BFTG - Forest

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Forest

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2021 21:30

tidus_mi2
NathStPaul I really don't enjoy knocking refs but today's referee was the perfect storm of both smug and completely wrong about 95% of the time. Constantly trying to even things up, almost alternating who he'd award free kicks to.

I need to see Rahman's tackle because it looked absolute perfect and it was so infuriating when he judged it as a foul.

Was a beautiful tackle, sat right behind it. Ludicrous decision.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Nov 2021 21:48

You have to laugh at the fans singing "f*** the EFL". The rules are there is black and white. We broke them by a mile, and got about as lenient a punishment as we could have hoped. It's not exactly an injustice.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 21:48

Millsy This one's for Ian and CountryRoyal.

Let's talk about Moore.

Before anyone calls me a bedwetter or scapegoater look back at the Brum thread and see how I was the first to stick up fiercely for Moore after that howler.

Admittedly I'm no central defender so am not the one to critique CBs (I was shit when I tried age 10, never again!).

But today his cockup was almost IDENTICAL to the second goal we let in against Bournemouth. Tried but FAILED to show attacker onto his weaker foot, who then just waltzed passed him and he rather pathetically just kneels, totally defeated, hoping his back leg would do something magical. For Bournemouth I guessed he was just shattered but this is after 3 mins FFS.

Ok there were many shite in defence for that goal. No idea what Dann was up to.
Drinkwater shite as usual.Butt still... To see the same thing twice in 3 games from Moore and I'm beginning to wonder...

And while I mention Drinkwater apart from the shit initial challenge for the goal, he showed his utter shiteness 9 seconds into the game with an unpressurized ball to Rahman that cocked up and put us immediately under pressure. Another shortly after to Yids in the box that was very dangerous and thanks to a shit ref he thought Yids was fouled otherwise likely goal. Then at about 25mins a total cockup gifting Grabban the ball. 3 X liability moments at least then I stopped counting.

BUT to be fair he also did a LOT of good in the game so I will give him a pass.

10/10 to Pauno for taking off Moore AND going 442 keeping Puski on. Totally changed the game for the better. He's learning!

Could have/should have won that.

My read of the goal is this.

Moore is on his heels and doesn’t react to the ball breaking towards him, when if he's on his toes there's a decent chance he can get there first.

He sees how the ball's broken after his initial delay and makes the poor decision to move to win it.

Except he's moved too slow, so he quickly comes to a halt because he won't get there.

He's now static with the Forest player on the ball running at him at pace.

So he steps in half heartedly to try to make up for his hesitation, but at that point he's hopelessly easy to go round, and he just half heartedly trails a leg in desperation.

There's three things Moore could / should do here in order of how the play develops.

1) be ready and instantly go hard to win the loose ball. If he's looking second best to get there, then he can take the man too if necessary.... may escape a yellow if he's late given how early it is.

2) realise he's missed his chance to go out and win it and back off trying to show the player down the flank and just hold him up whilst others get back.

3) realise he's completely screwed the defensive pooch and just take one for the team. Wipe out the forward. Might get away with no yellow given how early it is.

I was too busy marvelling at Moore's stop start do everything exactly wrong approach to notice what Dann was up to.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 21:49

NathStPaul
tidus_mi2
NathStPaul I really don't enjoy knocking refs but today's referee was the perfect storm of both smug and completely wrong about 95% of the time. Constantly trying to even things up, almost alternating who he'd award free kicks to.

I need to see Rahman's tackle because it looked absolute perfect and it was so infuriating when he judged it as a foul.

Agree, commented after the replay it was the best tackle I've seen this season.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Nov 2021 22:11

My thoughts on todays game

Despite the injuries we made a decent fist of it

Carroll was surprisingly decent and caused havoc when he came on.

Ref was not very good

Grabban is still useless.

Florist fans for whatever reason, didn't appear to like getting behind their team.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Nov 2021 23:05

tmesis You have to laugh at the fans singing "f*** the EFL". The rules are there is black and white. We broke them by a mile, and got about as lenient a punishment as we could have hoped. It's not exactly an injustice.

Yep. When we were under embargo and having to play Bristow you could just about understand it, but since then we’ve made half a dozen signings and only been deducted six points. Can’t have any complaints about our case.

That said, would like them to take a harder line on the QPRs and Bournemouths of the world who break the rules, get promoted, get relegated, and escape punishment. But that’s irrelevant to our present situation.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Nov 2021 23:37

Okay. just got home (hic) but still fuming about Moore`s non defending for their goal, any championship standard defender would be embarrassed by the way he got done on the edge of the box, for the rest of the half Holmes showed him the art of tackling.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Nov 2021 00:02

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
tidus_mi2 I need to see Rahman's tackle because it looked absolute perfect and it was so infuriating when he judged it as a foul.

