MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a)

206 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a)

by paultheroyal » 28 Sep 2021 11:53

In the battle of the naughty boys - looks like this match is going to sell out!!!!!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Sep 2021 12:44

paultheroyal In the battle of the naughty boys - looks like this match is going to sell out!!!!!

I've seen on the Derby forum that they're really pushing to fill the ground, convincing friends and relatives to come down, paying for tickets for people who can't afford them.

While I don't necessarily think the EFL deserve our ire due to them enforcing their rules over our own overspending, it would be funny to hear a packed Pride Park chanting "oxf*rd the EFL" from both the home and away ends.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Sep 2021 12:51

CountryRoyal Genuinely don’t know if I should go to this now with all the selfish petrol stockpiling vvankers.

There is a train back, albeit pretty rotten via London...oh so very tempting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2021 12:59

tidus_mi2
paultheroyal In the battle of the naughty boys - looks like this match is going to sell out!!!!!

I've seen on the Derby forum that they're really pushing to fill the ground, convincing friends and relatives to come down, paying for tickets for people who can't afford them.

While I don't necessarily think the EFL deserve our ire due to them enforcing their rules over our own overspending, it would be funny to hear a packed Pride Park chanting "oxf*rd the EFL" from both the home and away ends.

It's exactly the sort of thing that invalidates the 'it wasn’t the fans fault, why should they be penalised' horseshit.

Derby clearly deserve to have the book thrown at them, so if their fans show up to chant oxf*rd the FL, I wouldn’t shed a tear if they get relegated and liquidated. oxf*rd em

And oxf*rd us if our fans did the same too.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Sep 2021 13:54

Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2

It's exactly the sort of thing that invalidates the 'it wasn’t the fans fault, why should they be penalised' horseshit.

Derby clearly deserve to have the book thrown at them, so if their fans show up to chant oxf*rd the FL, I wouldn’t shed a tear if they get relegated and liquidated. oxf*rd em

And oxf*rd us if our fans did the same too.

I dunno, I think you're making too much out of this, I'm sure most of the people chanting "oxf*rd the EFL" know they're not to blame, just one of those things to get sung at the match.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Sep 2021 16:49

If you're not in the number that are travelling to Derby County on Wednesday evening in support of the Royals, that doesn't mean you need to miss out...

Thanks to RoyalsTV, live streaming is available - in the UK and around the world!

We're on an upward trajectory - three consecutive wins have brought back that feelgood factor, and we can't wait to see our supporters there at Pride Park.

… but for those that can’t make it, on Wednesday there is the option to watch the game live on RoyalsTV – from wherever you are.

RoyalsTV is the only place where you'll get full, 4-camera coverage - as well as commentary provided by BBC Radio Berkshire.

So press the button below and you can grab a Match Pass for RoyalsTV, allowing to watch via readingfc.co.uk or the Reading FC app for iOS and Android.

So this will be available to watch without being abroad (or using a VPN).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Sep 2021 16:53

A fair way short of a sell out. About 8,000 short.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Sep 2021 17:05

CountryRoyal
If you're not in the number that are travelling to Derby County on Wednesday evening in support of the Royals, that doesn't mean you need to miss out...

Thanks to RoyalsTV, live streaming is available - in the UK and around the world!

We're on an upward trajectory - three consecutive wins have brought back that feelgood factor, and we can't wait to see our supporters there at Pride Park.

… but for those that can’t make it, on Wednesday there is the option to watch the game live on RoyalsTV – from wherever you are.

RoyalsTV is the only place where you'll get full, 4-camera coverage - as well as commentary provided by BBC Radio Berkshire.

So press the button below and you can grab a Match Pass for RoyalsTV, allowing to watch via readingfc.co.uk or the Reading FC app for iOS and Android.

Looks that way, although I would think it was on Sky red button as well.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Sep 2021 17:23

CountryRoyal Genuinely don’t know if I should go to this now with all the selfish petrol stockpiling vvankers.

Take the ferry?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Sep 2021 19:09

John Smith

Been in that neck of the woods today (Newark) and back down the M1/M25, only one service station had unleaded and there are loads of service stations on the M1....found one locally up there luckily.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2021 19:59

Zip

Still 23 hours 45 minutes of sale time.
Suspect the full house will not happen as no way will we take 2000+

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Sep 2021 21:44

Alright, just need to win 8-0 to climb to 6th.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Sep 2021 08:10

My main worry for tonight is that players playing out of position tend to up their game initially, but are always prone to a howler or two. Having the international break in sight could really help us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Sep 2021 09:29

We have a great chance to get a win up there tonight, just need another solid performance like Saturday and we get the 3 points.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2021 09:36

Pepe the Horseman My main worry for tonight is that players playing out of position tend to up their game initially, but are always prone to a howler or two. Having the international break in sight could really help us.

Good point

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2021 09:56

Pepe the Horseman My main worry for tonight is that players playing out of position tend to up their game initially, but are always prone to a howler or two. Having the international break in sight could really help us.

I don’t want to be negative but despite our good performance Boro really didn’t do anywhere near enough to target our make shift defence. Hopefully Derby do much the same.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Sep 2021 09:57

John Smith

The last train for me would is 21.40 so not feasible, plus I oxf*rd hate the train.

Managed to find somewhere with fuel so I’m good to go, we will see what happens the rest of the week :lol:

Edit. Sack that, apparently they’re not doing collections at Derby so I can only pick off from the Madejski which is as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Anyone going to the game later going to the stadium first?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Sep 2021 10:25

Hendo
CountryRoyal

It is indeed, fewer cameras but also fewer Tim Dellors

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Sep 2021 10:28

Silver Fox
Hendo
CountryRoyal

It is indeed, fewer cameras but also fewer Tim Dellors

I'd take watching the game filmed on a iPhone 4 over listening to Dellor.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Sep 2021 10:48

Zip

Yeah looks that way - they are literally counting the seats up in Derby and spotted this post just now.....

I'm a bit of a saddo so here is the latest seat availability:

East Stand; 2084

North Stand: 3261

South Stand: 416

West Stand; 2373

Total available for sale: 8134

206 posts