BTFG Blackburn

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

BTFG Blackburn

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Oct 2021 18:54

Really poor performance and Blackburn deserved the 3 points. Worst performance I've seen this season albeit I missed Huddersfield.

No creativity at all and poor tactics. I really don't think Pauno is the right manager for us long term and I wouldn't renew his contract this summer.

Hardly anyone had a good game, created absolutely nothing and Kaminski won't have a easier game between the sticks.

Southwood - 6
Yiadom - 5
Moore - 3
Dann - 4
Baba - 5
Drinkwater - 5
Laurent - 2
Azeez - 3
Dele-Bashiru - 5
Swift - 3

Clarke - 4
Puscas - 5

We weren't in the game at all.

Blackburn are an ok side. Probably finish mid table but today's performance really worried me. We are bad away from home.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 23 Oct 2021 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BTFG Blackburn

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2021 19:00

Royal_jimmy . Worst performance I've seen this season albeit I missed Huddersfield.

Didn`t you go Wednesday?

Pauno`s post match comments were concerning, I didn`t watch any of the game but he said we played well in the first half.
62% possession would sugest we had quite a lot of the ball.

Would have lost all seven away if Fulham and Cardiff had their shooting boots on.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 23 Oct 2021 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Oct 2021 19:01

windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy . Worst performance I've seen this season albeit I missed Huddersfield.

Didn`t you go Wednesday?

Pauno`s post match comments were concerning, I didn`t watch any of the ame but he said we played well in the first half.

We were worse today I think

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2021 20:38

PAUNO OUT

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2021 20:41

Excellent so we’re going in the right direction.

This is a really odd team we either play ok or we play like a fcuking shambles. We can attack and score goals - we also have no backbone and crumble when things start going wrong.

Absolutely not convinced by the manager.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2021 20:43

Royal_jimmy
windermereROYAL

Didn`t you go Wednesday?

Pauno`s post match comments were concerning, I didn`t watch any of the ame but he said we played well in the first half.

We were worse today I think

Seriously? Haven’t seen today’s game but Wednesday was appalling. Surely today wasn’t worse than that.
Blackburn were in poor form before this game as well and their fans are unhappy with Mowbray.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 20:53

Mowbray?

Good old fashioned northern manager...like him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2021 20:57

AthleticoSpizz Mowbray?

Good old fashioned northern manager...like him

So do I but they want him out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 20:59

After today?

Do the ‘Venkys’ (sic) still play a part in their club?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2021 21:00

AthleticoSpizz After today?

Don’t think they do but yes they still want him out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 21:03

Zip
AthleticoSpizz After today?

Don’t think they do but yes they still want him out.
a lot of teams with delusions of grandeur...including us

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Oct 2021 21:21

Missed the 2nd half but thought we looked alright first. Probably edged it. So think many of you may be clouded by an atrocious 2nd half.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Oct 2021 21:32

leon Excellent so we’re going in the right direction.

This is a really odd team we either play ok or we play like a fcuking shambles. We can attack and score goals - we also have no backbone and crumble when things start going wrong.

This is a really odd fan base we either play ok or we play like a fcuking shambles

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Oct 2021 21:49

.....and like Reading have never lost two or three games on the bounce in the past 150 years?

Pathetic reactions from our keyboard x-perts sometimes.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Oct 2021 23:54

72 bus
leon Excellent so we’re going in the right direction.

This is a really odd fan base we either play ok or we play like a fcuking shambles

You’re really odd.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Oct 2021 00:01

I guess we are like any fan base, win and we are brilliant and the sky is the limit lose and we are shit and we are going down, Christ we should used to it in the seasons since the play-off defeat.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Oct 2021 00:32

windermereROYAL I guess we are like any fan base, win and we are brilliant and the sky is the limit lose and we are shit and we are going down, Christ we should used to it in the seasons since the play-off defeat.

Listening to Pauno ramble post match. Sounded like Stam in the second season all over again. With the 3rd worst defensive record in the league. Very apparent that the tactics adopted aren't working.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Oct 2021 01:09

Disappointing as it is oddly enough it happens. Teams lose.

Last 6-7 games or so have been pretty good overall.

In what reality does a transfer embargoed injury hit team expect to win every game?

I'm not too fussed that we were utterly shit today.

My only criticism would be (and this is no way a Pauno Out ramble but if the cap fits...) when your only consistently fit striker is a Puscas, love him or hate him you HAVE to find a way to play to his strengths, and get him playing game in game out to give him confidence and get him to gel with the midfield and develop a game plan.

We THOUGHT this is what Pauno was doing in those two games where Puscas finally developed into a decent lookign striker then unexpectedly he was dropped, confidence and form plummeted to rock bottom understandably and he has since been in/out/in/out/subbed/benched etc and generally looking very unhappy, on the backdrop of already feeling homesick and miserable. Poor chap.

Like it or hate it he is our main man and I put it to Pauno that as manager he is paid the big bucks to utilise him to his strengths. And that means sticking with him and developing a plan that incorporates him.

He came on today as a forced sub so clearly there was no ingrained gameplan before the match involving the lad. The team are confused and don't know what the gameplan is in the final third. No wonder when Puscas is unexpectedly on the pitch they don't know how to pass to him. We pass it around aimlessly when in attack and slow down or take long shots. They seem more comfortable passing the ball around dangerously in their own half as at least they know what the plan is there. Let's have some consistency and let's build it around Puscas, if only because he's pretty much the only fit guy who can play up there at the moment.

A consistent game plan with mediocre players >>>>> an inconsistent uncertain game plan with technically better players.

Start him and use him properly.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 Oct 2021 01:20

Why he has to insist on playing out from the back when teams are just pressing and taking the ball of us for fun. Why not just hoof it upfield and get your forwards chasing and harassing the defenders at least it gets the ball away from your own goal. Football is not complicated at times. When you have a group of players incapable of playing that style and low on confidence keep the game simple.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Oct 2021 08:39

No need to get too upset about a couple of defeats and noonneed to get ahead of ourselves on good runs.

The Championship this year is just ridiculously even. Nearly a 3rd of the way through and look at the table.

Top 3 look like they could pull away, Bournemouth even look like they could threaten our points record.

Bottom 4 a little bit adrift.

By the end of today we could be 15th but just 2 points off 5th.

Luton in 5th are just 7pts ahead of Peterborough in 20th. This is almost the dictionary definition of mediocre this year.

Top 3 are in their own league for the auto's. Bottom 4 likely in a battle to stay up. Everyone else, play-offs is the target, including us even with a deduction.

League is so well matched that Stoke lose 3 in a row and go from 5th to 9th but only on GD. Crazy league this year.