Agree, commented after the replay it was the best tackle I've seen this season.

I can only imagine he made contact with the player before the ball (or the ref thought he did) as I can't see any other reason to give a foul.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Nov 2021 07:10

ONly seen the tackle in real time so not had the benefit of multi angles, slow mo or even just a second view...
Thought it was a good tackle, but was it controlled ? Was his foot off the ground and studs showing ? The rules now are so technical (and I have no problem in principle with trying to stop players getting hurt by poor challenges) but for me it was a very skilful piece of work that deserved applause rather than a card.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 21 Nov 2021 09:04

download Do we need to discuss what on the face of it appeared to be sh*thousery from Lowe in the first half. Was injured but was initially off the field of play. The ref made sure he was ok, only for him to request attention once he had walked back onto the field of play. Although to be fair he did end up being substituted so it was a genuine injury.

That was awful from the ref. He should not have allowed him back onto the pitch. The only reason he limped back on was to get the game stopped so they could sub him before play restarted. They didn’t want to play with 10. Both Forest CBs signalled to the bench he needed subbing before Lowe got up and got back onto the pitch.

Then just after the substitution, Bong passed the ball back to Samba in the most blatant way and it wasn’t given! How the ref and the lino managed to miss that, I don’t know! It was right in front of us in the Dolan and both officials were in the perfect position to see it, but failed!

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 Nov 2021 09:41

tmesis You have to laugh at the fans singing "f*** the EFL". The rules are there is black and white. We broke them by a mile, and got about as lenient a punishment as we could have hoped. It's not exactly an injustice.

Hasn’t got the same ring to it though has it.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Nov 2021 10:07

Moore wasn’t the only one to have a shocker for that goal. Yiadom and Drinkwater were passed around so easily, Laurent was understandably unable to get there in time to help out so it was a three on three leaving the defence well exposed. Dann at first looks questionable, but if he didn’t do that then the Forest man can slip his teammate through for an easy goal so it was a lose-lose situation for him. Considering this happened from a Forest throw in this is a pretty shocking level of organisation all round.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Nov 2021 11:15

Snowflake Royal

Let's talk about Moore.

Before anyone calls me a bedwetter or scapegoater look back at the Brum thread and see how I was the first to stick up fiercely for Moore after that howler.

Admittedly I'm no central defender so am not the one to critique CBs (I was shit when I tried age 10, never again!).

But today his cockup was almost IDENTICAL to the second goal we let in against Bournemouth. Tried but FAILED to show attacker onto his weaker foot, who then just waltzed passed him and he rather pathetically just kneels, totally defeated, hoping his back leg would do something magical. For Bournemouth I guessed he was just shattered but this is after 3 mins FFS.

Drinkwater shite as usual.Butt still... To see the same thing twice in 3 games from Moore and I'm beginning to wonder...

And while I mention Drinkwater apart from the shit initial challenge for the goal, he showed his utter shiteness 9 seconds into the game with an unpressurized ball to Rahman that cocked up and put us immediately under pressure. Another shortly after to Yids in the box that was very dangerous and thanks to a shit ref he thought Yids was fouled otherwise likely goal. Then at about 25mins a total cockup gifting Grabban the ball. 3 X liability moments at least then I stopped counting.

10/10 to Pauno for taking off Moore AND going 442 keeping Puski on. Totally changed the game for the better. He's learning!

Moore is on his heels and doesn’t react to the ball breaking towards him, when if he's on his toes there's a decent chance he can get there first.

He sees how the ball's broken after his initial delay and makes the poor decision to move to win it.

Except he's moved too slow, so he quickly comes to a halt because he won't get there.

So he steps in half heartedly to try to make up for his hesitation, but at that point he's hopelessly easy to go round, and he just half heartedly trails a leg in desperation.

There's three things Moore could / should do here in order of how the play develops.

1) be ready and instantly go hard to win the loose ball. If he's looking second best to get there, then he can take the man too if necessary.... may escape a yellow if he's late given how early it is.

2) realise he's missed his chance to go out and win it and back off trying to show the player down the flank and just hold him up whilst others get back.

3) realise he's completely screwed the defensive pooch and just take one for the team. Wipe out the forward. Might get away with no yellow given how early it is.

I was too busy marvelling at Moore's stop start do everything exactly wrong approach to notice what Dann was up to.

Yeah I can see that.

Ended up looking a carbon copy of Bournemouth’s second though. Facing right, players goes round his left. Kneels and hopes back leg does something.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Nov 2021 11:18

windermereROYAL Okay. just got home (hic) but still fuming about Moore`s non defending for their goal, any championship standard defender would be embarrassed by the way he got done on the edge of the box, for the rest of the half Holmes showed him the art of tackling.

