Injuries: new setup needed at the club?

Dixie Norm

Re: Injuries: new setup needed at the club?

by Dixie Norm » 14 Jan 2022 09:42

Could also explain why we ended last season so poorly. Can only hope we don't finish this season the same.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Jan 2022 10:09

72 bus
Coppells Lost Coat
Hound
well he came on for 30 mins against Derby.

And the original question was ' a few minutes of gameplay'. So yes fits the description pretty well.

And to add - Clarke has done naff all in his cameo appearances to suggest he is the answer to our injury crisis.

Apart from scoring twice in one game.
Clarke 10 Apps 2 Goals
Puskás 21 Apps 0 goals

At the time i had posted that - he had done naff all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 10:13

Millsy My ‘inside knowledge’ prompting this has NOTHING to do with Pauno as the problem predates him, but undeniably it’s much worse now. Worse than I ever imagined when originally moaning about it so it’s clearly several things going on.

I’m seeing a picture here that marries up a few factors…

Pauno has had bursts of phenomenal team form and Both these bursts have been early on: last season it was at the beginning. This season it’s when he got a bunch of new players in.

Given the alleged concerns that he overtrains his players from Chicago fans (I’ve yet to see this tbh but trust those who have) it’s all fitting together:

It explains decent form when relatively fresh and then mayhem as players get injured, especially coupled with an already unfit-for-purpose setup who weren’t expecting it. It explains players being utterly destroyed end of second half thus 3 late capitulations thus far.

Was it under Bowen where we were the opposite and were scoring many at the end of the game, heroic comebacks and wins, and that was put down to decent fitness?

I think/know our setup has been shite. But highly suspect Pauno’s and his coaches aren’t helping at all.

Is he a one trick pony with a game plan and motivation boost that works well if everyone has infinite fitness levels? But has no plan B, no tactical nous mid game etc etc in that case what do you do? Keep trying to do what you’re good at. Force whomever is left fit to do wonders..until they then get injured. Maybe, but it shouldn’t detract from a problem that predates him. He’s not the only problem here, it’s just highlighting our underlying issues.

Still, I’m sure many will still believe the line that it’s coincidence, impact injuries, no worse than usual etc…

Wasn't a big Gomes fan, but I think when he took over is probably when I though we have looked our fittest, and did get a number of late wins. Esp in season 1.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Jan 2022 10:16

Zip
Hound
Coppells Lost Coat Fatigue is a big factor with getting injuries too. With the injury list piling up players aren't really getting much rotation.
So the cycle continues, the squad just keep playing until some one gets back from injury or they get injured themselves due to not having the rest.

Maybe the training methods have not been adapted to suit our insane injury list. VP doesn't want to risk players in training / push them hard in fear of losing a player. Last thing we need right now is a bloody training injury. Which then means they wont get 'match fit' = play with fatigue = gets injured.

tbf they've just had 3 weeks off, and within 2 games we lost Araruna - but more tellingly Dann (after 5 mins), AH (after 60+40mins) and Azeez . Don't think can blame fatigue for any of those seeming muscle injuries

We lost Tetek too. Five players in two games.

I was more looking at the bigger picture of the entire season. We started off with a depleted squad and continue to operate with walking wounded. Some might not train fully to help recovery. Some are probably playing with slight niggles as they dont want to let down the team and going into games only to get fully crocked.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2022 11:30

Millsy, could you stop being a tease and either nut up or shut up on your insider information.

You're telling us nothing. It's more like it's just a way for you to boast.

Tell us what the deal is, or stop alluding to it all the time

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jan 2022 12:22

I don't think the situation will improve until a new manager/medical team (or both) has been found at the club. I don't recall the club ever having injury issues as severe as this since Pauno has arrived. Maybe not all his own doing, but it doesn't look great on his record at the moment either.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 14 Jan 2022 14:46

Lucas Joao is travelling with the squad for the game tomorrow despite not even playing for the U23s yet. Think if he gets injured again that’s fully on Pauno.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2022 15:11

Snowflake Royal Millsy, could you stop being a tease and either nut up or shut up on your insider information.

You're telling us nothing. It's more like it's just a way for you to boast.

Tell us what the deal is, or stop alluding to it all the time

I know it’s frustrating but no sorry. I apologise for seeming like a dick.

Not that exciting and doesn’t matter, ignore my ramblings. Everyone can finally see the effects now anyway - hand on heart only mentioned it again because people seemed to be laying the blame fully at Pauno’s door which isn’t fair on the chap. Although as I say it sounds like he’s also to blame if accounts of him overtraining are true but I honestly know nothing about that at all - first I heard of it was the other day here!
Last edited by Millsy on 14 Jan 2022 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 15:19

TiagoIlori Lucas Joao is travelling with the squad for the game tomorrow despite not even playing for the U23s yet. Think if he gets injured again that’s fully on Pauno.

tbh it doesn't seem a 'thing' to get games with the u23 to get fit nowadays. Not sure if other teams do it, but can only remember Araruna doing it for about 45m with us recently

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Injuries.

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jan 2022 16:24

WestYorksRoyal So yes, our medical team does not appear as good as it once was, in fact it seems pretty shit.
Perhaps it's the manager/coaches and their training styles which are the issue, are they overworking the players bodies in training?, are they not giving the players enough recovery time?, are they not getting them fit enough? or are they ignoring the advice of the medical team?

I hope we have a larger than average medical/physio team to deal with the large than average number of injured players otherwise they're not going to get the level of treatment required to regain full fitness

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2022 18:29

Hound
TiagoIlori Lucas Joao is travelling with the squad for the game tomorrow despite not even playing for the U23s yet. Think if he gets injured again that’s fully on Pauno.

tbh it doesn't seem a 'thing' to get games with the u23 to get fit nowadays. Not sure if other teams do it, but can only remember Araruna doing it for about 45m with us recently

:lol: Shows what I know

Morrison back captaining the u23 tonight

Got a trialist lb as well - presumably that ex Cov chap

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jan 2022 18:34

Hound
Hound

TBH I think giving Joao minutes in the u23 would be a mistake. He would be a target and if he broke down there then the grief would be off the scale.

Have him on the bench with an eye to 10 or 20 mins feels right.

With Morrison, CB is a better position to make an u23 comeback, plus I believe he has been working with the Academy during recovery.

Both are good news stories.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jan 2022 18:34

Will be good if we can get Morro back asap, need an experienced head in defence with what little options we have back there right now, depending on the length of Dann's injury of course.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2022 18:37

tidus_mi2 Will be good if we can get Morro back asap, need an experienced head in defence with what little options we have back there right now, depending on the length of Dann's injury of course.

I wonder if Morrison might be back for the Luton game

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 15 Jan 2022 14:55

Stranded
Hound
Hound

TBH I think giving Joao minutes in the u23 would be a mistake. He would be a target and if he broke down there then the grief would be off the scale.

Have him on the bench with an eye to 10 or 20 mins feels right.

With Morrison, CB is a better position to make an u23 comeback, plus I believe he has been working with the Academy during recovery.

Both are good news stories.

He’s far more of a target at this level mate. He showed last season why teams are terrified of him.