BFTG Hull (H)

percy_freeman

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by percy_freeman » 05 Dec 2021 10:47

I'd love to know what the Ref said to Swift when him and Carroll complained to him about the handball. He nearly pissed himself as he turned away!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Dec 2021 10:49

Fair result on play (not fair in terms of penalties).
Why does it take an opposition goal to liven us up-shouldn't we already be going for the 2nd goal?

A few comments:-
Tom Holmes is here to stay and now warrants selection ahead of others
Scott Dann is this season's Morrison
Rahman is very good going forward but, like many modern full-backs, can't defend.
Tetek is not a full-back.
I know he was just filling in but not facing a long ball led to their goal; he was all over the place and facing the wrong way.
Halli-not convinced
Southwood and Swift-can both be forgiven for below par performances as they have both been very good this season and Southwood's save from Holmes' slice was brilliant

Funniest moment of the game was Drinkwater falling over his own feet and yet somehow recovering to keep the ball-a good example of somebody's "legs have gone" but he had a good all-round game.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Dec 2021 11:14

Donny Ironside
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Only an arsehole would be one.

I don't think you mean that the way it sounds.

Decent chaps go into reffing receiving loads of abuse.

We just have to trust he'll get performance reviewed.

I actually think he's generally quite a sensible ref so quite surprised by today.

Don't defend Ian

Hes the biggest pcunt on the board. Gives sly and not so sly digs at people and is the most abusive member on here. Hes called me a retard , and abused me for mental health problems and trying to end it all

Looking at him he has nothing going for him though.

It was a playful dig at PtR, relax.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2021 11:17

It wasn't even directed at Ptr. Though the cap fits.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Dec 2021 12:13

Just a quick thought on VAR it’s very expensive but not a problem for the riches of the Premier league. However when a clear and obvious mistake has been made as with the handball. Then the 4th official who does f…k all anyway could look at it and call the ref over and take a look you would only need one camera angle to see that, it was a pen.
Or how about each captain gets one call a game like cricket to ask for a review? If it’s right he keeps the review if it’s wrong he losses the appeal or simply if there is not a clear and obvious tv angle. Then he keeps the review.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2021 12:17

I'd like us to get VAR right in the PL before we roll it out to Championship.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Dec 2021 12:31

percy_freeman I'd love to know what the Ref said to Swift when him and Carroll complained to him about the handball. He nearly pissed himself as he turned away!

I think he was saying the defender’s hand was by his side.

Swift couldn’t believe it. We were robbed.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Dec 2021 12:33

South Coast Royal Funniest moment of the game was Drinkwater falling over his own feet and yet somehow recovering to keep the ball-a good example of somebody's "legs have gone" but he had a good all-round game.

That should also have been a hand ball :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2021 12:34

scumbag A pretty decent performance but one we really should be taking three points from.

Southwood 5 - looked shaky after smashing his head against the post - possible concussion q reason for their goal?

That did cross my mind. However, he'd had a couple of shaky moments prior to then, including the incident that led to him banging his head on the post. He subsequently reacted smartly to keep out Holmes' 'effort' although that was pretty much straight at him. Unless he now displays signs of concussion post-match, I doubt even he will know whether hitting his head on the post was a contributory factor to his error.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2021 12:37

Zip I don’t know how any fan of a Championship football team can justify not having VAR at this level.

Because it kills the immediacy & spontaneity of the game and because the officials locked away in Stockley Park often show themselves to be even less competent than those on the pitch!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Dec 2021 13:30

RoyalBlue
Zip I don’t know how any fan of a Championship football team can justify not having VAR at this level.

Because it kills the immediacy & spontaneity of the game and because the officials locked away in Stockley Park often show themselves to be even less competent than those on the pitch!

I don’t think we should prioritise “spontaneity” over getting correct decisions… :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2021 14:20

Southwood was due a costly mistake. It happens. He will bounce back against WBA. He has been excellent to date.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2021 14:36

CountryRoyal
percy_freeman I'd love to know what the Ref said to Swift when him and Carroll complained to him about the handball. He nearly pissed himself as he turned away!

I think he was saying the defender’s hand was by his side.

Swift couldn’t believe it. We were robbed.

that was my read as well.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 05 Dec 2021 14:51

Donny Ironside
Millsy
Snowflake Royal Only an arsehole would be one.

I actually think he's generally quite a sensible ref so quite surprised by today.

Don't defend Ian

Hes the biggest pcunt on the board. Gives sly and not so sly digs at people and is the most abusive member on here. Hes called me a retard , and abused me for mental health problems and trying to end it all

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 05 Dec 2021 14:55

karbota
Donny Ironside
Millsy

Don't defend Ian

To be fair he does have a point here.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 05 Dec 2021 15:17

RoyalBlue
scumbag A pretty decent performance but one we really should be taking three points from.

Southwood 5 - looked shaky after smashing his head against the post - possible concussion q reason for their goal?

That did cross my mind. However, he'd had a couple of shaky moments prior to then, including the incident that led to him banging his head on the post. He subsequently reacted smartly to keep out Holmes' 'effort' although that was pretty much straight at him. Unless he now displays signs of concussion post-match, I doubt even he will know whether hitting his head on the post was a contributory factor to his error.

It was the spin on the ball that got him.
He had it covered till it bounced near the pen spot.
Look closely and you see the ball dramatically change direction after the bounce.
If it was deflected, no one would be blaming so much and that bounce was as good as a deflection.
Given he was already set to gather it before the "deflection" he did well to get anything on it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Dec 2021 16:13

Zip Southwood was due a costly mistake. It happens. He will bounce back against WBA. He has been excellent to date.

Exactly, he’s young and it’s the first mistake that has directly cost us a goal. No complaints at all really, all players make mistakes, it happens.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 05 Dec 2021 18:21

karbota
karbota
Donny Ironside Don't defend Ian

IM NOT MENTAL!!!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Dec 2021 18:37

I was against VAR but I think there is just too much at stake now not to have it.
The fact this clueless bint of a ref is let loose in the EFL just proves we need it.
Lower leagues in Europe have it. We are in the 5th biggest league in Europe and it's crazy we don't.
The EPL should fund it out of the parachute payments. Apparently there is a VAR lite which can be used.
To me it seems to work reasonably well in the EPL now, and personally anything is better than witnessing that shit show of officiating yesterday.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Dec 2021 21:05

Donny Ironside
karbota
karbota

IM NOT MENTAL!!!!

His Mummy had him tested.