BFTG Blackpool.

117 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Blackpool.

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 22:31

Utter dogshit from start to finish.

Southwood 8, the only player to come out with any credit for me, some good saves, and nearly kept out the pen.
Yiadom. 3. overworked but in the end it was too much.
Moore, 4 playing better than he was , one great goal saving tackile in the first half
Dann 5, good goal but the pressure told in the end, there is only so much you can do with wave after wave of attacks coming at you.
Baba 4 . same.
Drinkwater 3 dreadful, kept giving the ball away, no protection for the back 4.
Laurent 5, put in a shift but just overrun in the end.
Swift 2, I`ll praise this guy when he plays well but god he was awful tonight, too many fancy flicks that never come off.
Ejaria 1, was he out there?
TDB 4. playing out wide right, clearly not his position, scored but looked like a duck out of water.
Puscas 6, Christ you have to feel for this guy, absolutely zero service apart from the one great chance he missed, then as usual he gets hooked.
Sod the subs, they did fcuk all.

In summary we made Blackpool look like Barcelona, only Bournemouth the next home game, I`m dreading it already.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 20 Oct 2021 22:55, edited 5 times in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Blackpool.

by Simmops » 20 Oct 2021 22:37

Pauno needs to go

This team is utterly spineless and has no bottle

Manager is clueless and has no tactical nous

JR

by JR » 20 Oct 2021 22:44

Similar to Saturday the opposition were a threat throughout however tonight we weren’t able to keep them out.

The main causes being:

1) Yiadom’s lunacy - never have I seen one player make so many inexplicable errors as he did for the pen. Possibly the worst was taking the throw 10 yards closer to his own goal.

2) Shape at corner’s - from the very first corner we were saying we don’t like the defensive tactics at corners. All 11 in the box is asking for trouble. No out ball for one, but also nobody on the edge of the box to pick up half clearances and crucially too many people in a crowded area to lead to unsighted keeper / deflections, as cost us with their opener.

3) If Puscas scores his one on one at start of second half we win 3-1/4-0 at a canter. Fine lines

Gutting and stops us getting carried away about challenging for play-offs.

But these are the comebacks that make being a football fan great, the drive home to the seaside will be sweet.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 22:45

Southwood probably man of the match, despite conceding three, which says it all really. Hope Pauno doesn't use this as an excuse to put Rafael back in.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 20 Oct 2021 22:48

We we’re lucky against Cardiff lucky to beat Barnsley tonight despite the two goal lead we were outclassed. Just like Saturday we tried to play out from the back they high pressed and we just kept giving the ball back to them. I still think we are relegation candidates and are in a false position.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2021 23:34

That was a dreadful performance.

Too many touches, constantly receiving the ball facing our own goal, and then playing it back, no movement, no pace and appalling passing and decision making.

Just shit.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2021 23:43

Great first half. Shit second.

Drinkwater great first half, shit second.
Moore great first half. Defence in general shit second.

I can't help thinking the heavy rain levelled things up a bit and we just got awfully tired as we have players playing through injuries just to make a first 11 work.

Feel terribly sorry for Puscas as has been said above. Only one bit of service and it was a reasonable effort, it happens. Then he gets subbed.

And exactly as we saw against- was it QPR? - we then let in goals as soon as he leaves. He sure runs his socks off.

3 goals leaked with Moore - is he the issue? That's being harsh he was brilliant first half.

I dunno.

Awfully disappointing against a thoroughly poor side without their main striker.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Oct 2021 23:45

leon That was a dreadful performance.

Too many touches, constantly receiving the ball facing our own goal, and then playing it back, no movement, no pace and appalling passing and decision making.

Just shit.

Also thought we took a lot of touches and a load of very short unnecessary passes, was a bit odd that.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 23:46

It was NOT a great first half, 2-0 up yes but second best all over the pitch.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 20 Oct 2021 23:47

Can’t recall a Reading game I’ve been to when at half time at 2-0 up I’ve felt so lucky. Blackpool outplayed us from start to finish and fully deserved the three points. It’s the manor of defeat that’s so frustrating. Regardless of how lucky we were to go in two up, it was almost like the players came out second half thinking the job was done - so fair play Blackpool.

Three points I want to make -

1, Fatigue - players looked wrecked in second half, now this is down to the injury list and thin squad at present. I saw Blackpool made 5 changes from Saturday. We are in desperate need of our first team players back, as tonight we’ve again had to rely on two academy lads coming off the bench to spark us into life. No doubt in my mind if we had Rino fit Drinkwater would have been given a rest tonight, when was the last time he’s played this many games in a row?!

2, Puscas - he’s an easy target for fans every game, BUT how many times he made the run and didn’t get the ball through in that first half, so frustrating for him. It was almost like the players didn’t want to play him through as some of the balls were so obvious. As much stick as he gets, he has started the majority of games in our mini run we’ve just had, no coincidence we’ve been winning, he just hasn’t got the goals to show for it. No denying his work rate, we were also 2-0 up when he was taken off this evening…

3, Yiadom - I don’t like singling players out and I know he has really stepped up for us in recent weeks at centre half. But that winning goal tonight was such bad defending from him, first he loses the ball needlessly then sees red and charges into the back of the lad to give away the penalty. So so frustrating. I’d almost start Holmes at RB on Saturday because of it.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 23:53

hughsies no.1 Can’t recall a Reading game I’ve been to when at half time at 2-0 up I’ve felt so lucky. Blackpool outplayed us from start to finish and fully deserved the three points. It’s the manor of defeat that’s so frustrating. Regardless of how lucky we were to go in two up, it was almost like the players came out second half thinking the job was done - so fair play Blackpool.

