MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

157 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Middlesbrough (h)

by Hound » 21 Sep 2021 16:48

NathStPaul The Warnock hate is weird and quite childish tbh. He is a great character and a great Football League manager. The game will be far poorer when he retires.

I actually like him. Proper pantomime villain. Obvs he is a complete and utter bellend but thats part of the fun

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2021 16:58

Morrison injured. All four centre backs could be out on Saturday

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2021 17:19

Zip Morrison injured. All four centre backs could be out on Saturday

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Sep 2021 17:26

Five if you include McIntyre

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Sep 2021 17:48

Michael Stickland the U23 captain is a centre back and was on the bench last weekend. Any chance Pauno will start him or do we think he will play a couple of out of position players at CB?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 21 Sep 2021 18:01

I would expect the Dann will be thrown into the mix for this one, and will be partnered by Laurent after the great job he did on Saturday. Saying that i would have no problem with Stickland being given a go. The academy lads have done us proud and i'm sure this fella has what it takes to step up.
I'm pretty sure Yiadom has played centre back in the past as well, but shifting him then only moves the problem to right back.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Sep 2021 18:19

Hound
NathStPaul The Warnock hate is weird and quite childish tbh. He is a great character and a great Football League manager. The game will be far poorer when he retires.

I actually like him. Proper pantomime villain. Obvs he is a complete and utter bellend but thats part of the fun

Exactly, you need that figure of hate in the game. He plays on it and has built a brand out of it. Seems like a nice chap when you see him on Soccer Saturday etc, good storyteller etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2021 18:30

Crowbar6753 I would expect the Dann will be thrown into the mix for this one, and will be partnered by Laurent after the great job he did on Saturday. Saying that i would have no problem with Stickland being given a go. The academy lads have done us proud and i'm sure this fella has what it takes to step up.
I'm pretty sure Yiadom has played centre back in the past as well, but shifting him then only moves the problem to right back.

Dann if fit
Yiadom if Rino fit
Stickland
Laurent

That would probably be my order of preference.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Sep 2021 18:35

URZZZZ

I think he was including McIntyre but not Dann, who it is easy to forget exists.

Add Dorsett being out on loan and Abbey injured and things look very bleak - our first seven centre backs all unavailable. I don’t think Stickland is good enough but needs must.

Suspect we’re looking at Stickland and Laurent, barring an unexpected recovery. Options 8 and 9. Or it could be Yiadom and Laurent with Rino at right back. Imari Samuels likely to be on the bench.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Sep 2021 18:36

Reckon Rafael could put in a shift at CB.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Sep 2021 18:46

SCIAG
URZZZZ

I think he was including McIntyre but not Dann, who it is easy to forget exists.

Add Dorsett being out on loan and Abbey injured and things look very bleak - our first seven centre backs all unavailable. I don’t think Stickland is good enough but needs must.

Suspect we’re looking at Stickland and Laurent, barring an unexpected recovery. Options 8 and 9. Or it could be Yiadom and Laurent with Rino at right back. Imari Samuels likely to be on the bench.

Correct. I had not included Dann as he is not injured. Is Rino even fit for Saturday?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Sep 2021 19:49

I’m expecting either Moore or Holmes to be fit, neither have major injuries although it might mean them coming back a little sooner than ideal.
Would like to understand what the situation is with Dann. He must have an injury. There is no way after several weeks at the club he can’t be fit enough to play. If he needed match fitness then he would have played in one of the u23 games.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Sep 2021 10:23

NathStPaul
Hound

Exactly, you need that figure of hate in the game. He plays on it and has built a brand out of it. Seems like a nice chap when you see him on Soccer Saturday etc, good storyteller etc.

Yes he is a great pantomime villain but his tactics are from a bygone age, just watch the game against Leeds when he was manager, he sent that team out to kick us off the park. I have never seen a team throw in so many dangerous tackles how Brown was not sent off for putting poor old Karajan in hospital I will never no.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Sep 2021 11:27

Jackson Corner
NathStPaul
Hound

Yes he is a great pantomime villain but his tactics are from a bygone age, just watch the game against Leeds when he was manager, he sent that team out to kick us off the park. I have never seen a team throw in so many dangerous tackles how Brown was not sent off for putting poor old Karajan in hospital I will never no.

I like Warnock. Yes his tactics are from the stone age. Yes his tactics are limited. His teams are over aggressive at times. But by hell, he fires up his team. Gets a proper team spirit, fight for every point, something that we had missed for seasons!
He knows how to get a reaction from the oppo bench, he wants to win he wants to rattle and be abrasive on match days. He is in the wars with the team.
But outside those games you see him commenting on football things he isn't involved with, he comes across alright, usually compliments Reading if given the chance.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Sep 2021 17:08

Warnock comes over as a nice bloke, but in reality he is a really nasty piece of work on so many different levels...............

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire personally.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Sep 2021 17:12

Mr Angry Warnock comes over as a nice bloke, but in reality he is a really nasty piece of work on so many different levels...............

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire personally.

Care to back this up with some facts? Or is it just personal opinion?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2021 19:30

Yeah I hear ya. Except he's a pcunt.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Sep 2021 19:34

Millsy

Who isn't?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2021 19:35

NathStPaul
Millsy

Who isn't?

Me.

I'm a nice chap.

It's everyone else who's wrong and a pcunt.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Sep 2021 19:36

Southwood

Yiadom
Dann
Laurent
Rahman

Drinkwater
Rinomhota or Tetek (depending on who is fit)

Ejaria
Swift
Dele-Bashiru

Puscas

Subs

Rafael
Strickland
Hoilett
Halilovic
Clarke
Ehibhatiomhan
Tetek (if Rinomhota fit)