BFTG - Fulham

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Fulham

by Franchise FC » 18 Sep 2021 18:25

In my case, back from the highlights

Ovie’s goals are a thing of beauty. That’s 5 this week that would grace any match :shock:

And Southwood’s save at the end was a worldy

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Fulham

by Zip » 18 Sep 2021 18:27

We have to follow this up and beat Boro next week. Just seen the goals and again they are really well worked and taken. We are scoring high quality goals.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Sep 2021 19:30

Zip We have to follow this up and beat Boro next week. Just seen the goals and again they are really well worked and taken. We are scoring high quality goals.

Boro lost at home to Blackpool. Have looks decent going forward but Watched their game v Forest and they look really vulnerable at the back. But hey this is the Championship.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2021 19:36

Ascotexgunner
Zip We have to follow this up and beat Boro next week. Just seen the goals and again they are really well worked and taken. We are scoring high quality goals.

Boro lost at home to Blackpool. Have looks decent going forward but Watched their game v Forest and they look really vulnerable at the back. But hey this is the Championship.

It`s Middlesbrough, they only need to turn up to beat us, 1 point in the last 9 games. we must be due a win.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Sep 2021 20:36

Watched it live from my hotel in Uzbekistan.

Southwood 8. Very good. Good save or two 2 pointer at the end. seemed always in right place. Not scared to come off line quickly, not scared to jump and catch. Most impressively very good with ball to his feet. Actively encouraging the ball to be played back to him with Fulham pressing high so he could spray it out to the other side. Like an outfield player. Very impressed. Something tells me we'd not have won this without him. Is this the keeper we've been talking about that's worth 6-8 points per season? Time will tell.

Yids 6. I know it's harsh to give average scores after a heroic away win but they seemed to walk passed our fullbacks and chuck crosses in at will all game. He did good stuff though.

Rahman 6 - as per the Yid

Morro 7 solid defensive performance. What we were used to.

Holmes 5.5 I won't be popular with this but he was quite poor in his short stint in the game. Gave the ball away dangerously. N/a would be a fairer score I guess as he didn't play long.

Laurent 8. Just class. To step in as CB and do a good job. Also to get forward from CB. Just brilliant.

Bashiru 7 not a bad game at all. I don't recall but I wonder if he was being marked out as much as Ejaria usually is.

Ejaria 9. And this is what happens when you don't put 4 men on him like everyone else seems to have worked out you need to do. When they do, Swift and Bashiru score. When they don't, he'll destroy you. Brilliant all round performance. Has the emotion of a dead slug when he scores but I don't care. The control he has is world class. That second goal control with his gangly daddy longlegs. Bloody hell. Absolute class.

Swift 8. Solid performance as usual.

Hal 8. I have him a 4 last game saying he's nowhere near championship standard. His ability to pick a pass is just great though. I lost count the number of times he would pass it to a player in a great position. Eg Ejaria's second. Like Swift's goal the other day. Brilliant. Pity he lacks pace, balls, and ALWAYS cuts inside. An enigma.

Hoilett 5. Couple of nice things but I don't know what the point of Hoilett was. In a way Pauno is fortunate we won because had we lost this would have been the main talking point I'm sure. Still, we won so clearly Pauno knew what he was doing.

Subs -

Drinkwater - 7 classy player. Really gave me confidence having him on the pitch.

Puscas and Tetek - n/a I was too busy bricking it to notice too much.

Deserved win, we scored more than they did.

Great run of games for Pauno now with HIS players and it's impressive.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Sep 2021 21:09

I get the feeling with Hoilett he was signed because that's what we thought would be available to us. However, I also get a Charlie Adam vibe with him and think there will be a spell this season where he steps up and wins games for us. He's clearly not a complete duffer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2021 21:32

Think there was plenty of emotion in Ovie after scoring the second

Quite like the miserable git act. Is quite funny when his teammates don’t know how to react

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2021 21:34

Loved that ‘Charlie Adam vibe’

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2021 22:23

Franchise FC In my case, back from the highlights

Ovie’s goals are a thing of beauty. That’s 5 this week that would grace any match :shock:

And Southwood’s save at the end was a worldy

Should have entitled the thread BFTH m8

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 18 Sep 2021 23:22

Millsy Watched it live from my hotel in Uzbekistan.

Southwood 8. Very good. Good save or two 2 pointer at the end. seemed always in right place. Not scared to come off line quickly, not scared to jump and catch. Most impressively very good with ball to his feet. Actively encouraging the ball to be played back to him with Fulham pressing high so he could spray it out to the other side. Like an outfield player. Very impressed. Something tells me we'd not have won this without him. Is this the keeper we've been talking about that's worth 6-8 points per season? Time will tell.