As it was happening I was shouting "Don't back off" but obvs he didn't hear me as I was about 60 yards away-next time (hoping there isn't a next time) I'll have to shout louder :wink: .
Also what makes him think he is Beckenbauer?
Let the midfielders do the passing, that's what they do.
I expect Pauno to defend him and write it off because of all the travelling he has done but I hope not and would love to see Holmes playing centrally next week, as most other fans I suspect would.

An ok game where we were just waiting for Carroll to come on and he didn't disappoint, including 2 headed defensive clearances.
I don't think we have the strength defensively in midfield to play two up front and unfortunately, although it might help Puscas, I suspect that we wouldn't score enough to exceed goals conceded.

Add me to the Holmes MOM lot-he has a great attitude which goes a long way.
Zip mentioned Yiadom-once again he has a great attitude but hasn't got the guile or accuracy and accuracy will be needed for crosses if Carroll is playing.

Ejaria needs a break and to think about his game.

Lastly the goal-credit to Swift for playing a double bluff with everybody expecting a cross with Carroll in the box.
Even if not at his best yesterday he is still the one with vision and we are going to miss him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 11:36

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

Let's talk about Moore.

Yeah I can see that.

Ended up looking a carbon copy of Bournemouth’s second though. Facing right, players goes round his left. Kneels and hopes back leg does something.

Having seen the replay side on he was further from the ball than i thought so 1 is a no go really. Others apply.

Less bad than I thought.

Not seeing any big error from Dann though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2021 11:39

South Coast Royal
windermereROYAL Okay. just got home (hic) but still fuming about Moore`s non defending for their goal, any championship standard defender would be embarrassed by the way he got done on the edge of the box, for the rest of the half Holmes showed him the art of tackling.

As it was happening I was shouting "Don't back off" but obvs he didn't hear me as I was about 60 yards away-next time (hoping there isn't a next time) I'll have to shout louder :wink: .
Also what makes him think he is Beckenbauer?
Let the midfielders do the passing, that's what they do.
I expect Pauno to defend him and write it off because of all the travelling he has done but I hope not and would love to see Holmes playing centrally next week, as most other fans I suspect would.

An ok game where we were just waiting for Carroll to come on and he didn't disappoint, including 2 headed defensive clearances.
I don't think we have the strength defensively in midfield to play two up front and unfortunately, although it might help Puscas, I suspect that we wouldn't score enough to exceed goals conceded.

Add me to the Holmes MOM lot-he has a great attitude which goes a long way.
Zip mentioned Yiadom-once again he has a great attitude but hasn't got the guile or accuracy and accuracy will be needed for crosses if Carroll is playing.

Ejaria needs a break and to think about his game.

Lastly the goal-credit to Swift for playing a double bluff with everybody expecting a cross with Carroll in the box.
Even if not at his best yesterday he is still the one with vision and we are going to miss him.

Personally think backing off was the right move, but he neither commited to backing off or closing down.

Remember when Ejaria would beat 3 players in style? It rarely delivered but was at least eye catching. Doesn’t even do that anymore

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Nov 2021 12:04

TiagoIlori Moore wasn’t the only one to have a shocker for that goal. Yiadom and Drinkwater were passed around so easily, Laurent was understandably unable to get there in time to help out so it was a three on three leaving the defence well exposed. Dann at first looks questionable, but if he didn’t do that then the Forest man can slip his teammate through for an easy goal so it was a lose-lose situation for him. Considering this happened from a Forest throw in this is a pretty shocking level of organisation all round.

Should Dann have realised the other Forest player (Grabban?) would have been offside if Zinkernagel had played him in?
Guess not.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2021 12:10

SCIAG Very fun game.

Moore is a shadow of the player he was even a few months ago, I think he has to be fifth choice when everyone is fit and on current form I'd prefer to give Abbey a game.

On the flip side, Holmes is looking better than ever, and Carroll gives us the option of two up-top which is nice.

I know you may find it hard to believe but I think Abbey is currently injured.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2021 12:13

Wouldn't try to break it down any more than saying he was just beaten far too easily and the attempted tackle was incredibly lame

just don't see other centre backs beaten like that, and happens to Moore far too often

Holmes did do well, but it was him that got rinsed by Grabban for that goal line clearance wasn't it? That was pretty desperate

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2021 12:13

John Madejski's Wallet Quite an enjoyable game all in.

Moore made some absolute howlers and Drinkwater was wasteful. I've had enough of Ejaria, he ruins every attack. Did it even more when he dropped deep in the last 20.

Most of our attacking play went through Yids, absolutely nothing through Ejaria.

Rahman and Holmes were bloody great. Holmes MOTM for me, his reading of the play is exceptional and somewhat makes up for his lack of pace.

Weren’t Forest reportedly interested in trying to sign Holmes last window? Wonder if that interest will become something more substantial in January.