BFTG - Forest

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Forest

by Horsham Royal » 21 Nov 2021 12:17

South Coast Royal Lastly the goal-credit to Swift for playing a double bluff with everybody expecting a cross with Carroll in the box.
Even if not at his best yesterday he is still the one with vision and we are going to miss him.

And credit to TDB(?) for dragging the near post defender away to make space for Swift's ball in and to a lesser degree Carroll for blocking his defender. A good set piece ... looks like they'd been working on it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2021 13:08

Hound Wouldn't try to break it down any more than saying he was just beaten far too easily and the attempted tackle was incredibly lame

just don't see other centre backs beaten like that, and happens to Moore far too often

Holmes did do well, but it was him that got rinsed by Grabban for that goal line clearance wasn't it? That was pretty desperate

Yes it was Holmes. That is his weakness. He is slow. Other than that he has the makings of a very good centre back. Really composed, neat and tidy with his play yesterday.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Nov 2021 13:20

In Moores case has anyone else noticed he has bulked up substantially in the last few seasons. (Not fat) I have a friend who used to play semi pro a few years back then started weight lifting instead professionally, he tried to continue playing football aswell but as he bulked up more it limited his mobility on the pitch. So he gave up the football. Do you think this might be happening with Moore a bit?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 21 Nov 2021 14:11

Sutekh
SCIAG Very fun game.

Moore is a shadow of the player he was even a few months ago, I think he has to be fifth choice when everyone is fit and on current form I'd prefer to give Abbey a game.

On the flip side, Holmes is looking better than ever, and Carroll gives us the option of two up-top which is nice.

I know you may find it hard to believe but I think Abbey is currently injured.

Yes, I know. I'm pretty sure I was the one who told you.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 21 Nov 2021 15:51

Horsham Royal
South Coast Royal Lastly the goal-credit to Swift for playing a double bluff with everybody expecting a cross with Carroll in the box.
Even if not at his best yesterday he is still the one with vision and we are going to miss him.

And credit to TDB(?) for dragging the near post defender away to make space for Swift's ball in and to a lesser degree Carroll for blocking his defender. A good set piece ... looks like they'd been working on it.

Definitely planned...not sure if it was tdb or yiadom but just before I noticed him telling swift to delay the free kick and indicating he would run at the first man..for once swift meant to scuff it and it worked well. Credit to pauno for it too

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Nov 2021 16:08

Bigtimmeh
Horsham Royal

Definitely planned...not sure if it was tdb or yiadom but just before I noticed him telling swift to delay the free kick and indicating he would run at the first man..for once swift meant to scuff it and it worked well. Credit to pauno for it too

Carroll’s run and block took 3 Forest players away from where Dann ended up…lovely stuff!

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 21 Nov 2021 17:18

Kitsondinho
Bigtimmeh
Horsham Royal

Carroll’s run and block took 3 Forest players away from where Dann ended up…lovely stuff!

Yeah it made the goal. I wonder how many training sessions Carroll has been too..seemed like he was quite comfortable having a few heated discussions with everyone, particularly puscas. Also laurant and Rahman had a right go at each other towards the end, Rahman was completely out of position but instead of trying to get back just shrugged his shoulders and started shouting at laurant when the ball was still in play. When it went out for one of their late corners it looked like laurant was having none of it..and ejaria didn't really celebrate the goal? Probably because he's so tired ..

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 18:25

Hound Wouldn't try to break it down any more than saying he was just beaten far too easily and the attempted tackle was incredibly lame

just don't see other centre backs beaten like that, and happens to Moore far too often

Holmes did do well, but it was him that got rinsed by Grabban for that goal line clearance wasn't it? That was pretty desperate

That was Dann.

Holmes was beaten for pace when Grabban hit the side netting but still got back to cover the near post and make it hard for him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Nov 2021 21:58

tmesis You have to laugh at the fans singing "f*** the EFL". The rules are there is black and white. We broke them by a mile, and got about as lenient a punishment as we could have hoped. It's not exactly an injustice.

It's the rules themselves, rather than us being punished, why I say 'f*ck EFL'. Teams in the EPL can spend countless millions in a gamble to stay in that league. If the gamble doesn't pay off the EPL give them millions more in parachute payments. In stark contrast, if teams in the EFL spend millions in a gamble to get into the EPL and that gamble doesn't pay off the EFL deduct points from them and impose transfer/contract restrictions on top of that!

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 21 Nov 2021 23:35

RoyalBlue
tmesis You have to laugh at the fans singing "f*** the EFL". The rules are there is black and white. We broke them by a mile, and got about as lenient a punishment as we could have hoped. It's not exactly an injustice.

