358 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by Wycombe Royal » 27 Oct 2021 13:38

Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal
muirinho
We are brassic - because we can't spend money unless we have the income stream to match, regardless of whether the money's actually there, or not. Bournemouth have that income.

Obviously depends on your interpretation of it. We aren't brassic. We have money to spend. The rules prevent us spending it.

As always, the answer is we are brassic because owner wealth =/= club wealth.

The club is in a huge red hole financially. The owner has vastly more than the red hole, but until he puts it in, it isn’t ours.

It's like saying BHS wasn’t oxf*rd just because Phillip Green remained minted.

No that doesn't work. The owner CAN'T put his money in. FFP prevents us spending it. He wants to, we know that. Past history is evidence of that.

Did FFP prevent Philip Green supporting BHS? Also Green sold BHS in 2015 way before it went in to administration. He sold it because of sustained losses. He is a businessman and does not want unprofitable businesses. Dai Yongge did not buy RFC to make money. If he did then the guy is a fool.

Keep trying. Simple fact is RFC has vast financial resources that rules prevent us spending. There are many other clubs in the same boat.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Oct 2021 15:51

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal Obviously depends on your interpretation of it. We aren't brassic. We have money to spend. The rules prevent us spending it.

The club is in a huge red hole financially. The owner has vastly more than the red hole, but until he puts it in, it isn’t ours.

No that doesn't work. The owner CAN'T put his money in. FFP prevents us spending it. He wants to, we know that. Past history is evidence of that.

Did FFP prevent Philip Green supporting BHS? Also Green sold BHS in 2015 way before it went in to administration. He sold it because of sustained losses. He is a businessman and does not want unprofitable businesses. Dai Yongge did not buy RFC to make money. If he did then the guy is a fool.

Keep trying. Simple fact is RFC has vast financial resources that rules prevent us spending. There are many other clubs in the same boat.

The investment in "property" suggests no fool.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Oct 2021 16:25

Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal
Wycombe Royal Obviously depends on your interpretation of it. We aren't brassic. We have money to spend. The rules prevent us spending it.

Apologies to Ian, stranded et al for using the term "brassic" that caused Wycombe to go apoplectically pedantic and cause you to waste a number of minutes of your lives.
Suffice to say that we are not in a position to add the likes of Robbie Brady to our squad but Bournemouth are.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2021 14:08

South Coast Royal
Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal As always, the answer is we are brassic because owner wealth =/= club wealth.

Apologies to Ian, stranded et al for using the term "brassic" that caused Wycombe to go apoplectically pedantic and cause you to waste a number of minutes of your lives.
Suffice to say that we are not in a position to add the likes of Robbie Brady to our squad but Bournemouth are.

This is what is wrong with FFP, Reading do not owe anybody anything (aside from the owner). So far as us mug punters know players and staff are having their contracts paid on time, terms of transfer deals are being met so what is the actual risk (other than the same risk all clubs have if owners suddenly exited).

Still the rules is the rules, and the club knew that so should’ve followed them a little better, but those rules need to be addressed especially where things are a bit broken somewhat due to the continued issue of parachute payments. I just wish when the owners came in they’d employed someone with serious knowledge of the English game to bring in the right manager and build something rather than waste all this time and money on what hasn’t so far seemed very much really.

Finally it doesn’t strike me that the rules in the FL are too much in sync with whatever rules on FFP there are in the PL (least I presume there are rules governing FFP in the PL).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2021 14:30

do wonder if Fulham, WBA and Bournemouth go back up or fill the top 3 positions they might start to look again at the parachute payments. Bit of a joke if they do, become very predictable at the top

boycey

by boycey » 28 Oct 2021 15:24

8pm on a Saturday night against local rivals.
Potential for mass disorder.

TVP clocking up some serious overtime.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 28 Oct 2021 15:48

Pauno tight lipped on any injury news in presser...

Aside from the obvious which I know won't happen - would be great to have Halilovic / Hoilett back!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2021 16:50

As this is our last home game for three weeks The Last Post will be played tomorrow night. Always poignant but it seems very early to be doing it this time around. No choice given the fixture list though.

Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Half Horse » 28 Oct 2021 18:19

South Coast Royal
Wycombe Royal
Snowflake Royal As always, the answer is we are brassic because owner wealth =/= club wealth.

