Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 09:35

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip The silence from the club is very poor. Nothing when we were going through the player embargo. Nothing now. Really not good enough. As fans we are just left in the dark.

I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

I’d like to hear from the owner reaffirming his commitment to the club.

Aren't these sorts of statements pretty pointless though? We hear footballers and managers all the time reaffirming their commitment to things and then changing their mind weeks later. I agree we need to hear something but I'd like some actual substance, a proper plan drawn up that he or his representitives can put forward outlining the next 5 years or something like that. I think a generic statement from the owner would do more harm than good right now, leave more questions than answers.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 23 Sep 2021 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2021 09:36

Annoying as this is we have to remember rules and punishments like this are ultimately here to protect us.

When cops stopped me years ago for not having my safety belt on I thanked them.

Unless of course we think this is some sort of scheme to keep the elite and the up-and-coming clubs forever separate. But I don't think so.

Rather this than some dodgy owner completely bankrupts us.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Sep 2021 09:41

When is Simmops podcast being released?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2021 09:41

Not sure why the club would send a statement out on a single rumour by a journo

I guess their previous statement still holds true until this changes

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Sep 2021 09:48

I can see the merit in FFP if it is to protect a football club from going to the wall due to the incompetency or worse of poorly administered clubs, to protect what should be viewed as an asset of a town or city, and to protect the heritage for future generations, but if the owner is wealthy and can support these debts and makes it 100% certain the club itself isn’t saddled with this debt, it is their personal responsibility so if they walked away those debts are cleared and not connected to the club, what is the difference between this “financial doping” and what has happened in football and life generally since year dot, some clubs/people have more money than others, that’s life.

The real question for me has always been why would a wealthy Chinese businessmen be willing to chuck £100m down the pan on a second division football club, what are their real intentions or motives. I can sort of understand a Russian pumping half a billion in to a west London football club if it helps him become part of the establishment, and not target practice, but an unfashionable second division club…..

That said, we appear to have massively breached the regulations that are in place and will have to take our punishment accordingly on the chin and get our house back in order. At least the win at the weekend encourages me that even with a points deduction we could realistically still stay up this season. Before the weekend, I would have been a lot more pessimistic.

As others have said, the tumbleweed from the club all through the embargoes and the latest rumblings, is all a bit concerning.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Sep 2021 09:52

Hound Not sure why the club would send a statement out on a single rumour by a journo

I guess their previous statement still holds true until this changes

The club have not denied the rumour which has been reported throughout the national press. We are beholden to Yongge which has always been a concern. He could pull the plug at any time and plunge us into administration. His track record of club ownership doesn’t help ease concerns.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Sep 2021 09:54

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

Aren't these sorts of statements pretty pointless though? We hear footballers and managers all the time reaffirming their commitment to things and then changing their mind weeks later. I agree we need to hear something but I'd like some actual substance, a proper plan drawn up that he or his representitives can put forward outlining the next 5 years or something like that. I think a generic statement from the owner would do more harm than good right now, leave more questions than answers.

Dear Reading fans,

I, the owner of your beloved club, am fully committed to the club at the time of making this statement.

If there are no further questions. *leaves room whistling*

Cheers,
Dai

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 09:56

Stranded
NathStPaul
Zip

Dear Reading fans,

I, the owner of your beloved club, am fully committed to the club at the time of making this statement.

Cheers,
Dai

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2021 10:01

Stranded
NathStPaul
Zip

Dear Reading fans,

Cheers,
Dai

Another thing is, if the owner did come out and give a statement saying he was committed, there would be a bunch of fans saying things along the lines of "does he really mean it?" or "he is only saying that because we asked for it" - club won't win.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Sep 2021 10:08

well, it hasn't happened yet, are we seriously expecting the owner to make a statement on the back of a rumour in the press? i fully anticipate a statement from the club once the action has been taken against us, not before.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Sep 2021 10:08

Hendo
Stranded
NathStPaul Aren't these sorts of statements pretty pointless though? We hear footballers and managers all the time reaffirming their commitment to things and then changing their mind weeks later. I agree we need to hear something but I'd like some actual substance, a proper plan drawn up that he or his representitives can put forward outlining the next 5 years or something like that. I think a generic statement from the owner would do more harm than good right now, leave more questions than answers.

