

I think MM has been better than Moore this year. Not by loads, but a 5/10 rather than a 4.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Sep 2021 10:18

Hound
Millsy Potentially true about Moore being dropped, but as I say elsewhere I don't think Morro has been any better. And it's not like we have a definitely better option. Holmes looked quite dodgy before hsi injury on Saturday. Laurent has another job and can't pull off heroics indefinitely. We're hoping Dann will be that person, but he's not fit yet. And it's Pauno who brougth Dann in probably with that in mind so I wouldn't say there's much luck there, but good planning.

Don't think Rafa was fit - he wasn't on the bench. But yes a big call there as well.

I think MM has been better than Moore this year. Not by loads, but a 5/10 rather than a 4.

I dread to think about the level of uproar if Rafael comes back in for this Saturday, will be brutal. It should never ever happen but I worry Paunovic as a select few who he has 100% trust in, Rafael being one of them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2021 10:22

100% Southwood has to stay in

Could be that the likes of Rino, Moore, Rafael, TDB and Puscas all end up on the bench on Sat. None will to be too chuffed.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Sep 2021 10:31

Sanguine
NathStPaul
Sanguine

Probably. I just think it's telling if people can't, alongside their little 'weren't I right?' snipe, can't give Pauno or the team a little credit. We were excellent.

Are you new here?

Etc
etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 12:25

Sanguine

Why would I credit him for not selecting Moore when he's injured.

Going forward hasn't been a problem. Moore's been awful. Moore gets injured and so does Cabral and defence improves. oxf*rd all to do with Pauno.

And he still failed to make a change we obviously needed until they scored a goal that had been coming for a while.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 12:28

Hound

Yep. Always had faith he'd improve with a decent partner. He's been consistently good in his time here. Moore has been up and down and all over the place.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 12:30

Hound 100% Southwood has to stay in

Could be that the likes of Rino, Moore, Rafael, TDB and Puscas all end up on the bench on Sat. None will to be too chuffed.

Pretty sure Puscas will start. Positive he was intended to on Saturday and it was a late precautionary change.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2021 13:10

Snowflake Royal

Pretty sure Puscas will start. Positive he was intended to on Saturday and it was a late precautionary change.

yeah was just an example really. I'd expect him to start as well. Reckon we'll go something like

Southwood
Yiadom Dann Morrison Baba
Laurent Drinkwater/TDB
Halilovic Swift Ejaria
Puscas

Rafael, Moore, Holmes, Rino, Tetek, Hoilett, DD/TDB.

Still leaving out some big names.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Sep 2021 16:14

Hound
Snowflake Royal

yeah was just an example really. I'd expect him to start as well. Reckon we'll go something like

Southwood
Yiadom Dann Morrison Baba
Laurent Drinkwater/TDB
Halilovic Swift Ejaria
Puscas

Rafael, Moore, Holmes, Rino, Tetek, Hoilett, DD/TDB.

Still leaving out some big names.

No point having three CM’s on the bench IMO - would stick Clarke in for Tetek

Don’t really see the benefits of two CB’s either but I guess Holmes is (incorrectly) viewed as a FB so there’s that

Doesn’t matter how we line up regardless, haven’t beaten Boro since 2015, 9 games since, 1 draw and 8 defeats

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Sep 2021 16:16

NathStPaul
Sanguine

Don’t think it’s just Moore, he’s an easy culprit but agree with the sentiment that he is fairly untouchable even at his worst

Still remember when Morrison and McIntyre formed a fairly solid duo between them last season and Moore was brought straight back into the team - thought that was a poor decision

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Sep 2021 18:09

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Sanguine

Don’t think it’s just Moore, he’s an easy culprit but agree with the sentiment that he is fairly untouchable even at his worst

Still remember when Morrison and McIntyre formed a fairly solid duo between them last season and Moore was brought straight back into the team - thought that was a poor decision

Got a feeling McIntyre got injured though just as Moore was coming back a

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2021 21:12

Sanguine We're a stupid late QPR equaliser from being a tidy 9th in the table and a point off the playoff places. That's some context.

These kind of comments are a bit daft.

What about the last minute save from Southwood to earn us all 3 when in 9/10 games they would have scored?

Football is a game of small margins, we are where we deserve to be.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Sep 2021 21:14

Agree we’re where we deserve to be as most teams generally are

Guess it’s human nature to think of ‘what if’ and focus on the what might have beens. Esp true when all our games except Huddersfield have been so close

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Sep 2021 21:21

Hound Esp true when all our games except Huddersfield have been so close

I’m still getting PTSD Houndy.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Sep 2021 21:42

Dann had no preseason according to Pauno. Has some catching up to do to be match fit. After next international break perhaps.

205 posts