If you want full on, unaldulterated pedantry then I need to tell you it should be boracic as in boracic lint.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2021 18:23

Our Vic is getting a bit of grief on the Bournemouth forum for referring to Brooks cancer diagnosis as a “malaise”.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Oct 2021 18:47

Zip Our Vic is getting a bit of grief on the Bournemouth forum for referring to Brooks cancer diagnosis as a “malaise”.

Hmm, I doubt he meant anything vindictive by it but malaise is probably too soft of a term for Brooks's illness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2021 19:05

tidus_mi2
Zip Our Vic is getting a bit of grief on the Bournemouth forum for referring to Brooks cancer diagnosis as a “malaise”.

Hmm, I doubt he meant anything vindictive by it but malaise is probably too soft of a term for Brooks's illness.

Yep that’s what I think.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Oct 2021 19:30

Zip
tidus_mi2

Yep that’s what I think.

As a cancer survivor I understand the seriousness-the term was meant as illness and therefore to differentiate it from injury.
BTW my b-i-l was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma at age 59 and he is still around at age 84 so hopefully young Brooks will also have a satisfactory outcome.

I have met him and he is a modest and likeable lad who looks like a very tall 12 year-old.
Good luck to him and fans everywhere will wish him well.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Oct 2021 19:32

Zip As this is our last home game for three weeks The Last Post will be played tomorrow night. Always poignant but it seems very early to be doing it this time around. No choice given the fixture list though.

My turn to be a pedant:-
Playing the Last Post on a Friday night won't be before much of a crowd. :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2021 19:57

South Coast Royal
Zip As this is our last home game for three weeks The Last Post will be played tomorrow night. Always poignant but it seems very early to be doing it this time around. No choice given the fixture list though.

My turn to be a pedant:-
Playing the Last Post on a Friday night won't be before much of a crowd. :wink:

Indeed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2021 19:58

South Coast Royal
Zip
tidus_mi2 Hmm, I doubt he meant anything vindictive by it but malaise is probably too soft of a term for Brooks's illness.

Yep that’s what I think.

As a cancer survivor I understand the seriousness-the term was meant as illness and therefore to differentiate it from injury.
BTW my b-i-l was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma at age 59 and he is still around at age 84 so hopefully young Brooks will also have a satisfactory outcome.

I have met him and he is a modest and likeable lad who looks like a very tall 12 year-old.
Good luck to him and fans everywhere will wish him well.

One or two on the Muff site were a bit peeved but we know you on here and you play it with a straight bat.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Oct 2021 20:08

Bournmouth really have thrown the kitchen sink at going up this season. Think this is their last season for EPL money.
Just so hope they run out of steam because next season FFP is gonna kill em.
The top of this league is so bloody predictable. I have WBA and Fulham to go back up so Bournmouth will choke in the playoffs hopefully.

As far as Saturday goes, I think Halalovic is really badly missed, more than I thought he would be.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Oct 2021 21:05

Not going to be at this one. Very likely be a good thing as I'm expecting us to get a pasting from "Plucky Little, shoestring budget Bournemouth".

Then again I expected us to be destroyed by Fulham...

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Oct 2021 02:06

Ascotexgunner Bournmouth really have thrown the kitchen sink at going up this season. Think this is their last season for EPL money.
Just so hope they run out of steam because next season FFP is gonna kill em.
The top of this league is so bloody predictable. I have WBA and Fulham to go back up so Bournmouth will choke in the playoffs hopefully.

As far as Saturday goes, I think Halalovic is really badly missed, more than I thought he would be.

Pisses me of more than you can imagine, when will it ever end?, you have a team like Norwich going up and down like a whores knickers, Delia must be lauhing her tits off £40 million in parachute money every other season.
Something really needs to be done about these yoyo clubs, you have teams like us and other clubs investing heavily but having our hands tied by FFP rules living off scraps.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Oct 2021 08:30

The cycle will break. It always does.

Norwich are getting less competitive. Someone in the PL with a terrible mess will fall apart and not recover. Someone yo-yoing will stick it for a good few years whilst someone else will stumble on the promotion and then slide into trouble.

These sort of short term trends of yo-yoing have always happened.

358 posts