Dear Reading fans,

Cheers,
Dai

Another thing is, if the owner did come out and give a statement saying he was committed, there would be a bunch of fans saying things along the lines of "does he really mean it?" or "he is only saying that because we asked for it" - club won't win.

See the last time the club commented after everyone was moaning.
"WHY DON'T WE HEAR FROM THE CLUB?!"
*Club releases statement*
"WELL THAT DIDN'T TELL US ANYTHING!!!!"

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2021 10:09

Millsy
Linden Jones' Tash
Snowflake Royal Its never been fees. It's always wages. Always. Always

This.

and it is why I am always infuriated at modern footballer's wages being quoted on a per week basis...

I know it's a throwback to when working men were actually paid at the end of the week for their shifts, but subliminally it reduces the impact of these astronomical figures and numbs people to the actual sums being paid out for Championship football...

it would be better if we said Liam Moore is on at least £1.8M a year (feel free to correct the actual figure - I just took the often cited £35k a week X 52 weeks) plus there must be bonuses etc...

A wage bill of £40M a year on revenue of £17M should make it obvious to most people

Tbf I don't think there's a person in the country who can't work out that several thousand pounds per week is astronomical

It's a bit like space. Tell me all you like how it's hundreds of miles from one end of the milky way to tother other and I'll just shrug my shoulders and say "urgh, that's a lot".

Functional innumeracy (sp?) Is huge

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Sep 2021 10:13

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Stranded
Dear Reading fans,

Cheers,
Dai

Well, quite.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Sep 2021 10:23

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman
Hendo

Well, quite.

I always ask people who are desperate to hear from the owner what it is they want to hear. Seemingly they just want to hear anything, they want empty words. Why? What does that achieve?
Once the EFL approved Dai Yongge and he took over the guy can do and say whatever he pleases, it is his club. If our supporters feel that strongly about his mismanagement then do something about it other than just demanding a statement.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Sep 2021 10:24

SouthDownsRoyal When is Simmops podcast being released?

Think his first one is dedicated to the success or failure of Club1871 - cant wait to hear that one as still waiting on views.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Sep 2021 11:09

NathStPaul
Zip
NathStPaul I guess they know about as much as we do and are waiting for the full judgement from the EFL before coming out and fronting it up. I think there should be some sort of dialogue though, at least something addressing the supporters concerns.

Agreed. Some people wouldn't be happy even if Dai came on the pitch after the game beating his fist on the club badge and roaring like a lion. Or if we lose the game hurling his shirt down a la Bikey.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Sep 2021 11:13

It's probably for the best that the Dais keep a fairly low profile around the club, usually the ones who puff out their chest usually have it come back to bite them. Remember when Mike Ashley would watch Newcastle games in the stands?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 23 Sep 2021 11:14

The bills are getting paid as far as we know, that’s the main thing, and I don’t need to see a picture of Mr Dai’s bedroom with Kingsley duvet cover, lampshade and curtains to demonstrate his love of the club, but the occasional appearance or interview wouldn’t go a amiss.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Sep 2021 11:56

paultheroyal

Think his first one is dedicated to the success or failure of Club1871 - cant wait to hear that one as still waiting on views.

Still rent free in your head I see?

Club 1871 Is a widely regarded failure and the Club are actively looking to get get. No coincidence since it was introduced we have now received a points deduction possibly and have gone through money issues

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Sep 2021 12:05

Simmops
paultheroyal

Still rent free in your head I see?

Club 1871 Is a widely regarded failure and the Club are actively looking to get get. No coincidence since it was introduced we have now received a points deduction possibly and have gone through money issues

Amazing insight. Club 1891 caused financial mismanagement.

776 posts