Yids 6. I know it's harsh to give average scores after a heroic away win but they seemed to walk passed our fullbacks and chuck crosses in at will all game. He did good stuff though.

Holmes 5.5 I won't be popular with this but he was quite poor in his short stint in the game. Gave the ball away dangerously. N/a would be a fairer score I guess as he didn't play long.

Laurent 8. Just class. To step in as CB and do a good job. Also to get forward from CB. Just brilliant.

Bashiru 7 not a bad game at all. I don't recall but I wonder if he was being marked out as much as Ejaria usually is.

Ejaria 9. And this is what happens when you don't put 4 men on him like everyone else seems to have worked out you need to do. When they do, Swift and Bashiru score. When they don't, he'll destroy you. Brilliant all round performance. Has the emotion of a dead slug when he scores but I don't care. The control he has is world class. That second goal control with his gangly daddy longlegs. Bloody hell. Absolute class.

Hal 8. I have him a 4 last game saying he's nowhere near championship standard. His ability to pick a pass is just great though. I lost count the number of times he would pass it to a player in a great position. Eg Ejaria's second. Like Swift's goal the other day. Brilliant. Pity he lacks pace, balls, and ALWAYS cuts inside. An enigma.

Hoilett 5. Couple of nice things but I don't know what the point of Hoilett was. In a way Pauno is fortunate we won because had we lost this would have been the main talking point I'm sure. Still, we won so clearly Pauno knew what he was doing.

Subs -

Drinkwater - 7 classy player. Really gave me confidence having him on the pitch.

Harsh on Hoilett, thought he was decent, did surprisingly well holding it up, often finding space or coming short to get the ball and lay another pass off. Did well to relieve the pressure.

biff

by biff » 19 Sep 2021 00:10

Back in. Smashed, I Loved this club, 10s all round

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Sep 2021 00:28

Hound Think there was plenty of emotion in Ovie after scoring the second

Quite like the miserable git act. Is quite funny when his teammates don’t know how to react

Lots of smiles from him today. Great to see.
Five of of our signings have already made a positive impact. If only we can stem the injuries this might be a much better season than we expected.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Sep 2021 03:50

lightning strikes
Harsh on Hoilett, thought he was decent, did surprisingly well holding it up, often finding space or coming short to get the ball and lay another pass off. Did well to relieve the pressure.

He did good stuff sure. Certainly appreciated his professional foul when they were on a dangerous break.

Nowhere near the performance to convincingly justify ousting poor Puscas though IMO. Probably why I'm being harsh on him.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 19 Sep 2021 06:54

Subs -

What are you up to in Uzbekistan?

What’s the rhythm and pulse like?

How much is a pint?

How much is a fry up?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 19 Sep 2021 08:03

St Pauli

Subs -

What are you up to in Uzbekistan?

What’s the rhythm and pulse like?

How much is a pint?

How much is a fry up?

I find that a full, all day English breakfast (with a pint) always tastes better abroad.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Sep 2021 08:38

I think we played Fulham at the right time. They tend to become more consistent from February onwards.

Still won which was superb and not many sides will beat Fulham away this season with a cracking away performance.

We really needed the rub of the green after the bad luck we've had with decisions and not getting 3 points against QPR.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 19 Sep 2021 09:00

The support was amazing .well done no 13.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 Sep 2021 09:22

A great performance, I wish I had been there. My Fulham supporting mate reckoned Ovie was the best player on the pitch and said, yes, they had many more chances and more of the ball but thought we deserved the win.

I love it when Reading win. Even the dog seemed happier today on his walk to get the Sunday newspapers.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Sep 2021 09:38

I'm just delighted. It wasn't even a smash and grab away performance, we looked good in several spells. Yes Fulham missed an awful lot but they were frequently exposed and for a team that is missing a key core of players we looked shockingly settled.

Can only imagine our performances when Meite, Joao, Rinomhota, Azeez and TMac are back. Insanity. The competition for the right wing will be tasty if Halilovic keeps improving game to game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2021 09:43

Zip
Hound Think there was plenty of emotion in Ovie after scoring the second

Lots of smiles from him today. Great to see.
Five of of our signings have already made a positive impact. If only we can stem the injuries this might be a much better season than we expected.

We're still on more than an injury a game aren't we?

We'll be playing:

.........................CBC
Sackey, Abbey, Stickland, Bristow
...................Tetek, Osario
Leavy......Ehibhationham,....Camara
.........................Clarke

By Xmas.