It's the rules themselves, rather than us being punished, why I say 'f*ck EFL'. Teams in the EPL can spend countless millions in a gamble to stay in that league. If the gamble doesn't pay off the EPL give them millions more in parachute payments. In stark contrast, if teams in the EFL spend millions in a gamble to get into the EPL and that gamble doesn't pay off the EFL deduct points from them and impose transfer/contract restrictions on top of that!

Exactly.
Claiming the EFL FFP is fair and just is like accepting Orwellian ‘double think’.

Allegedly Villa blatantly broke all the EFL FFP rules but got promoted and stayed up and thus ‘got away with it’.

Chelsea and City owners (not exclusively but most obviously) have ploughed money in to their Clubs.

City were banned from Europe for financial mismanagement and both Chelsea and City have been fined heavily but have avoided points deductions and European bans despite being found to have broken various financial regulations.

FFP stops Clubs from following the City and Chelsea process and by allowing parachute payments to Clubs relegated from the Premier League provides a massive advantage to those Clubs, even if those Clubs chose to break the rules to get to the Prem.

It’s the inconsistency of application of FFP and the ‘after the horse is bolted’; selective, morally bankrupt, vacuous claims for the greater good; which leads to the ‘f@?! the EFL chants!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Nov 2021 23:49

RoyalBlue

The premier league is a separate competition, with its own rules.

Such gambling on promotion is devastating the finances of the game at this level, and making it almost impossible to run a club sensibly. The league took steps to try to reel it in. The rules really don't go far enough, as there's no way that losing an average of £13 million a season is any way to run a club.

Regardless of whether you agree with attempts to stop reckless spending or not, we knew the rules, and willingly broke them. We can't claim it's unfair any more than we can moan about a player being sent off for a prefessional foul.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2021 08:56

tmesis
RoyalBlue

Such gambling on promotion is devastating the finances of the game at this level, and making it almost impossible to run a club sensibly. The league took steps to try to reel it in. The rules really don't go far enough, as there's no way that losing an average of £13 million a season is any way to run a club.

Regardless of whether you agree with attempts to stop reckless spending or not, we knew the rules, and willingly broke them. We can't claim it's unfair any more than we can moan about a player being sent off for a prefessional foul.

I'm not sure what the solution is to be honest, but arguably its not the gambling at this level which is the issue, which is relatively small fry compared to the gambling going on in the Prem. The parachute payments came in because of that not because of teams trying to buy promotion

Our losses for the past 4 years is about the going rate for a top 4 club transfer (without wages) at the moment.

Its obviously wrong what we did, and no issue at all with the punishment. But it still sticks in the throat that basically you cheat and are successful (Villa, Bournemouth, Leicester etc) then all good, but cheat but don't do it well enough (Us, Derby, Sheff Weds) you get a big points fine and likely relegation. Its an odd way of enacting a punishment

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Nov 2021 09:04

tmesis
RoyalBlue

Yet parachute payments exist. The EFL don't want real financial fair play and neither do the Premier League. Got to keep their heritage clubs at the top and stop anyone from daring to challenge the established order.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Nov 2021 09:34

John Madejski's Wallet Oh and I really liked the Forest kit! :lol:

According to NASA apparently, the Reading Forest game was the only football game visible from space.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Nov 2021 09:49

Nothing to be excited about but I did notice the stadium was fuller than usual. We had a 15k attendance, must be the highest of the season surely.

Lets hope some fans come back now we know our fate with the EFL and get behind the team.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Nov 2021 10:00

Royal_jimmy Nothing to be excited about but I did notice the stadium was fuller than usual. We had a 15k attendance, must be the highest of the season surely.

Lets hope some fans come back now we know our fate with the EFL and get behind the team.

Could it have been the Carroll effect? Or they wanted to buy a biscuit tin from the Megastore and decided to stay and watch the match?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Nov 2021 10:04

Royal_jimmy Nothing to be excited about but I did notice the stadium was fuller than usual. We had a 15k attendance, must be the highest of the season surely.

I think we may have had a few more for the QPR game but not much in it. Yes there were more in on Saturday obviously helped by Forest selling their away allocation.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Nov 2021 10:18

Zip

I think we may have had a few more for the QPR game but not much in it. Yes there were more in on Saturday obviously helped by Forest selling their away allocation.

Watching from afar, the East Stand certainly looked fuller than it has done of late. Hopefully, a few more results and some confidence may start to come from fans as well as the club - the mood certainly seemed more positive as of late. We can but hope that the deduction draws a line under the last few years and let's us move forward.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2021 10:25

yeah was definitely fuller - took us quite a while to get out.

Forest fans were a bit weird, I thought they were excellent for the first 10 means, very noisy (though 'when we win promotion...lolz'). And then they just seemed to stop for the rest of the game, barely heard a squeak

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Nov 2021 10:34

QPR still the highest gate this season at 14,928. We had 14,907 on Saturday.
The queues for the buses to and from Mereoak were the longest I have seen in ages on Saturday.