1, Fatigue - players looked wrecked in second half, now this is down to the injury list and thin squad at present. I saw Blackpool made 5 changes from Saturday. We are in desperate need of our first team players back, as tonight we’ve again had to rely on two academy lads coming off the bench to spark us into life. No doubt in my mind if we had Rino fit Drinkwater would have been given a rest tonight, when was the last time he’s played this many games in a row?!

2, Puscas - he’s an easy target for fans every game, BUT how many times he made the run and didn’t get the ball through in that first half, so frustrating for him. It was almost like the players didn’t want to play him through as some of the balls were so obvious. As much stick as he gets, he has started the majority of games in our mini run we’ve just had, no coincidence we’ve been winning, he just hasn’t got the goals to show for it. No denying his work rate, we were also 2-0 up when he was taken off this evening…

3, Yiadom - I don’t like singling players out and I know he has really stepped up for us in recent weeks at centre half. But that winning goal tonight was such bad defending from him, first he loses the ball needlessly then sees red and charges into the back of the lad to give away the penalty. So so frustrating. I’d almost start Holmes at RB on Saturday because of it.

If only Holmes wasn`t injured eh? couldn`t agree more on the Puscas issue though, he`s making endless runs beyond the last defender, only once did he get found.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 21 Oct 2021 00:04

windermereROYAL
hughsies no.1 Can’t recall a Reading game I’ve been to when at half time at 2-0 up I’ve felt so lucky. Blackpool outplayed us from start to finish and fully deserved the three points. It’s the manor of defeat that’s so frustrating. Regardless of how lucky we were to go in two up, it was almost like the players came out second half thinking the job was done - so fair play Blackpool.

If only Holmes wasn`t injured eh? couldn`t agree more on the Puscas issue though, he`s making endless runs beyond the last defender, only once did he get found.

Holmes was back on the bench tonight...

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:13

My biggest concern is that in the past three games against bottom half of the table sides our opponents have amassed something like 61 attempts at goal compared to our 17. It was far far too easy for Blackpool to get the ball into dangerous positions almost unopposed. We are also giving away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions.

We were very fortunate to be two up at half time. You could sense their players knew that. Very much a game where if the opposition score once you think they will score again. So no surprise with the outcome.

Our midfield is getting dominated in games and we are being pinned back in our own half. It was painful watching the players trying to clear the ball in desperation in the end.

At one stage tonight we were fifth in the live table. That’s as good as it’s going to get this season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:26

Just seen the pen. Very very soft. Was Yates onside for the equaliser?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:29

Also agree with others about Puscas. The amount of times he was making a run tonight which was totally wasted as our players refused to play the ball early.

We really need to sort out our midfield because opponents are often dominating us. Pauno was outthought tonight.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Oct 2021 00:29

People going in on players and I will join in….

Laurent, I am struggling. Runs around a lot but I am struggling to see his contribution in a number of games in midfield. Don’t tackle, doesn’t set up a killer pass and forever chasing shadows.

That’s it, that’s my contribution.

Dire performance and I said that at 2-0.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Oct 2021 00:35

Zip Also agree with others about Puscas. The amount of times he was making a run tonight which was totally wasted as our players refused to play the ball early.

Isn’t this exactly what Baldock was getting criticised for on a weekly basis last season (including yourself)? Running around, movement in behind but not being found and not really contributing overall. That’s now 800 minutes of football this season and 0 goals

Not intending to be a dig either. Defended Baldock last season and will defend Puscas for the poor mismanagement. Just seems like double standards for different players

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:37

URZZZZ
Zip Also agree with others about Puscas. The amount of times he was making a run tonight which was totally wasted as our players refused to play the ball early.

Isn’t this exactly what Baldock was getting criticised for on a weekly basis last season (including yourself)? Running around, movement in behind but not being found and not really contributing overall. That’s now 800 minutes of football this season and 0 goals

Not intending to be a dig either. Defended Baldock last season and will defend Puscas for the poor mismanagement. Just seems like double standards for different players

Difference for me is that Baldock barely scored for us in three seasons whereas
Puscas has up until this season had a decent strike rate.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:38

paultheroyal People going in on players and I will join in….

Laurent, I am struggling. Runs around a lot but I am struggling to see his contribution in a number of games in midfield. Don’t tackle, doesn’t set up a killer pass and forever chasing shadows.

That’s it, that’s my contribution.

Dire performance and I said that at 2-0.

I don’t actually know where Laurent is playing at the moment. There are big gaps between our back four and cdm’s. At half time I thought it would be corrected but it wasn’t.
Our players also look out on their feet.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Oct 2021 00:44

Zip
URZZZZ

Difference for me is that Baldock barely scored for us in three seasons whereas
Puscas has up until this season had a decent strike rate.

Frustrating as there’s a player somewhere in there but his confidence must be shot, the constant subbing off after 60 isn’t helping

Major problem is the difference in how the midfield and attack want to play. Midfield is all intricate passes, close control, playing off each other, which really doesn’t align with how Puscas wants to. Ball bounces off him too regularly, he needs a more direct style with the play in behind. Compared to Joao who is able to bring others into play

It’s no coincidence so many strikers struggle here and score regularly elsewhere. Constant misalignment within the team

117 posts