MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a)

148 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a)

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2021 10:51

Tactics much better yesterday. Swansea not too dissimilar to Sheffield United - slow passes through the defence and midfield without really going anywhere aside from the odd long shot. Tuesday night we stood there and watched, yesterday we engaged, won the ball higher up the pitch and created more opportunities. Simple tweak yet very effective. Sure, we rode our luck a bit with rebounds etc but you earn your own luck at times. We deserved something from yesterday whereas we got exactly what we deserved on Tuesday

Thought most players did their job well but Carroll and Drinkwater were the stand outs. Experience and quality really shone through from those two

No problems with keeping Paunovic with performances like yesterday on a consistent basis. Yet that’s been a recurring problem, the consistency aspect
Last edited by URZZZZ on 28 Nov 2021 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Nov 2021 10:54

Hound
windermereROYAL Real togetherness in his team no matter what anyone says otherwise.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 0yVcdWl0a4

yeah the spirit does seem good. Pauno does seem to have kept morale pretty high

One thing not been mentioned on the threads that I've seen is the good work from Swift on the two goals. Cuts out a pass and then very quickly releases TDB on the first, and presses the defender into the mistake on the third. Both a result of hard work and intelligent pressing.

TDB looks a hell of a lot better further forward from those highlights than his shocking performance in midweek. Maybe a little run as one of those attacking midfielders will work out for him - not been impressed with him as a defensive midfielder

TDB played in the same position I believe as he did Tuesday, as a LF/LAM/whatever you call it

His goal tally has been impressive since joining, but still lots of things to work on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Nov 2021 11:38

URZZZZ
Hound
windermereROYAL Real togetherness in his team no matter what anyone says otherwise.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 0yVcdWl0a4

One thing not been mentioned on the threads that I've seen is the good work from Swift on the two goals. Cuts out a pass and then very quickly releases TDB on the first, and presses the defender into the mistake on the third. Both a result of hard work and intelligent pressing.

TDB looks a hell of a lot better further forward from those highlights than his shocking performance in midweek. Maybe a little run as one of those attacking midfielders will work out for him - not been impressed with him as a defensive midfielder

TDB played in the same position I believe as he did Tuesday, as a LF/LAM/whatever you call it

His goal tally has been impressive since joining, but still lots of things to work on

wasn't particularly suggesting he was playing as a DM against Sheff Utd as he touched it so infrequently and had so little impact don't really know where he was. Looking at the heat maps he seems a lot tighter the left hand side in this game - 9 of his 13 touches against Sheff U were on the RHS.

either way definitely prefer him further forward generally - happy to give him some time in Ejaria's usual position. He's clearly got some ability, and his shooting is excellent at times

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2021 12:04

CountryRoyal
Hendo
genome https://twitter.com/LordCKS/status/1464638696351842310

What an absolute whopper

Yeah, he can get in the bin. If you can’t be happy that your team won on a Saturday afternoon, regardless of who the manager is, then maybe you should find something else to do.

I can’t believe I’m saying this… but I get his logic. He is so anti-Pauno and his entire raison d'être is for him to be sacked - therefore any result which makes that scenario less likely is, by definition, antithetical to what he wants.

I am not saying I agree with it, I categorically don’t, I just understand why he is approaching like that. I don’t really use Twitter but see his name pop up enough, so from the things I’ve heard I can’t say I’m surprised.

Ftr everyone knows I’m Pauno out but my god I’m never going to actively want us to lose, and will always celebrate every goal.

I still maintain I would love Pauno to turn this around. I don’t have much reason to be optimistic he will build on this, but I’d love it if he does.

There's certainly an appeal I can understand to just wanting the situation to change and anything that delays that is bad.

We saw with Stam that him lingering on was worse for us than pulling the trigger.

But he's certainly a massive bellend.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2021 12:11

Hound
URZZZZ
Hound

wasn't particularly suggesting he was playing as a DM against Sheff Utd as he touched it so infrequently and had so little impact don't really know where he was. Looking at the heat maps he seems a lot tighter the left hand side in this game - 9 of his 13 touches against Sheff U were on the RHS.

either way definitely prefer him further forward generally - happy to give him some time in Ejaria's usual position. He's clearly got some ability, and his shooting is excellent at times

I'd look at Sheff U as an anomalie. We had oxf*rd all shape or organisation.

Generally when he's played he's either been in the centre bursting through the middle (looking good) or out wide right and woeful / anonymous.

Interesting that he performed quite well wide left yesterday. Though he only really seemed to come alive on breaks and turnovers.

I think he's a player who benefits from a higher tempo game. Halilovic being back should help him.

To my mind, he and Laurent fill the same roll. He's a bit trickier, while Laurent is stronger.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Nov 2021 13:48

Just catching up after being away in Plymouth. That is a huge win and badly needed. It seems like we were much better in attack getting the ball forward much more quickly. Hip hip hooray if true and about time but better late than never.

Disappointing that we have further injuries with the likes of Rinomhota and TMac still not back. Hull next up. They are in good form. We need another win to start pushing we’ll clear of the bottom three.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2021 13:51

Snowflake Royal
Hound
URZZZZ

I'd look at Sheff U as an anomalie. We had oxf*rd all shape or organisation.

Generally when he's played he's either been in the centre bursting through the middle (looking good) or out wide right and woeful / anonymous.

Interesting that he performed quite well wide left yesterday. Though he only really seemed to come alive on breaks and turnovers.

I think he's a player who benefits from a higher tempo game. Halilovic being back should help him.

To my mind, he and Laurent fill the same roll. He's a bit trickier, while Laurent is stronger.

I would suggest that he got his own roll.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Nov 2021 09:02

CountryRoyal
Hendo
genome https://twitter.com/LordCKS/status/1464638696351842310

What an absolute whopper

Yeah, he can get in the bin. If you can’t be happy that your team won on a Saturday afternoon, regardless of who the manager is, then maybe you should find something else to do.

I can’t believe I’m saying this… but I get his logic. He is so anti-Pauno and his entire raison d'être is for him to be sacked - therefore any result which makes that scenario less likely is, by definition, antithetical to what he wants.

There is no logic. Inaccuracy of his tweets and thoughts are so way off the mark. He's totally reactionary, spreads hate and toxicity and he's an embarrassment to our fanbase.

148 posts