Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Stranded » 23 Sep 2021 08:22

Simmops
Stranded
Simmops They're utter bells though

Don't like them or the show, do your own.

I can easily . Its talking into a mic how hard can it be?

I can speak from experience as one of the presenters of the first, or at least the first popular Reading podcast - you can blame us for Adie Williams' media career if you want - but if you think all that is invloved is chatting in to a mic - knock yourself out - I look forward to your first show.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 08:24

Please, please do not encourage that.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Sep 2021 08:33

Stranded
Simmops
Stranded
Don't like them or the show, do your own.

I can easily . Its talking into a mic how hard can it be?

I can speak from experience as one of the presenters of the first, or at least the first popular Reading podcast - you can blame us for Adie Williams' media career if you want - but if you think all that is invloved is chatting in to a mic - knock yourself out - I look forward to your first show.

Done. Will record and will be an absolutely Piece of piss. I will email some famous people and get with some of my contacts to get guests on the show. I can get ossie ardilies on easily enough.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Sep 2021 08:34

Simmops
Stranded
Simmops I can easily . Its talking into a mic how hard can it be?

Done. Will record and will be an absolutely Piece of piss. I will email some famous people and get with some of my contacts to get guests on the show. I can get ossie ardilies on easily enough.

I look forward to The Simmops Experience being snapped up by Spotify

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Sep 2021 08:36

on the subject of podcasts, I listened to the Price Of Football one this morning as it was about our points deduction. Jesus ****ing christ it was bad. Your man on there just spent 15 minutes waffling, saying absolutely nothing, apart from claiming John Madejski was dead.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 08:39

Winston Biscuit on the subject of podcasts, I listened to the Price Of Football one this morning as it was about our points deduction. Jesus ****ing christ it was bad. Your man on there just spent 15 minutes waffling, saying absolutely nothing, apart from claiming John Madejski was dead.

I have found this to be an issue with a lot of football podcasts, it tends to be just pointless waffle to fill an hour with a few blokes laughing at eachothers jokes. Think the only one I liked was the Peter Crouch podcast which was genuinely funny a lot of the time.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Sep 2021 08:42

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit on the subject of podcasts, I listened to the Price Of Football one this morning as it was about our points deduction. Jesus ****ing christ it was bad. Your man on there just spent 15 minutes waffling, saying absolutely nothing, apart from claiming John Madejski was dead.

I have found this to be an issue with a lot of football podcasts, it tends to be just pointless waffle to fill an hour with a few blokes laughing at eachothers jokes. Think the only one I liked was the Peter Crouch podcast which was genuinely funny a lot of the time.

that is why mine will be so much better then the rest. do you want to come on and we can also talk about wrestling?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Sep 2021 08:43

NathStPaul

The ones I listen to each week are Football Weekly, On The Continent, Quickly Kevin, and then some other loosely football related ones.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Sep 2021 08:51

I'm all for the Simmops pod* if only for giving him a platform to fully explain** about his presentation to the football authorities on VAR***

*I'm not
**He won't

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Sep 2021 08:58

Silver Fox I'm all for the Simmops pod* if only for giving him a platform to fully explain** about his presentation to the football authorities on VAR***

*I'm not
**He won't

yes it did :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2021 09:04

Dai Brainbocs Genuinely baffled by the idea punishments for breaking written rules which clubs have signed up to should be negotiable.

Problem is the EFL have made them negotiable and also inconsistent. I’d be very very surprised if a number of teams haven’t broken the 39m limit but few have been punished

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2021 09:08

The silence from the club is very poor. Nothing when we were going through the player embargo. Nothing now. Really not good enough. As fans we are just left in the dark.

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 23 Sep 2021 09:09

So clubs which can best withstand a fine can find some cash down the back of the sofa and keep more points, and those which can't have to run a bigger risk of relegation. Bonkers.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 09:09

Zip The silence from the club is very poor. Nothing when we were going through the player embargo. Nothing now. Really not good enough. As fans we are just left in the dark.

I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2021 09:15

NathStPaul
Zip The silence from the club is very poor. Nothing when we were going through the player embargo. Nothing now. Really not good enough. As fans we are just left in the dark.

I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

Yeah, I guess they're waiting for something more official before commenting. Would be nice for them to acknowledge it, but can understand why they're waiting.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 09:17

Hendo
NathStPaul

Yeah, I guess they're waiting for something more official before commenting. Would be nice for them to acknowledge it, but can understand why they're waiting.

Might be a lawyer thing? Club could have been advised to say nothing during the investigation stage as it could affect the outcome.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 23 Sep 2021 09:21

when is the judgement expected?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2021 09:22

LUX when is the judgement expected?

Not known.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2021 09:23

NathStPaul

I’d like to hear from the owner reaffirming his commitment to the club.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2021 09:25

NathStPaul
Hendo
NathStPaul I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

Might be a lawyer thing? Club could have been advised to say nothing during the investigation stage as it could affect the outcome.

Could well be.

776 posts