145 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

by NathStPaul » 04 Oct 2021 09:29

Sutekh
Ascotexgunner
Zip

Joao only had his op about three weeks ago and wasn’t mobile enough to make the team photo. We won’t see him this side of Christmas.

:cry:

Expectation currently is sometime around the New Year, and then he’ll have match fitness to build up.

Hoping we can get Puscas out the door on January 1st. Will free up some funds to get another striker in hopefully (subject to EFL approval).

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Oct 2021 09:35

Snowflake Royal
Barney
Snowflake Royal You weirdos seem to be reading something into that which isn't there.

Do you think we were comfortable at the end? Did I say it wasn't a good result or criticise Pauno? No. I didnt.

This had better not be a reply to my post :evil: Seriously fella....don't call me a weirdo. I kid you not.

Seems a bit of a weirdo response.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Oct 2021 10:51

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal
Barney
This had better not be a reply to my post :evil: Seriously fella....don't call me a weirdo. I kid you not.

Seems a bit of a weirdo response.

OMG paul stop following me around everywhere. Every post every thread you take issue with me.

Waaah waah waah it's not fair. Stop bullying me waah waah waah. :|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2021 11:45

the board's sh*ttest beef continues. Awful stuff lads.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Oct 2021 12:19

Ascotexgunner
Stranded Joy of the Championship, we played better on Wednesday and lost.

Key was getting our noses in front and keeping it tight. Most shots were from relatively harmless positions.

Break coming at a good time and a decent chance to pick up decent points afterwards. Barnsley & Blackpool won't be easy but those are games you need to win at home if you want to challenge.

Follow that with a trip to a Blackburn side that have slipped over the last 2 and a return of 6 or 7 points is definitely achievable.

I thought we were good against Derby....some nice movement around the box, slick passing. Only problem was having no trouble maker for their defence like João in the box who can may make that bit of space to create an opening.
What is the latest on him? Is he out for much longer?
Thought Hoilett up front was brillian today as well. Kept their defence on its toes, even without threatening and worked hard.

I am not sure how much Joao would affect the game being a nuisance in the box when play was 40 yards away from their box :wink:

Puscas made several good unchecked runs IIRC which was over looked to play it safe - understandable frustrating to play a game where nobody passes to you. Then we launch a 60 yard ball for him to chase and a lot of posters have a go saying he is useless / ineffective? Bonkers.

Agree with Hoilett, was constant threat, a great addition and already proving the original doubters wrong (even myself).

145 posts