MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h)

310 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (h)

by CountryRoyal » 23 Nov 2021 22:05

NathStPaul
CountryRoyal There’s no conviction.

There might be some pending for crimes against football.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 22:07

Bristol Paul That was a relegation performance. Thought Puscas was great, majority of the others piss poor. No shape, no urgency, no tactics. Swift worse game for weeks, Ejaria just gets worse, Laurent a shadow of last season, and Moore, well just leave it at that.

People have been saying we could still finish top half and maybe threaten the POs with the 6 point deduction.

I'm yet to see anything that convinces me we aren’t capable of being relegated without the points deduction.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Nov 2021 22:07

CountryRoyal Painful. I literally yearn for the day I wake up to see this fraud sacked. How does he still have a job.

Can’t wait for Saturday. May just not be arsed to get covid pass. :lol:

I'm in the Swans end, but luckily there's not much danger of me having to stifle any celebrations.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Nov 2021 22:11

POSITIVES

Puscas not awful.

Moore no howlers.

No injuries.

Hal is back.

Strong bench at last.

Most importantly Fleck is ok as far as we can tell for now - thoughts and prayers with him for his ongoing recovery and career.
Last edited by Millsy on 23 Nov 2021 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Nov 2021 22:16

Well that was awful. What has happened to our midfield? Feels like Ejaria and Swift have been completely neutralised.

I'm not panicking yet, I feel like we've got enough quality. By Pauno needs to get a grip.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Nov 2021 22:28

To be honest, that was a fair result, we played better in the 2nd half, but yet again the subs were too late. Andy Carroll and Tom Holmes need to start the next match. Ejaria needs to be shifted asap to make way for someone who wants to play for Reading.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 22:46

I'm not saying worst, but that was the most insipid display I think I've seen since Stam's second season.

We've definitely played worse in that time. But rarely as directionless and empty of any quality whatsoever.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2021 22:46

Genuine question: how are professional players consistently unable to beat the first man with crosses/corners?

Thought Carroll looked very good when on.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 23 Nov 2021 22:52

Well , that was bad , we never looked like scoring . They need to be told that just because we play so many players in midfield doesn’t mean that every one of them has to touch it before it gets to the final third !
The passing was poor and slow ! Both Shef United wide players had so much space !
Now we have some players back and available, I think it’s time to leave Ejaria out and see if we can get the ball forward quicker .
I can’t think of anything positive to say about tonight’s performance ! Dreadful !

bakerlou

by bakerlou » 23 Nov 2021 23:04

Millsy Sorry to say this but the most exciting period of the game by far.

that's an absolute cunt of a thing to say

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Nov 2021 23:06

I we ask nicely do you think the EFL would consider not giving us midweek fixtures?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Nov 2021 23:12

windermereROYAL I we ask nicely do you think the EFL would consider not giving us midweek fixtures?

None now till next year

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Nov 2021 23:17

That was pretty dismal. Remarked to Mrs S how it compared (very badly) to our win at Fulham, where there always seemed to be multiple options for the pass, lots of willing runners, and players moving in diamonds across the pitch. Today, the pitch looked a mile wide at times. Rarely seemed to be two or three players near the ball. And rarely did anyone without it move into space. Bizarrely flat performance.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Nov 2021 23:17

Brogue
windermereROYAL I we ask nicely do you think the EFL would consider not giving us midweek fixtures?

None now till next year

Fulham 29th Dec. can`t wait.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Nov 2021 23:30

WTF did I witness tonight. Can't remember an absolute shitty performance on that level for years. Probably Stams second season.
We actually look like we are going down. They looked clueless. Paunovic needs to be in the frontline for blame as well.
Unless Puscas has Swift and Helalovic behind him he offers no threat. We should have tried something different.
A word on Ejaria.....time to drop him, he offers so little nowadays.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Nov 2021 23:52

One win against this lot since 2009 (2013 in the FA cup) what is it about teams starting with the letter S? who`s next, oh that would be Swansea who we haven`t beaten since 2008.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 24 Nov 2021 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Nov 2021 00:00

Absolute shit. I struggle to see what our tactics are. Other than hope Swift does something good.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2021 00:22

Just got home. I wonder why I bother. Sick and tired of Pauno and his brand of football. It’s negative, passive and narrow.

I knew we would lose the game from the way we started. We were so passive allowing them to pass the ball at will with no press at all.
We were very lucky not to fall behind when Moore gave away such a needless free-kick from which they hit the bar.

It astounds me that some nobbers don’t think we need wingers. You must be kidding me. We persist in playing Yids as a wingback. He cannot fukking cross the ball. When is this going to penetrate Pauno’s thick skull.
We have no width. The number of times a player in possession had to check and turn back because there was no option wide was ridiculous.
The players cluster and at time get in each other’s way and make short passes which put the players under pressure. It achieves nothing. We desperately struggle to stretch the opposition.

Then there is the lack of players making themselves available to receive the ball. Often a player was crowded out with no one available to pass to. No one busts a gut to make runs to receive the ball from thrown ins either.

At half time we were crying our for change. Junior and I both felt Carroll had to come on straight after the break but I said he wouldn’t make a change until we fell behind. Reactive once again.

I went to see Cheltenham in the Cup last Tuesday night. They were such a hard working side with a positive attack minded approach. Michael Duff is doing a brilliant job on incredibly limited resources. Duff IN. Pauno out.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2021 00:30

Jagermesiter1871 Thought Carroll looked very good when on.

Give it a couple more weeks, we will soon coach that out him.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2021 00:33

Zip Just got home. I wonder why I bother. Sick and tired of Pauno and his brand of football. It’s negative, passive and narrow.

I knew we would lose the game from the way we started. We were so passive allowing them to pass the ball at will with no press at all.
We were very lucky not to fall behind when Moore gave away such a needless free-kick from which they hit the bar.

It astounds me that some nobbers don’t think we need wingers. You must be kidding me. We persist in playing Yids as a wingback. He cannot fukking cross the ball. When is this going to penetrate Pauno’s thick skull.
We have no width. The number of times a player in possession had to check and turn back because there was no option wide was ridiculous.
The players cluster and at time get in each other’s way and make short passes which put the players under pressure. It achieves nothing. We desperately struggle to stretch the opposition.

Then there is the lack of players making themselves available to receive the ball. Often a player was crowded out with no one available to pass to. No one busts a gut to make runs to receive the ball from thrown ins either.

At half time we were crying our for change. Junior and I both felt Carroll had to come on straight after the break but I said he wouldn’t make a change until we fell behind. Reactive once again.

I went to see Cheltenham in the Cup last Tuesday night. They were such a hard working side with a positive attack minded approach. Michael Duff is doing a brilliant job on incredibly limited resources. Duff IN. Pauno out.

All of this is spot on.

310 posts