BFTG - Boro Home

124 posts
Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Boro Home

by Jack Celliers » 27 Sep 2021 21:27

paultheroyal
Mr Angry The referee's report into the red card incident would make interesting reading!

IMHO the red card wasn't for Crook's initial challenge; it was because once it was clear that Southwood had the ball, Crooks, despite seeing that, continued to try to get to it and ended up sticking his foot into Southwood's chest - endangering the opponent = red card.

This picture shows that:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... h-red-card

Goodman has never liked Reading, so his opinion about any incident is always that our opponents (whoever they are) should have had the decision go their way.

Glad you said that because from a refereeing perspective that’s exactly what I saw. He definitely continues to push and twist that leg in. Total unnatural movement in that situation, had intent, red card. If reported as such it won’t be overturned.

That's what I saw as well from a hundred yards away. The Sky replay stops in the middle of that extra movement, so it left me wondering if I was imagining things, so it is good to see your two posts.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was overturned - red cards aren't that fashionable at the moment - but if won't rob me of the sheer enjoyment of watching a Warnock player getting a red card on Saturday.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Sep 2021 23:12

Jack Celliers
paultheroyal
Mr Angry The referee's report into the red card incident would make interesting reading!

IMHO the red card wasn't for Crook's initial challenge; it was because once it was clear that Southwood had the ball, Crooks, despite seeing that, continued to try to get to it and ended up sticking his foot into Southwood's chest - endangering the opponent = red card.

This picture shows that:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... h-red-card

Goodman has never liked Reading, so his opinion about any incident is always that our opponents (whoever they are) should have had the decision go their way.

Glad you said that because from a refereeing perspective that’s exactly what I saw. He definitely continues to push and twist that leg in. Total unnatural movement in that situation, had intent, red card. If reported as such it won’t be overturned.

That's what I saw as well from a hundred yards away. The Sky replay stops in the middle of that extra movement, so it left me wondering if I was imagining things, so it is good to see your two posts.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was overturned - red cards aren't that fashionable at the moment - but if won't rob me of the sheer enjoyment of watching a Warnock player getting a red card on Saturday.

The key is that the studs were up and could have serious damage. It was a red.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Sep 2021 14:11

Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers
paultheroyal

The red card has now been overturned on appeal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2021 17:26

Sutekh
Ascotexgunner
Jack Celliers

Great, so the only one of us who should have a scooby doo is completely wrong.

What hope do the rest of us have if Paul can't call it right. Although I didn’t think much of his reasoning, it didn’t make me any less wrong either apparently.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2021 17:54

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Ascotexgunner

What hope do the rest of us have if Paul can't call it right. Although I didn’t think much of his reasoning, it didn’t make me any less wrong either apparently.

Football refereeing is mostly opinion, not fact. You only used to be able to appeal on the basis of mistaken identity but now you do it in the hope that someone watching under no pressure, from multiple angles, comes to a different opinion to the man tasked with doing the job. The fact that there is no real citing process to deal with offences not punished makes it all most unsatisfactory.
Paul didn’t get it wrong, his opinion was just different to someone with more status. Their opinion overrides everyone else but it’s no less an opinion.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 28 Sep 2021 21:02

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Football refereeing is mostly opinion, not fact. You only used to be able to appeal on the basis of mistaken identity but now you do it in the hope that someone watching under no pressure, from multiple angles, comes to a different opinion to the man tasked with doing the job. The fact that there is no real citing process to deal with offences not punished makes it all most unsatisfactory.
Paul didn’t get it wrong, his opinion was just different to someone with more status. Their opinion overrides everyone else but it’s no less an opinion.

There are fashions in refereeing. The realisation from the summer that the English refs are the worst in Europe has prompted a knee-jerk reaction and letting things go is currently all the rage. It has led to some great football and we still got to see a red card, so I'm not too disgruntled.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Sep 2021 07:49

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Ascotexgunner

You are just relentless aren’t you? Being made to think it’s me, but Christ here you go again. My reasoning was more than fair, it’s an opinion and I will stand by it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Sep 2021 08:05

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

You are just relentless aren’t you? Being made to think it’s me, but Christ here you go again. My reasoning was more than fair, it’s an opinion and I will stand by it.

You should hand in your whistle immediately.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2021 09:34

Christ Paul, take a day off. People are allowed to have different opinions to you, you hypersensitive clown.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Sep 2021 09:52

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Sep 2021 09:55

Ian and Paul are having the beef of the year. It is almost daily.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Sep 2021 10:45

Snowflake Royal Christ Paul, take a day off. People are allowed to have different opinions to you, you hypersensitive clown.

I am reacting to you, absolute bell end. Its continual, you dont stop. Every post, every comment, bang, its the IanRoyal show.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Sep 2021 11:51

Honestly chaps - this is like watching a fight between two of the Village People.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2021 11:51

Hendo

I never throw a tantrum because someone makes a passing comment about disagreeing with me.

In fact, I never have a problem with anybody disagreeing with me.

Paul's I'm relentless bullshit relates to about 5 posts in about 4 weeks, one of which wasn't even directed at him or about him.

Which is ironic because he's been dishing it out at me playing man instead of ball for years.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Sep 2021 11:54

leon Honestly chaps - this is like watching a fight between two of the Village People.

I see Ian as the leather guy. Paul as the construction worker.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Sep 2021 11:55

It's a solid look TBF.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Sep 2021 11:58

leon

It's a solid look TBF.

Paul's definitely the cowboy.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Sep 2021 12:05

Come on, who doesnt like YMCA. Although "in the Navy" was another classic.

Again, apologies, i wont bite in future. If he chooses to follow me around that can be his doing.

Anyway, great win on Saturday, I absolutely detest Derby, so 3 points will be fab tonight and something we can all agree on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2021 12:19

Something we can agree on. YMCA is a classic.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Sep 2021 12:33

Go West has one of the best intros of all time.

124 posts