MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

413 posts
billybraggsbeard

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (a)

by billybraggsbeard » 01 Nov 2021 10:14

windermereROYAL The Rino situation is a mystery to me, a month ago he was nearly there, not a Scooby on him since, Araruna had a run out in the U23s in the week, not even benched yesterday.

Araruna played two games for the u23's, in the last couple of weeks, lasted an hour in the first and ten minutes in the second

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Nov 2021 10:47

John Smith
Zip This does look like a scrappy 1-0 home win to me.
I would ordinarily agree with Ian and play Laurent at CB but then who plays at CDM as I think Drinkwater has to be dropped?
Either way I would bring in Holmes and drop Drinkwater.

Agree with all of this. The fact we are bound to lose has put me off going.

Could we not put Laurent at centre half and shove Azeez in behind Puscas for the knockdowns rather than Drinky in DMC?

Azeez is injured.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Nov 2021 11:09

I envisage same starting 11 as Bournemouth.
Personally, i think it is time for VP to grow some balls and drop Moore and send Holmes on. He changed the dynamic of the team when he was thrown on against Peterborough and in my view saved the game as we looked a shambles until then.
Make Dann captain and give him license to bollock players not doing their jobs. I have a feeling they would listen more to him than Moore.

But i think Pauno will more than likely drop Puscas than rock the boat and drop our highest earner.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Nov 2021 11:20

Feel Millwall have lost their identity a bit under Rowett. Used to be up and at you, in your faces, making life difficult but they seem rather conservative now and rather negative. Only scored more than one goal in a league game 3 times this season and two of those occasions were against 10 men. Fair few ex players but none really seem to be getting a kick, Evans aside, Bod in particular has vanished off the face of the earth

As for us, will most likely be the same side with the possible exception of Holmes in somewhere but would like to see Pauno make changes if required and not just leave an underperforming XI out again. Can see this being a tight one

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2021 12:35

Coppells Lost Coat I envisage same starting 11 as Bournemouth.
Personally, i think it is time for VP to grow some balls and drop Moore and send Holmes on. He changed the dynamic of the team when he was thrown on against Peterborough and in my view saved the game as we looked a shambles until then.
Make Dann captain and give him license to bollock players not doing their jobs. I have a feeling they would listen more to him than Moore.

But i think Pauno will more than likely drop Puscas than rock the boat and drop our highest earner.

There's something about Dann that just looks tired and sad when he plays. Like he regrets not retiring.

Sashays between a class above and little boy lost.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 01 Nov 2021 13:23

I predict nothing to happen for 70mins, then Matt Smith to come on and cause carnage

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2021 13:52

Weren’t Reading at their best with a real makeshift centre of defence than one with much in the way of actual central defenders :lol: shame Tetek’s injured otherwise VP could go back to that arrangement.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Nov 2021 14:05

3-0 Reading.

We outplayed the mighty Bournemouth in the 1st quarter. There's a good team in there and it's just waiting to beat the shit out of someone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2021 14:12

Sutekh Weren’t Reading at their best with a real makeshift centre of defence than one with much in the way of actual central defenders :lol: shame Tetek’s injured otherwise VP could go back to that arrangement.

Yes, Josh Laurent has been far and away our best Centre Back.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Nov 2021 14:33

Simon's Church I predict nothing to happen for 70mins, then Matt Smith to come on and cause carnage

Before that of course they have 2 giant centre-backs to trouble us at corners and set pieces-hopefully, especially in the light of our defending of that corner v Bournemouth, the coaches will have talked about that threat with a message to block crosses and not give away cheap free kicks.

I have a feeling that Moore is undroppable in Pauno's eyes so the one change might be to play a back three of Holmes. Dann and Moore with Yiadom and Rahman as wing-backs.
It is then either TDB or Drinkwater for the chop and ,as other posters have said, pray for Swift to do something.

Somehow we have to get back to winning ways in the 10 games to be played before the New Year otherwise , with the likely points deduction, we will be in the bottom 3 with the major worry of our best player leaving.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2021 14:54

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh Weren’t Reading at their best with a real makeshift centre of defence than one with much in the way of actual central defenders :lol: shame Tetek’s injured otherwise VP could go back to that arrangement.

Yes, Josh Laurent has been far and away our best Centre Back.

and arguably our worst midfielder....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Nov 2021 16:14

Two up front for me. I know we don't have many options, but Puscas and Clarke should both start.

We need a different set up and two up front would take Millwall by suprise.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2021 16:30

Wycombe Royal Two up front for me. I know we don't have many options, but Puscas and Clarke should both start.

Clarke would get eaten alive by Cooper tbh. Not sure Millwall is the game for him.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Nov 2021 16:54

Hound
Wycombe Royal Two up front for me. I know we don't have many options, but Puscas and Clarke should both start.

Clarke would get eaten alive by Cooper tbh. Not sure Millwall is the game for him.

That doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's about mixing it up, giving the opposition something to think about and basically just trying something different.

On the other we can just put the same lineup and formationout again, watch Puscas get very little service whilst having the attentions of two central defenders on him whilst playing a midfield that keeps giving the ball away.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Nov 2021 17:46

What would you do in midfield to accommodate it?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Nov 2021 19:15

billybraggsbeard
windermereROYAL The Rino situation is a mystery to me, a month ago he was nearly there, not a Scooby on him since, Araruna had a run out in the U23s in the week, not even benched yesterday.

Araruna played two games for the u23's, in the last couple of weeks, lasted an hour in the first and ten minutes in the second

Araruna plays again tonight (surely this is only his second appearance back from injury?)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Nov 2021 20:30

morganb
billybraggsbeard

Araruna plays again tonight (surely this is only his second appearance back from injury?)

Correct he played 55 mins last Monday which was his first game back. He has not played since....until tonight

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Nov 2021 00:55

Snowflake Royal

What would you do in midfield to accommodate it?

Laurent and Swift. Might have Yiadom on the right and maybe even TDB on the left.

I’m kind of Ejaria’d out atm.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Nov 2021 06:15

Zip
morganb
billybraggsbeard Araruna played two games for the u23's, in the last couple of weeks, lasted an hour in the first and ten minutes in the second

Correct he played 55 mins last Monday which was his first game back. He has not played since....until tonight

And got 65 mins in. Imagine he will be close to making the bench for the Forest game.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Nov 2021 06:17

South Coast Royal
Simon's Church I predict nothing to happen for 70mins, then Matt Smith to come on and cause carnage

Before that of course they have 2 giant centre-backs to trouble us at corners and set pieces-hopefully, especially in the light of our defending of that corner v Bournemouth, the coaches will have talked about that threat with a message to block crosses and not give away cheap free kicks.

I have a feeling that Moore is undroppable in Pauno's eyes so the one change might be to play a back three of Holmes. Dann and Moore with Yiadom and Rahman as wing-backs.
It is then either TDB or Drinkwater for the chop and ,as other posters have said, pray for Swift to do something.

Somehow we have to get back to winning ways in the 10 games to be played before the New Year otherwise , with the likely points deduction, we will be in the bottom 3 with the major worry of our best player leaving.

We will. We seem to have runs under VP. 3 or 4 defeats normally followed by unbeaten runs of 6 or 7 games. Rinse. Repeat.

Squad size is concerning and now even the manager can't be involved.

413 posts