Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Sep 2021 23:44

What do we think points wise as a deduction

Will it be 9? Or a chance of it being 6?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Sep 2021 23:51

Who cares?

On current form, we will at least make the play-offs.

Great stuff from our current scratch team.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Sep 2021 00:03

loyalroyal4life What do we think points wise as a deduction

Greater fear is that owners lose interest in funding a money pit after having their knuckles rapped.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2021 00:42

A 6 point deduction with a further 3 suspended

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2021 01:56

They'll wait till the end of the season. If 6 isn't enough to relegate us it'll be 9. If 9 doesn't relegate us it'll be 12. Basically just the right number of points to get us relegated so they need to wait a bit. No point doing 6 if we stay safe. I believe they can go up to a maximum of 72 points but they don't often deduct that much.

Rax

by Rax » 26 Sep 2021 02:23

paultheroyal So, in summary - is this all at the door of Ron Gourlay, was it the excessive contracts during his tenure that was the downfall.

Owners naïve etc but Gourlay was the one?

Absolutely, Ron Gormless is a cancer to every club he appears at - expect WBA to be fooked in 3 years if they don;t go up!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Sep 2021 04:20

Millsy

They'll wait till the end of the season. If 6 isn't enough to relegate us it'll be 9. If 9 doesn't relegate us it'll be 12. Basically just the right number of points to get us relegated so they need to wait a bit. No point doing 6 if we stay safe. I believe they can go up to a maximum of 72 points but they don't often deduct that much.

This is what pxxxxd me off when Birmingham had there 9 point deduction, they were in the top ten with the deduction they were comfortably clear of the relegation zone. For it to be a punishment it should have been at the start of of the following season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Sep 2021 06:32

Jackson Corner
Millsy

This is what pxxxxd me off when Birmingham had there 9 point deduction, they were in the top ten with the deduction they were comfortably clear of the relegation zone. For it to be a punishment it should have been at the start of of the following season.

The punishment is the deduction.

It took them from an outside chance of the play-offs and the riches of the PL to just a mid table club. Relegatiin isn't the only form of punishment.

On current form, a deduction may have the same impact on us, as if 9 pts we are likely to need 82pts to make the top 6 - unlikely. With this squad, it feels like relegation shouldn't be a concern.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Sep 2021 06:40

I just realised we have won the last 3 games. 1 win is 3 points so 3×3=9.

If we get 9 points deducted then those 3 wins get taken away

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2021 06:50

Simmops I just realised we have won the last 3 games. 1 win is 3 points so 3×3=9.

It doesn’t work like that.
We can pick which games get taken away. I hear we are opting to lose the wins home and away against Bournemouth and away at WBA.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Sep 2021 08:08

Nameless
Simmops I just realised we have won the last 3 games. 1 win is 3 points so 3×3=9.

We can pick which games get taken away. I hear we are opting to lose the wins home and away against Bournemouth and away at WBA.

Is that true? So we don't have to play them?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Sep 2021 08:11

Nameless

Shouldn't we look at giving up one if the Birmingham games? Or Swansea?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2021 09:45

NewCorkSeth
Nameless

Niet Sethmondo. Niet
We have just beaten one of our bogey sides in Boro. We will best these two as well.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Sep 2021 09:50

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Nameless

Niet Sethmondo. Niet
We have just beaten one of our bogey sides in Boro. We will best these two as well.

Fair.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2021 10:38

Rax
paultheroyal So, in summary - is this all at the door of Ron Gourlay, was it the excessive contracts during his tenure that was the downfall.

Owners naïve etc but Gourlay was the one?

Absolutely, Ron Gormless is a cancer to every club he appears at - expect WBA to be fooked in 3 years if they don;t go up!

No. Gourlay didn’t work in isolation. The owners appointed and oversaw him. For several key points they were the decision makers and they did little to tidy up the mess after him until actively forced to by the FL.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Sep 2021 12:06

The Sky pundits seemed to indicate the deduction was a given and probably imminent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2021 12:23

PieEater The Sky pundits seemed to indicate the deduction was a given and probably imminent.

Goodman actually said he hoped it would be a 106 point deduction, applied every year from now until the end of the world. He also wanted us stripped of every point we had gained since 1871 and to lose the right to not change our shirts in the event of a clash.
He’s never liked us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Sep 2021 09:46

In terms of the punishment we do get, the problem for the EFL is that 9 is the maximum.

When Derby get the 9, having got a much longer list of misdemeanours (including trying to cover up their wrong doing and not co-operating with the Authorities), then what signal does it give out to everyone else if we got the same punishment despite not behaving anywhere near as appallingly as Derby?

I suspect we will get a 6 point deduction with 3 suspended for a number of Years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2021 09:56

I'm also going for the 6 + 3 suspended

Really hope some clarity is also given on whether that is a slate wiping punishment as well

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Sep 2021 10:02

Hound I'm also going for the 6 + 3 suspended

Really hope some clarity is also given on whether that is a slate wiping punishment as well

If we're required to submit a business plan, my guess is that it's pretty stringent. If we follow that without any more breaches, I presume we're in the clear. My guess is that it would be a 3 year plan, but not sure.

776 posts