BFTG - Fulham

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2021 12:08

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Are you going to buy me dinner?

Come to Paris. I'd treat you right x

I'm going to book a holiday at the start of October today actually.

Oooh what are your options?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Sep 2021 12:47

Hoilett’s run for the first goal is easy to overlook, but it sucks Fulham’s defence over to their left, gives Swift a little bit more time and in turn gives Ejaria enough time to get the shot away. Without that run, I don’t think we score.

Halilovic is starting to look a clear upgrade on Aluko, I wouldn’t have him ahead of Meite but he’s clearly got something.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2021 12:52

SCIAG Hoilett’s run for the first goal is easy to overlook, but it sucks Fulham’s defence over to their left, gives Swift a little bit more time and in turn gives Ejaria enough time to get the shot away. Without that run, I don’t think we score.

Halilovic is starting to look a clear upgrade on Aluko, I wouldn’t have him ahead of Meite but he’s clearly got something.

Agree.

I also think if that break is reversed to the left, we don't score. I don't think Ejaria would run it and release the way Halilovic did and I doubt Halilovic would have bent such a peach into the far corner.

Ejaria's probably the only player on the pitch who could semi-control that awkward flicked ball from Halilovic into a turn and goal too.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 19 Sep 2021 16:46

blythspartan A great performance, I wish I had been there. My Fulham supporting mate reckoned Ovie was the best player on the pitch and said, yes, they had many more chances and more of the ball but thought we deserved the win.

I love it when Reading win. Even the dog seemed happier today on his walk to get the Sunday newspapers.

Why do you make your dog go and get the papers?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Sep 2021 17:38

JedMaxwell
blythspartan A great performance, I wish I had been there. My Fulham supporting mate reckoned Ovie was the best player on the pitch and said, yes, they had many more chances and more of the ball but thought we deserved the win.

I love it when Reading win. Even the dog seemed happier today on his walk to get the Sunday newspapers.

To be fair, if I could get my dog trained to do it, I'd do it, just for the laugh

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Sep 2021 19:50

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal He looked fine to me.

Same, but he didn't exactly move around much did he? He had a job to do which was very important and he did it well. Didn't go on any dribbles or lung busting runs to get into opposition box so it's hard to tell if he is completely fit or not. Probably is though tbf, apparently had a good preseason with Chelski.

He did his job well. Screened, showed for the ball and played simple passes.

What we've lacked for a while. An experienced player who reads the game and makes it look easy. Bring some onfield organisation.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Sep 2021 22:27

JedMaxwell

The newsagents is literally 5 doors away and the owners know him really well. Some dogs like to fetch your slippers but he likes newspapers. What can I say?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2021 23:14

blythspartan
JedMaxwell

The newsagents is literally 5 doors away and the owners know him really well. Some dogs like to fetch your slippers but he likes newspapers. What can I say?

So he’s a news hound?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Sep 2021 07:54

leon
blythspartan
JedMaxwell

So he’s a news hound?

Exactly :D

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Sep 2021 10:40

My first match in person this season, so worth a visit to this thread.

Performance unrecognisable even from midweek against Pompey. Hard pressing, incisive short passing in triangles that actually worked. Halilovic like a man possessed. And Ejaria simply the best I've ever seen him play for the club - in some sense only makes me madder that he doesn't always appear to have that drive and energy. His second goal was absolutely sublime, Bergkamp-esque.

Can't really fault any of the players, and Drinkwater's class was evident with a couple of defence splitting passes. Good to see him on the pitch, albeit still didn't look 100% sharp.

Luke Southwood must surely stay in goal until he earns being dropped.

Swift was the one real standout of the Posh game, and continued his form here. He just seems to have made that step up, starting to look too good for the division.

Finally, was two rows behind Tom McIntyre, who had made his way into the away end on his crutches. Poor guy was recognised by the very drunk chap in front of me, who tapped in on the shoulder for a selfie every ten minutes - always met politely by Tom. And he went as mad as the rest of us when we scored.

Fulham a great away day as ever - even if the Crabtree was a little more subdued than normal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Sep 2021 12:36

Sanguine My first match in person this season, so worth a visit to this thread.

Performance unrecognisable even from midweek against Pompey. Hard pressing, incisive short passing in triangles that actually worked. Halilovic like a man possessed. And Ejaria simply the best I've ever seen him play for the club - in some sense only makes me madder that he doesn't always appear to have that drive and energy. His second goal was absolutely sublime, Bergkamp-esque.

Can't really fault any of the players, and Drinkwater's class was evident with a couple of defence splitting passes. Good to see him on the pitch, albeit still didn't look 100% sharp.

Swift was the one real standout of the Posh game, and continued his form here. He just seems to have made that step up, starting to look too good for the division.

Finally, was two rows behind Tom McIntyre, who had made his way into the away end on his crutches. Poor guy was recognised by the very drunk chap in front of me, who tapped in on the shoulder for a selfie every ten minutes - always met politely by Tom. And he went as mad as the rest of us when we scored.

Fulham a great away day as ever - even if the Crabtree was a little more subdued than normal.

We played Portsmouth in midweek ?
:shock:

Did we win ?
:wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2021 12:49

McIntyre is a dreamboat. If he wasn't made of glass he'd be right up there amongst the longserving quality legend already.

I would love it if he became a fixture and captained us to the PL, just love it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2021 13:00

Franchise FC
Sanguine My first match in person this season, so worth a visit to this thread.

We played Portsmouth in midweek ?
:shock:

Did we win ?
:wink:

Was midweek apparently. I'm guessing it was after the Peterborough game but I can't find the result, maybe behind closed doors?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 14:49

Seven nil :(

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 15:57

SouthDownsRoyal Seven nil :(

Yeah that's quite a heavy defeat, in my opinion.

I think it's time he goes.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jan 2022 16:10

Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal Seven nil :(

Yeah that's quite a heavy defeat, in my opinion.

I think it's time he goes.

Think u are right m8

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Jan 2022 17:16

3 pages. Wow. Surprised this even exists.

I actually enjoyed the first half. Not in a "we might nick a point here" way but it was a good game. Second half I was just incredulous.

I dont even know what to say about it. The team is oxf*rd. I know we've had unprecedented bad luck in both injuries and and ref decisions but I just dont see a way forward. The entire team is out of ideas. If we don't get relegated this season we will next season. There's no management.

Edit: oh this is the last game.. my bad..

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2022 17:23

NewCorkSeth 3 pages. Wow. Surprised this even exists.

I actually enjoyed the first half. Not in a "we might nick a point here" way but it was a good game. Second half I was just incredulous.

I dont even know what to say about it. The team is oxf*rd. I know we've had unprecedented bad luck in both injuries and and ref decisions but I just dont see a way forward. The entire team is out of ideas. If we don't get relegated this season we will next season. There's no management.

Yeah I was actually in a tricky situation, having stated I'd switch to Pauno OUT if the performance was poor but in all fairness I thought we were strong after we went 1-0 down and had a decent pen shout turned down.

Then our shite defending at set pieces and our shite passing around in the box and shite midfield and shite gameplan and shite plan B and everything just all hit at once... more than anything players just completely giving up on Pauno's 'plan' and not bothering to play anymore. Almost like.. all Pauno's flaws all coming out in force at the same time over the whole of the rest of the game to save me from having to justify fencesitting, had we just lost 2-0.