MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

145 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a)

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Oct 2021 19:28

Snowflake Royal Can't believe how sloppy we were in those final 10 plus injury time. And we got away with it.

Also the awareness from Southwood, when beaten, to avoid the ball coming off the woodwork and then palm it away.

Then Swift in the last 30 seconds dancing round about 5 players completely unnecesarily. :lol:

Get a grip. I know you don't rate pauno but 4 wins out of 5 with 10 players out, most guaranteed starters, is some record.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Oct 2021 19:31

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal Can't believe how sloppy we were in those final 10 plus injury time. And we got away with it.

Also the awareness from Southwood, when beaten, to avoid the ball coming off the woodwork and then palm it away.

Then Swift in the last 30 seconds dancing round about 5 players completely unnecesarily. :lol:

Get a grip. I know you don't rate pauno but 4 wins out of 5 with 10 players out, most guaranteed starters, is some record.

Exactly rught MSR. Outstanding result taking everything into account. 12 points from last 5 games.....ten out injured. Incredible.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Oct 2021 19:40

Barney
Mid Sussex Royal

Exactly rught MSR. Outstanding result taking everything into account. 12 points from last 5 games.....ten out injured. Incredible.

I assume the Derby game doesn’t count :wink:

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Oct 2021 20:10

Franchise FC
Barney
Mid Sussex Royal

I assume the Derby game doesn’t count :wink:

12 points from the last 5 games.... wins over Peterboro, Fulham, Middlesbro and Cardiff....and loss to Derby.

What have I posted incorrectly ?

Outstanding result - tick
12 points from last 5 games - tick
10 out injured - tick
Incredible - tick

Where did I go wrong ?? :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2021 20:14

You weirdos seem to be reading something into that which isn't there.

Do you think we were comfortable at the end? Did I say it wasn't a good result or criticise Pauno? No. I didnt.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Oct 2021 20:23

The board troll is quiet until we lose again.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Oct 2021 20:26

Snowflake Royal You weirdos seem to be reading something into that which isn't there.

Do you think we were comfortable at the end? Did I say it wasn't a good result or criticise Pauno? No. I didnt.

This had better not be a reply to my post :evil: Seriously fella....don't call me a weirdo. I kid you not.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Oct 2021 20:31

Superb result. Average performance but given the injuries Pauno deserves manager of the month award

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Oct 2021 20:31

windermereROYAL The board troll is quiet until we lose again.

Whose that

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Oct 2021 20:57

Snowflake Royal You weirdos seem to be reading something into that which isn't there.

it’s just the way that some things come across Ian...misinterpreting, if you will.

We’ve all been guilty of that...you especially.

No need to resort to the ‘default’ insults “weirdos”....really?

What we post is all subjective....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Oct 2021 21:16

Joy of the Championship, we played better on Wednesday and lost.

Key was getting our noses in front and keeping it tight. Most shots were from relatively harmless positions.

Break coming at a good time and a decent chance to pick up decent points afterwards. Barnsley & Blackpool won't be easy but those are games you need to win at home if you want to challenge.

Follow that with a trip to a Blackburn side that have slipped over the last 2 and a return of 6 or 7 points is definitely achievable.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Oct 2021 21:28

Stranded Joy of the Championship, we played better on Wednesday and lost.

Key was getting our noses in front and keeping it tight. Most shots were from relatively harmless positions.

Break coming at a good time and a decent chance to pick up decent points afterwards. Barnsley & Blackpool won't be easy but those are games you need to win at home if you want to challenge.

Follow that with a trip to a Blackburn side that have slipped over the last 2 and a return of 6 or 7 points is definitely achievable.

I thought we were good against Derby....some nice movement around the box, slick passing. Only problem was having no trouble maker for their defence like João in the box who can may make that bit of space to create an opening.
What is the latest on him? Is he out for much longer?
Thought Hoilett up front was brillian today as well. Kept their defence on its toes, even without threatening and worked hard.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Oct 2021 21:41

Ascotexgunner

I thought we were good against Derby....some nice movement around the box, slick passing. Only problem was having no trouble maker for their defence like João in the box who can may make that bit of space to create an opening.
Thought Hoilett up front was brillian today as well. Kept their defence on its toes, even without threatening and worked hard.

Joao only had his op about three weeks ago and wasn’t mobile enough to make the team photo. We won’t see him this side of Christmas.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Oct 2021 21:46

Zip
Ascotexgunner

Joao only had his op about three weeks ago and wasn’t mobile enough to make the team photo. We won’t see him this side of Christmas.

:cry:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Oct 2021 23:33

Barney

This had better not be a reply to my post :evil: Seriously fella....don't call me a weirdo. I kid you not.

Seems a bit of a weirdo response.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Oct 2021 00:47

Snowflake Royal
Barney

Seriously Ian. You’re genuinely odd.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Oct 2021 06:00

leon
Snowflake Royal
Barney

Seriously Ian. You’re genuinely odd.

Thats what happens when you're a 40 year old living at home. Society and interactions become distorted.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Oct 2021 08:30

Ascotexgunner
Zip
Ascotexgunner

Expectation currently is sometime around the New Year, and then he’ll have match fitness to build up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Oct 2021 09:23

Sutekh
Ascotexgunner
Zip

Expectation currently is sometime around the New Year, and then he’ll have match fitness to build up.

So available some time next season then.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Oct 2021 09:27

Franchise FC
Hound yeah same but I suspect Hoilett will be back in. Not keen on it to be honest, don't think he adds a lot there.

I presume others have already been there, but this hasn't aged well (not your fault, by the way)

happy to be proven wrong :)

145 posts